Converting server

Psychodad75

Hey all. I really like the looks of this and Im wondering how do I convert my private server to this Primitive+? And once I do convert, what changes can I expect? We have had a personal limit of no metal buildings and advanced technology (except whats found in drops). So will we be impacted much? Specifically will the game strip saddles, release tamed dinos, that sort of thing. 

Anyway, thanks in advance for the help. 

I had zero luck converting our server over to primitive+ when it was still just a mod, then even more issues converting our primitive+ mod server to official today.  I had to wipe both times.

I know some people have managed to bring their primitive+ mod server saves over without issue to the new DLC, but I can't imagine it it will work very well if you try to bring a non-primitive+ save over.  I *THINK* all the stuff you placed in game that is part of the base game will stay, even things not allowed in primitive+ as my understanding with how it works is that primitive+ just prevents you from crafting or looting the non-allowed items like metal building parts, etc, but if you already have them in your game then it doesn't mess with it.

I'm only guessing though.  Like I said, when I tried to convert our clans server over to primitive+ a few months ago I ran into all sorts of issues and it just ended up being easier to wipe and use the time to switch maps and what not.

Thanks for the info MndFreeze. Ive been trying to find info on it and so far im seeing Primitive + isnt even working with The Center, which is what we are running. Some say it is, some say not. Kind of early in the release to know whats up I guess.

If anyone else has any info or tips, I would greatly appreciate it lol. 

I was able to get ours to run on the center, but previously we ran the island so a full wipe was in order anyway.  but I can confirm the center DOES work on it.  Depending on your hosting provider you will need to configure things differently.  I use survivalservers and while they have a nice map selection drop down, when you choose a full conversion mod it removes it, so I had to go back to putting raw command line start options on it.

Archived