MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

7 hours ago, DinoDash said:

Another moth? Wait a butterfly? No a firefly? Uhh, flowerfly? I'm confused.

"Look its a moth," says one

"its a butterfly," says another

"no its a firefly," says a passerby

"umm its a flowerfly!" Says a guy in a suit, others look at him strangely

"No, its a Gloriaquasi lumenflospedibussex" yells a man behind the rest of them. all stare incredulously at him,

"A what?" all say in unison.

I saw it and couldn't resist the urge to make superman-quote* pun, my apologies if I cause offence.

*didn't know what to call it exactly

Edited by DaEndGame
Achievement: 200 posts. YAY!

8 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Definitely a very original theory on it, the only thing I have to say on your theory is why the devs would make an entirely new map just for a desert biome? (My apologies if this statement comes smarta**ish, it isn't ment to be)

Below this is my theory on it.

The thing for oil is just another way to get oil, same with the dung beetle as it produces oil as well. 

Also on the note of the amount of dinos getting released with the desert biome, is that the desert biome hasn't officialy been announced (but there's plenty of evidence that it's coming) and therefore no dinos have offically been declared to be releasing with it.  

PS my apologies if I offend you in this argument; if I have do, message me and say so, so that I don't make the mistake in the future.

Nah, you're fine.  I was speculating and yeah, it doesn't make too much sense as you said for there to be a whole new map.  We are just speculating like WC intends.  

7 minutes ago, SparkyTreeCow said:

Nah, you're fine.  I was speculating and yeah, it doesn't make too much sense as you said for there to be a whole new map.  We are just speculating like WC intends.  

Well speculation is great pass time, and yours was quite original. 

A question for all now - where does everyone think desert biome will be?

Personally I reckon it will be in relevance to the obelisk colours and it like snow biome being at blue, the desert will be at red obelisk.

Edited by DaEndGame

20 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

I must wonder, what do you think the chances of the devs actually naming it that or making it part of the name.

Also, slight expansion on the name: Gloriaquasi lumenflospedibussex

Gloriaquasi is laten for butterfly like with the space removed.

Also considering we have a suggested latin name down we could get some suggestions for a common name. 

Here's my suggestions some far for common names:

• Lumen
  • Desert Locust

I doubt it would get that name considering we are all still unsure of what even it is (I think it's a firefly) and we don't even know if the devs read the mysterious mystery comments

But there is a chance considering they named the ape boss Megapithicus after it was suggested by blackfish  

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 3:53 PM, INFCTDxGAMR said:

im one of those.. im not getting the hype like i used to for this one,, the volture or the other one. A mantis? 

idk but im 100% sure im not the only one that dont like the fact that they are adding "modern" creatures 

I feel you, I'm not really getting hype vibes from these mystery dossiers as I got from the more complete dossiers either, mainly because I feel like these are half done and not knowing what it does for sure doesn't help

I was also hoping for some more prehistoric favorites like daeodon and Koolasuchus but if we keep getting "these" dossiers I feel like that might not happen. But don't get me wrong these dossiers are okay but I just wished they gave them a real prehistoric species name eventually, I mean how hard would it be to find a prehistoric firefly on the internet?

By the looks of it it actually excretes something from its legs. The size is rather large considering the man's arm is near the same size as the insect's own appendage. It doesn't seem to have a bioluminescent function like an angler otherwise it might have been shown. If anything it might produce a toxin, an oil, or something between the two?

• 2 weeks later...

Must be some kind of bug... I first thought a butterfly though but then I took a closer look to his actual wings.

Looks closer and you see a small wing and the shield to protect it.

The thing on top could be a water skin and the guy down is the way you tame one.

Possibly the same way as an Ichyosaurus or a Gigantopithicus but it can not be tamed in mid air.

It has to be trapped on the ground to be fed and tamed.

Once tamed you can put water skins on top of this animal... its food possibly drops faster but the chemicals going on while the animal is working with the full water skin makes it glow green.

Once the green glow has turned red I assume you can access its inventory to grab oil from it, for survivors that do not like to get into the ocean for oil.

If I am wrong and the green and red thing are part of the wings making it a butterfly then my best guess is it may not be able to be tamed but instead using Bug repellant you can loot Oil from the red ones if nearby. The green ones could be empty ones not carrying anything at all.

I will ask my friend from Mensa whether she has an idea or not.

What bug it is... I will see for myself when it is added

If I am correct or not, what your opinion is what /how this animal works.

It is all guessing work. So we will see eventually.

------------

My friend's opinion:

