Primitive+, The Center, Allosaurus, Pelagornis, and the Fishing Frenzy Free Weekend!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.579a424c2df6d_TheCenterv2TopoftheW

Now available as a free DLC in the ‘ARK Official Mods Program’, Primitive+, created by Cedric Burkes, is playable as a functionality mod on all Official ARK Maps and challenges players by altering the available tools, weapons and structures in the game to reflect what humans could realistically create using primitive technology and resources. This does not simply remove advanced technology from ARK, but instead replaces it with a multitude of new resources, engrams and systems.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/508150/

Players will need to specialize in specific roles and work together to complete their goals. Hunters, farmers, cooks and builders can band together to create a new, functioning society where diplomacy and even economics can matter. In Primitive Plus, you will not only cope with human society’s limitations, but unlock its potential.

large.579a4245d2a1f_PrimitiveRedwoodVill

As well as the release of Primitive+, this huge patch also covers a large expansion to The Center! The Center,  has now been expanded to include new biomes, islands, caves, and a completely new boss arena for survivors to explore, as well as the addition of a wide variety creatures to tame and be hunted.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/473850/

ARK Patch v245

large.Pelagornoris.jpg.2cd7c8139c69c8da8

large.Dossier_Pelagornis.jpg.3cd275ed8e1

Pelagornis is one of the island's most versatile mounts because of its ability to fly, walk, and surface-swim. It has a wingspan rivaling Argentavis, and possesses a beak filled with tooth-like projections for snagging fish and webbed feet for paddling upon the ocean surface. Though it’s versatility comes at a cost, the same webbed feet that allow Pelagornis to serenely maneuver along the ocean's surface prevent it from snatching prey from the ground, which may limit its appeal to some survivors.

large.Allosaurus.jpg.f7470eeb6422a8be2c6

large.Allosaurus.jpg.c5a120e333f13567652

Allosaurus, smaller but faster than Tyrannosaurus, larger but slower than Carnotaurus, Allosaurus is the island's resident pack-hunting theropod. While most aggressive theropods are relatively solitary creatures, Allosaurus lives in groups of three. One Allosaurus is the Pack Leader, while the others are its mates or a beta male. The Allosaurus has evolved to hunt in packs. Its saw-shaped teeth leave its prey bleeding and maimed, making escape difficult. Once an Allosaurus slows a creature with its cutting bite, the rest of its pack quickly close in for the kill…

large.579a4240e896a_GoneFishin.jpg.9afb5

Additional Update v245 Content Includes

• New Item: Fishing Rod + Fishing Mechanic! Be a pro fisherman as you apply varied bait, cast the line, wait for a fish to become ensnared, and then succeed at a mini-game to reel the fish and claim copious rewards!
  • New Structure: Industrial Grinder that grinds items into a portion of their crafting resources, then converts resources into simpler resources
  • New Structure: Spiral Staircase (Stone/Wood/Metal)
  • New Mechanic: Optional Hitmarkers for ranged attacks (server can toggle them, as well as client if the server allows it)
  • Building Attack/Destruction Tribe Logs
  • UI Option to colorize item name texts based on quality level.
  • Offline Raid Protection mode now disables PIN Locking, and Structures in Caves no longer get ORP.

large.579a423e4c233_FishinontheARK.jpg.d

Steam Free Weekend and Epic 50% Sale!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110

From Thursday through Sunday, July 28-31, 2016, ARK: Survival Evolved is hosting a Free Weekend on Steam where all survivors can invite their friends to start to tame, train, breed and ride Dinosaurs in this open-world action-adventure survival game. ARK: Survival Evolved also is on sale for Steam players at 50% off (retail $29.99) from Thursday through Wednesday, July 28 - August 3, 2016.

Primitive+ release on Xbox One

Don’t worry! Primitive+ will still be releasing on Xbox One - it has not been cancelled, let’s dispel those rumours right now. It is fact coming fairly soon! Though, it is still a couple weeks away. The reason for the delay, outside of regular procedure matters (certification etc), is that we wanted to take a more careful approach with releasing this DLC due to the some of the bumps that we had run into when we initially released our first DLC, The Center onto the Xbox platform. A few of our recent patches have had significant changes which have led to some painful situations which we’re still recovering from in terms of issues that crop up post release. I know it sucks as you guys have been very passionate about playing Primitive+, we’ve seen the support all over social media and we’re truly grateful for it, which is even more reason why we want to do our best to ensure that when the DLC is made available, it does not suffer from those same bumps. We’re going to ensure this by putting it through it’s paces with more vigorous QA, and monitoring the official release on PC for any undetected issues, as well as conduct extra iteration when necessary. We are sorry about the delay, and it won’t be too long, and when it does become available, you’ll be glad we avoided the risk and hopefully we’ll have a smooth, bump, and bruise-free release!

The Summer Cup!

large.summer_cup_logo.png.2da569be68be02

We’re excited to announce that the finals for the Summer Cup will be taking place today!

The top 10 qualifying international teams -- eight from Europe and North America, two from China -- have flown in for the tournament taking place on the expo floor of ChinaJoy 2016. The three one-hour matches will be shoutcasted by popular streamer typeForced and Studio Wildcard Jen starting at 6:30 pm PST, Thursday, July 28, 2016.

All matches will be streamed on the ARK Twitch channel, www.twitch.tv/survivetheark at the following times, with the Award Ceremony immediately following the last match:

Round 1 – 6:30 pm PST, Thursday, July 28

Round 2 – 9:30 pm PST, Thursday, July 28

Round 3 – 11:30 pm PST Thursday, July 28 (ending no later than 3 am PST, Friday, July 29)

Have fun and keep on surviving, 

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team

View full article

I was REALLY hoping we could get primitive plus...ive been waiting for a server that was supposed to open 2day with it... hopefully it comes really soon...I really don't feel like waiting another few weeks like we usually do...completely ruins the "freshness" of it, since pc users will get it, and now like 90% of the people who play on console will go watch that content and ruin it for others who may want to just explore the new feature...

22 minutes ago, Renagade655 said:

I was REALLY hoping we could get primitive plus...ive been waiting for a server that was supposed to open 2day with it... hopefully it comes really soon...I really don't feel like waiting another few weeks like we usually do...completely ruins the "freshness" of it, since pc users will get it, and now like 90% of the people who play on console will go watch that content and ruin it for others who may want to just explore the new feature...

Curious, if this is such a big concern why not get it for PC? I highly recommend it on the PC platform  

Just now, Gweetles said:

Curious, if this is such a big concern why not get it for PC? I highly recommend it on the PC platform  

only reason I don't have PC is I cant afford it. its not cheap, I refuse to get a pc that is cheap enough I can afford yet cant handle half the stuff my console can, if I'm getting a PC I'm doing it right and getting a good one that actually gives me my moneys worth

What does this mean for Xbox primitive servers that already exist?    Will they get the primitive plus update to existing servers in a couple weeks, or will all new primitive plus servers be released.     If current primitive servers aren't just updated with prim plus, then the current primitive servers will all be abandoned...

26 minutes ago, Kenai said:

What does this mean for Xbox primitive servers that already exist?    Will they get the primitive plus update to existing servers in a couple weeks, or will all new primitive plus servers be released.     If current primitive servers aren't just updated with prim plus, then the current primitive servers will all be abandoned...

it has no information about this ....  and many players would like to be informed...

• lilpanda pinned and featured this topic
  • lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic