Primitive+, The Center, Allosaurus, Pelagornis, and the Fishing Frenzy Free Weekend!

Jatheish

So I'm not the type to have an issue with Ark. In fact I am a huge fan, but we were told the update would release for Xbox on the 28th. We were so excited that we took a vote on my private server that I run and decided to transition over to the Primitive + upon release. In anticipation for this I wiped the server. Literally got rid of hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of work last night. Only to find out it isnt coming for weeks? Like I said, I'm not one to complain, but thats super not cool. You had to have known it wasn't coming ahead of time. You could have said we wouldnt get it at the same time. However instead you let all the console players get their hopes up, only to be dissapointed. I love you guys for making what is literally my favorite game in the last 5 years, but that was a crappy thing to do to your fans. I understand it needs testing, but still. I feel like this could have been handled much better. My server is dead because no one wants to work back up only to have to start over when the mod comes out. just not cool.

3 minutes ago, SHAD0WMASTER23 said:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL IF THE MOD IS OUT YET FOR XBOX.and please clarify what the whole deal with the mod and the update is. seriously ive been waiting for a response for like five hour now 

Did you even read the post? It doesnt come out for a few weeks on XBOX. They delayed it on the day it was supposed to come out.

Guest UNST3RBLICH

Be glad anything is available on Xbox at all. People forget this is still an game in development in the Alpha phase. A game that starts on PC and was intended for PC will always get new content first. It's been this way forever. Also, Annunaki Genesis is not an official part of the game, it's an independent mode. Want Xbone support? Ask the mod developer. 

4 hours ago, UNST3RBLICH said:

Be glad anything is available on Xbox at all. People forget this is still an game in development in the Alpha phase. A game that starts on PC and was intended for PC will always get new content first. It's been this way forever. Also, Annunaki Genesis is not an official part of the game, it's an independent mode. Want Xbone support? Ask the mod developer. 

easy for you to say you have pc. and yes I get that we should be "lucky" that it still comes out for xbox but it still takes SOOOOOOOO long for it to come out on xbox

5 hours ago, UNST3RBLICH said:

This just isn't true most games are developed on pc because small bugs can be game breaking on console and the player's base simply will not tolerate what they consider a broken game! You are in reality testing the game for console gamers!

Get a hit on pc and you get the chance to develop another game, get a hit on console and you're made for life!

I'm fairly sure the game was set for a ps4 exclusive since day one until xbox changed how they assess games in alpha for there game preview program!

2 hours ago, ninjaridz said:

This just isn't true most games are developed on pc because small bugs can be game breaking on console and the player's base simply will not tolerate what they consider a broken game! You are in reality testing the game for console gamers!

Get a hit on pc and you get the chance to develop another game, get a hit on console and you're made for life!

I'm fairly sure the game was set for a ps4 exclusive since day one until xbox changed how they assess games in alpha for there game preview program!

Lol it's funny how many facts you get wrong. Try run it on a PC and when you realize how much of a port the game is on consoles then revisit this comment. Bottom line is consoles are the cash grab for developers mainly because you get an inferior product at a higher price. Ark has been on sale multiple times on PC and currently is free to play for the weekend which it was set along the patch and the dlc release. 

They have to do this on the PC because there are tons of free games/cheap games that compete for this. Those games don't exist on consoles so they are gladly charging a higher price on xbone right now, with a sale ever once in a blue moon. You don't get most of the graphics, mods, dlcs, and the rented servers. You are basically just feeding PC devs so they can continue to offer all that good stuff for us at a lower price. Thank You!

11 hours ago, GiggleSnarf said:

So I'm not the type to have an issue with Ark. In fact I am a huge fan, but we were told the update would release for Xbox on the 28th. We were so excited that we took a vote on my private server that I run and decided to transition over to the Primitive + upon release. In anticipation for this I wiped the server. Literally got rid of hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of work last night. Only to find out it isnt coming for weeks? Like I said, I'm not one to complain, but thats super not cool. You had to have known it wasn't coming ahead of time. You could have said we wouldnt get it at the same time. However instead you let all the console players get their hopes up, only to be dissapointed. I love you guys for making what is literally my favorite game in the last 5 years, but that was a crappy thing to do to your fans. I understand it needs testing, but still. I feel like this could have been handled much better. My server is dead because no one wants to work back up only to have to start over when the mod comes out. just not cool.

It's not really their fault. They tried to have the same release date as PC but they have to jump through more hoops to get it released through Microsoft. We have no way of knowing what kind of problems and when they knew they couldn't release on time. My hunch is they knew recently that they needed to further patch the game, as there was a small update patch for PC but that small update patch for xbox would have taken longer to release, so what they are saying is true, you would have been stuck in limbo until that other fix was released. It's simple, Microsoft certification process complicates it.

14 minutes ago, FrankoFrenik said:

Lol it's funny how many facts you get wrong. Try run it on a PC and when you realize how much of a port the game is on consoles then revisit this comment. Bottom line is consoles are the cash grab for developers mainly because you get an inferior product at a higher price. Ark has been on sale multiple times on PC and currently is free to play for the weekend which it was set along the patch and the dlc release. 

They have to do this on the PC because there are tons of free games/cheap games that compete for this. Those games don't exist on consoles so they are gladly charging a higher price on xbone right now, with a sale ever once in a blue moon. You don't get most of the graphics, mods, dlcs, and the rented servers. You are basically just feeding PC devs so they can continue to offer all that good stuff for us at a lower price. Thank You!

My post was not intended to start a pc vs console thing and now I read my post it offers nothing to the debate! 

The fact remains when it reaches full release the console version will out sell the pc version by such a margin it's not even funny! 

Boop. ....!

• lilpanda pinned and featured this topic
  • lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic