MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

I don't think it's a butterfly. look at the size of the wings they're quite small and have the wing shell. also hiw would it fly the wings are so small it could only fly when the liquid sacks (yes I know what an original name) are empty.

Also I reckon this is another hint at a desert biome, after all one has water in its liquid sack, so if it spawns in the desert biome it would be a water source. 

I think that the one that produces oil actually produces an oil like secretion that it uses for sustanence. It shares this sustanence with the blue/green one that produces water and it shares its water with the red one. Considering this sharing of sustance you probably find them in mate pairs on a regular basis and that they can't survive long without a mate.

It is very obvious that its gender difference is told by its colour and what it produces. Considering Males supposedly has brighter colours and are typically vibrant I would say blue/green is the male and the red is female. 

9 hours ago, Scorpio said:

So I'm going to go ahead and take a guess and say that the green one produces water because there's a arrow pointing to the water container and I'm guessing the red one produces oil because of the oil barrel pointing to it

I'm also going to guess that they are tameable because it looks like the guy is milking ones legs? And its back pouch?

Or that you hunt them because of the guy pouring something out of the pouch thing that was on the butterfly/lightning bugs back

It also seems relatively big judging by the picture and I also think that the male might be red and the female may be green

It's also possible that they collect water and oil or produce it or maybe both

Like @Shadlos said you really hit the nail on the head and gave a great analysis of the subject. 

But now for the big question: what is it called? What shall we dub it until we know the real name? 

Edited by DaEndGame

Just now, Astree said:

Butterfly with oil instead of butter ? Oilfly maybe :-)

On that note, please do tell where on earth butterfly's got their name, in what universe do they have anything to do with butter!?

(thats rhetorical, don't answer that as it clearly has something to do with butter, hence the name butterfly) 

3 minutes ago, moimeme15 said:

a firefly? and, as my official running gag: WHERE ARE THE BEES? like, it's one of the only reason why we still exist, because of pollination.

In primitive plus thats where. 

In a serious answer to your question, we may see them in the next MM, as its is entirely possible that the next one is going to be some form of bee.

Thats one big frigging butterfly if he's flying on it.

AN seriously whats with all the damn insects lately we got enough with the bloody ant an dragonfly we dont need no more what i need is for the damn titansaur to frigging spawn i've still not seen one and i've started my game 4 times leveled up an wiped out every dino that wasnt a titansaur and still it aint spawned in my single player game im starting to think wildcard are trolling me.

In other none topic news i finaly found the way to the center of the center i wish someone could of told me that 1 way is down a pit you could easy fall down which i did luckily though my rex had enough health to survive the drop but not the on going attack by about 10 spiders 12 scorps 6 boas and 4 centipedes and that was just the start of the nightmare i must of seen over a thousand of each as i made my way along the winding path to the end and the center mind you by the time i got there i had tamed and lost about 30 scorps if not more but now i know how to get there im taking a flyer next time and ill prop build a base in that first part where you fall down an possibly build a tower up so i can get in an out without a flyer.

3 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Perhaps lumenflospedibussex.

It's the latin words for six legged torch flower without any spaces in between. 

It has six legs right? I can't tell myself! Please do correct me if I'm wrong so that I can correct it.

Edited: Lumen for short?

That's actually the perfect name and it fits it's design

4 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

On that note, please do tell where on earth butterfly's got their name, in what universe do they have anything to do with butter!?

(thats rhetorical, don't answer that as it clearly has something to do with butter, hence the name butterfly) 

X D  

6 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

Thats one big frigging butterfly if he's flying on it.

AN seriously whats with all the damn insects lately we got enough with the bloody ant an dragonfly we dont need no more what i need is for the damn titansaur to frigging spawn i've still not seen one and i've started my game 4 times leveled up an wiped out every dino that wasnt a titansaur and still it aint spawned in my single player game im starting to think wildcard are trolling me.

