Summer Cup, SotF, Community Crunch 57 & Primitive Plus Dev Blog

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors,

Welcome to your latest edition of the Community Crunch and ARK Digest!

Summer Cup and Survival of the Fittest!

large.summer_cup_logo.png.2da569be68be02

In a little over a week from now we'll be hosting the Summer Cup Season 1 Finals live from Shanghai ChinaJoy. The teams are currently practising and getting ready to travel to Shanghai later this week to compete in an epic series! Later this week be announcing where you can tune into the games and at what time to support your favourite tribe's conquest for the Summer Cup.  

For those of you who haven't been keeping up and would like a chance to watch the Semi Final games from earlier this month, check out our previous announcement which covers the finalists and their journey to Shanghai:

large.sotf_background.png.0383c71bafc4ef

And in addition to that, we’ve still got some major updates to come regarding SotF and its development which we will let you know more about in the near future so stay tuned for extra details!

ARK Digest!

Hey guys, 

There won't be a Digest this week! I know, boo! Sorry, we've just been hard at work on the upcoming patch so the the Digest will be making it's reappearance next week :).

Community Contests!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

The ARKitect for Community Crunch 57 is…

TwitchRP - Public Library - ARK: Survival Evolved by eco

Congratulations eco! Looks like an awesome place to hang out :)

and we'd also like to give a special shout-out to Wolf Angelus for their awesome build! 

Reign of Vlad Tepes

ARKVideo!

This contest is open for all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children! 

The ARKVideo winner for Community Crunch 57 is…

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS NEW POTION I FOUND! - Ark: Survival Evolved Cinematic by nakedzombo

That’s it for this week’s entries guys! Thank you to all those who entered and congratulations to all our winners and if you’d like to take a look at what all the survivors submitted, you can do so here:

Fan Feature!

Beware the Sl1pg8r by Green Man Cartoons ft sl1pg8r

Massive Gladiator Battle by ThickFreedom!

RANGER CHRONICLES #14 - ARBORIA (Chapter 2 Intro) by ranger1presents

ARK: Survival Evolved [MODDED] | Ep5 | THE GEORGIAN MINISTRY OF HIGHWAYS SHOWCASE by Squidge Meister

Parkemon by Valoule

KITING A TITANOSAUR TO SEA FAIL! :: How NOT to Drown a Titano :: Ep. 42 :: Ark: Survival Evolved by UniteTheClans

Building Vertical EP1 - Ark Treehouse Basics by Firespark81

Vastatosaurus Rex by  Meiolania

2B88562C5FEB1212D8BE275D9C7CE6E364B4B825

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727759144

Lego Battle Trike by c-rex0129 

5F345CCDD36C7174E4A6FADE58ACAFDF70A02369

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725744507

Pokemon Pidgeot by Sharkcat

504364F2E5E9C6654BA1380DA404B0788219DFF4

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729324090

Fanmade Dossier: Irritator by Tasfariel

5790d186658e9_irritatorSauronix.jpg.48a9

Fanmade Dossier: Edmontosaurus by Mega

19EFDBB31038C4991034297E67AC3FD6B707EB07

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725321268

Fanmade Dossier: Baggi & Great Baggi by Mega

8807E6B34C77F082AD8481B0E19E1E10C741286A

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726426419

Fanmade Dossier: Acanthostega by Mega

6AF92FCB266EC55C88F8F24923710F27E93AB626

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726956742

Fanmade Dossier: Shogun Ceanataur by Shadlos

1F6ADDD2556FD2109EEBF8153A79197AFDA3BB58

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727796349

Fanmade Dossier: Ostafrikasaurus by Shadlos

CFE640932CD04AEA0CB0797162DC85C6FE4010D4

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727841811

Fanmade Dossier: Fatalis by Mega

21EC85D805E029AAF8A51FB0D68C80318F654C5E

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727385515

Fanmade Dossier: Leaellynasaura by Mega

EFC49166154B5DD7DC0233A1E5633B092B468E9B

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=726014368

Fanmade Dossier: Meolania by jugglebird

80D3237C4D7ACD12E2349DC7EED36338589731AD

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725171763

Fanmade Dossier: Confuciusornis by [ESA] Parrotmarauder327

61A8EC25B7F9AF7400DD0DFD433DCF80B3F8992B

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725274275

Primitive+ Developers Blog!