SaraTheKitten has changed the room to: [Osa] Cat Tree
LisaNightFury has joined the chat
LisaNightFury: you ok?
SaraTheKitten: Omg Lisa!!! Omg!!! Look how CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Lisa you are adorable here!!! You are baby sitting!!!!
SaraTheKitten: http: //image. prntscr. com /image/bcbbf848cf3340c693349c768c2b7f79 .png
SaraTheKitten: Hehe
LisaNightFury: i am babysitting literally sadly
SaraTheKitten: Yes
SaraTheKitten: I can see that
SaraTheKitten: All cuteness and craziness aside, I need your opinion on what animal something is... and what you would be able to do with it.
LisaNightFury: (Anonymous) is such a dolt
SaraTheKitten: Meow
LisaNightFury: me?
SaraTheKitten: Yes
SaraTheKitten: Since everything is depicted in pictures I assume it should be easily for you to figure out
SaraTheKitten: ^-^
SaraTheKitten: Most (almost /all) people think it is a butterfly.
SaraTheKitten: But I am uncertain
SaraTheKitten: large.questionmark4.jpg.2b418f3c030fa9f7
SaraTheKitten: This is the animal.
LisaNightFury: not sure what it is but it is not a butterfly
SaraTheKitten: I knew it
SaraTheKitten: Wanna hear my guess?
LisaNightFury: sure
SaraTheKitten: Lemme check, Copy + paste is easier, need to keep track of the baby too.
SaraTheKitten: There
SaraTheKitten: I will paste all sentences of my guess.
SaraTheKitten: Must be some kind of bug... I first thought a butterfly though but then I took a closer look to his actual wings.
SaraTheKitten: Looks closer and you see a small wing and the shield to protect it.
SaraTheKitten: The thing on top could be a water skin and the guy down is the way you tame one.
SaraTheKitten: For your information, a water skin ingame is used to keep water inside of it to drink when dehydrated.
SaraTheKitten: Possibly the same way as an Ichyosaurus or a Gigantopithicus but it can not be tamed in mid air.
SaraTheKitten: (Passive taming)
SaraTheKitten: It has to be trapped on the ground to be fed and tamed.
LisaNightFury: no idea
SaraTheKitten: Once tamed you can put water skins on top of this animal... its food possibly drops faster but the chemicals going on while the animal is working with the full water skin makes it glow green.
SaraTheKitten: Once the green glow has turned red I assume you can access its inventory to grab oil from it, for survivors that do not like to get into the ocean for oil.
SaraTheKitten: (Oil is mainly gathered from diving in the ocean)
SaraTheKitten: (Passive taming is taming without knocking the animal outside or sometimes even touching it)
SaraTheKitten: If I am wrong and the green and red thing are part of the wings making it a butterfly then my best guess is it may not be able to be tamed but instead using Bug repellant you can loot Oil from the red ones if nearby. The green ones could be empty ones not carrying anything at all.
SaraTheKitten: I told them I would ask you, if you think that my guess might be an accurate one.
SaraTheKitten: (Plausible)
SaraTheKitten: My mistake
LisaNightFury: could be
LisaNightFury: i sure don't thinks it's a butterfly
LisaNightFury: or of course a moth
SaraTheKitten: There's another Mystery file that does resemble a moth.
LisaNightFury: ok?
SaraTheKitten:
SaraTheKitten: I do not think it is a Butterfly either, but it certainly is an insect (Pic. 1)
SaraTheKitten: The Moth on the other hand is a guess for another time I assume.
SaraTheKitten: Seems an agressive creature.
SaraTheKitten: Fine if I post that piece of chat there without changing your name to "Anonymous" or would you like to prefer to maintain hidden from ARK forum? /Meow
LisaNightFury: it reminds me of something that buzzed me a few weeks ago

(Knowing her if she doesn't say no, she doesn't mind)

Edited by Marilyn

28 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Wiki said that it could be a honeypot ant, which is actually a pretty cool idea. Even though these look more like butterflies, they may be Honeypot Butterflies. (Butterpot files?)

Interesting Idea and Name. 

BTW, you wouldn't have some jelly doughnuts too share would you?

On 26 July 2016 at 8:01 PM, DaEndGame said:

I don't think it's a butterfly. look at the size of the wings they're quite small and have the wing shell. also hiw would it fly the wings are so small it could only fly when the liquid sacks (yes I know what an original name) are empty.

Also I reckon this is another hint at a desert biome, after all one has water in its liquid sack, so if it spawns in the desert biome it would be a water source. 

I think that the one that produces oil actually produces an oil like secretion that it uses for sustanence. It shares this sustanence with the blue/green one that produces water and it shares its water with the red one. Considering this sharing of sustance you probably find them in mate pairs on a regular basis and that they can't survive long without a mate.

It is very obvious that its gender difference is told by its colour and what it produces. Considering Males supposedly has brighter colours and are typically vibrant I would say blue/green is the male and the red is female. 

Like @Shadlos said you really hit the nail on the head and gave a great analysis of the subject. 

But now for the big question: what is it called? What shall we dub it until we know the real name? 

On 26 July 2016 at 10:54 AM, Scorpio said:

So I'm going to go ahead and take a guess and say that the green one produces water because there's a arrow pointing to the water container and I'm guessing the red one produces oil because of the oil barrel pointing to it

I'm also going to guess that they are tameable because it looks like the guy is milking ones legs? And its back pouch?

Or that you hunt them because of the guy pouring something out of the pouch thing that was on the butterfly/lightning bugs back

It also seems relatively big judging by the picture and I also think that the male might be red and the female may be green

It's also possible that they collect water and oil or produce it or maybe both

Alright, here is my meager excuse for an analysis, as well as @Scorpio's. Me, him and a couple of others that I can't remember the name of atm, usually debate these MM's in great length. The quote from him is meant to be in my analysis but i find it a pain in the rear to insert a quote inside a quote. Quote-ception doesn't agree with me.

5 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Alright, here is my meager excuse for an analysis, as well as @Scorpio's. Me, him and a couple of others that I can't remember the name of atm, usually debate these MM's in great length. The quote from him is meant to be in my analysis but i find it a pain in the rear to insert a quote inside a quote. Quote-ception doesn't agree with me.

Yeah, it seems we all have a pretty similar grasp and idea of the creature

4 hours ago, Marilyn said:

@DaEndGame

Sure, would like to know what it is yes. Certainly a bug, no questioning that, but which kind, idk.

I hope i am right with the rest of my guess though (oil, water skin)

Well if one things for certain, the bulbous sack on its back is some kind of organic container. Bulbasaur in insect form anyone?

Perhaps you could join us in debating the next MM, when it comes around. Hopefully no more insects...

Edited by DaEndGame