In other none topic news i finaly found the way to the center of the center i wish someone could of told me that 1 way is down a pit you could easy fall down which i did luckily though my rex had enough health to survive the drop but not the on going attack by about 10 spiders 12 scorps 6 boas and 4 centipedes and that was just the start of the nightmare i must of seen over a thousand of each as i made my way along the winding path to the end and the center mind you by the time i got there i had tamed and lost about 30 scorps if not more but now i know how to get there im taking a flyer next time and ill prop build a base in that first part where you fall down an possibly build a tower up so i can get in an out without a flyer.

Well in real life invertebrates are the most numerous animals so it makes sense

I think this is all pointing to a new map.  If I am correct, all of the dossiers point to creatures that could sustain you in a desert.  If it were a new biome on a current map, you would just fly to another biome to get oil.  Why are we getting a new flyer, that is desert themed?  No other biome has had so many new dinos get released with it, and so much hype for it.  This is why I think it is a new desert map.

What if the Desert Biome is /under/ the map. After all, they can't really expand it north, south, east, or west, up is kinda corny, why not down? Perhaps you might get there through the existing caves? Or through the upcoming Tek Cave, maybe it's an underground Biosphere or Insect Terrarium? An experiment zone for ARK's Creators... which is why there are so many highly evolved insects concentrated there? Or perhaps it is a sort of Underworld ala The Center of the Earth Novel/The Center Map?

Ahh, possibilities... <3

19 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Same these are starting to get repetitive 

I think the reason the devs are doing these is so they don't get any backlash from people that only like prehistoric animals and so they can change anything about an animal before it's release without community backlash saying that's not what the dossier said

im one of those.. im not getting the hype like i used to for this one,, the volture or the other one. A mantis? 

idk but im 100% sure im not the only one that dont like the fact that they are adding "modern" creatures 

15 hours ago, Scorpio said:

That's actually the perfect name and it fits it's design

X D  

I must wonder, what do you think the chances of the devs actually naming it that or making it part of the name.

Also, slight expansion on the name: Gloriaquasi lumenflospedibussex

Gloriaquasi is laten for butterfly like with the space removed.

Also considering we have a suggested latin name down we could get some suggestions for a common name. 

Here's my suggestions some far for common names:

• Lumen
  • Desert Locust

Hmmmmmm... Maybe this is the Lepidoptera from the Triasic/Jurassic period from around 190 million years ago... It is both a moth & a butterfly. They feed on leaves & fungi...They are mostly friendly, if you dont provoke them. They live in the forests of Ark. It is thought that you can send them out to harvest various pollens, nectar & flowers beneficial to the tribe & its creatures...It is also very nutritious to eat... That is what I think & hope it is...  

On 26 July 2016 at 6:07 PM, KingOfBronzodia said:

it is a butterfly with grasshoper's feet ?? or it is actually a grassohoper with open wings...?

If you look closely it doesn't actually have butterfly wings, it has small locust-esc wings. But the back legs definitely look very similar to a grasshoppers.

PS I'm a bit of a grammer freak and I have to say that the It and Is at the start of your post are around the wrong way, it currently sounds like a statement not question. My apologies for correcting you on it. 

14 hours ago, SparkyTreeCow said:

I think this is all pointing to a new map.  If I am correct, all of the dossiers point to creatures that could sustain you in a desert.  If it were a new biome on a current map, you would just fly to another biome to get oil.  Why are we getting a new flyer, that is desert themed?  No other biome has had so many new dinos get released with it, and so much hype for it.  This is why I think it is a new desert map.

Definitely a very original theory on it, the only thing I have to say on your theory is why the devs would make an entirely new map just for a desert biome? (My apologies if this statement comes smarta**ish, it isn't ment to be)

Below this is my theory on it.

The thing for oil is just another way to get oil, same with the dung beetle as it produces oil as well. 

Also on the note of the amount of dinos getting released with the desert biome, is that the desert biome hasn't officialy been announced (but there's plenty of evidence that it's coming) and therefore no dinos have offically been declared to be releasing with it.  

PS my apologies if I offend you in this argument; if I have do, message me and say so, so that I don't make the mistake in the future.