Hey fellow survivors!

We are getting close to the official launch of Primitive+ and I thought it would be a good time to go over what Primitive+ is and what you can expect to find in it.  The total conversion won’t be much of a change for those who already survive primitively, but for those who are used to more modern things like electricity will be in for quite a change!  Everyone’s vision of what ‘primitive’ is can differ.  Because of this, it’s probably best to say that primitive in this case means no electricity.  While Primitive+ is primitive in nature, it’s not like ‘stone age’ primitive.  The premise of the mod is “What would ARK look like if we took our current knowledge and the resources provided to try and survive”.  While things like electricity and AC might not be realistic in this scenario, it doesn’t mean that you can’t have some luxuries while surviving in the primitive lifestyle.

large.windmill.jpg.4efc5d75a9064f184c1d7

Primitive+ takes away modern conveniences and leaves you to survive the way that many people did for years, and still live to this day.  There is no electric or anything that might require electric (AC, Fabricator, etc).  Although some of those modern conveniences are gone, I’ve given you a lot more content to fulfill your adventures on the island.  You will find that most of the content fits nicely with roleplaying or PVE experiences.  For those that prefer PVP, there’s content in there for you too!  For PVP’ers I’ve added more weapons and different ways of raiding bases and fulfilling your PVP desires.  You might find that the barrel of gunpowder has some detrimental effects and is highly temperamental.  Maybe you prefer to take a battleaxe into your fight.  Maybe you prefer ranged damage and opt for the longbow, musket, or flintlock pistol.  No matter how you choose to engage your foes, there should be an option for you in Primitive+.

large.plants.jpg.24b1a027f02da612be31006

In addition to the PVP content that’s been added, there’s tons of contents for those who want to simply enjoy their time on the island and make the best of it.  You might prefer to be a master chef with the different consumables and crops that Primitive+ has to offer.  If that doesn’t suit your play-style, you might prefer to become a merchant and set up a market with market stalls for trading.  The goal of Primitive+ will always be to expand upon the content that ARK already provides so you will find that Primitive+ isn’t a lot different than the core game.  It diversifies the core resources to allow for a more immersive and personable experience.  I mean who doesn’t want to send mail to friends using the in-game mailing system in Primitive+!?  You could even invite them over for dinner and cook a meal.

large.boat.jpg.797c86c087bee0683c63eda37

There are dozens of new resources to collect including an additional 11 crop seeds that you will be able to plant and grow.  Primitive + adds 230 different items that are not in the core game which includes 3 new building tiers (lumber, cement/brick, and adobe).  Since metal structures are not a thing in Primitive+, cement and brick offer the highest line of defense against raiders.

large.musket.jpg.e55740e311479b3bec630cd

There are certain things that didn’t make the cut for the initial release that I plan on expanding upon in further updates.  Primitive+ will receive future updates and content as the core game matures and adds more features.  I hope you are excited for the future of Primitive+, because this is just the beginning!!!!!

large.fishingbasket.jpg.5a1c9abe5fe59f47

A special thanks for all the testers that have been helping me get this squeaky clean before release.  That’s not to say there won’t be some minor issues, but nothing game-breaking.  Get ready to live off the land!

- Ced

---

That’s it for this week’s post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on Twitter at @survivetheark - Facebook at www.facebook.com/survivetheark and Reddit at www.reddit.com/r/playark

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival Evolved Team!

View full article

Congratulations to eco, Wolf, and Nakedzombo!  Nicely done and well deserved all.

All of the new content Cedric made for Primitive + looks amazing.  While I don't think the primitive lifestyle would work well for my projects in the foreseeable future, I'm dying to get my hands on many of the new items it contains.

So I'm casting a yearning eye in the direction of our modding community.  Ranger needs to be able to build in Adobe and plant wheat (or at least "look" like I planted wheat) in the near future.

26 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Congratulations to eco, Wolf, and Nakedzombo!  Nicely done and well deserved all.

All of the new content Cedric made for Primitive + looks amazing.  While I don't think the primitive lifestyle would work well for my projects in the foreseeable future, I'm dying to get my hands on many of the new items it contains.

So I'm casting a yearning eye in the direction of our modding community.  Ranger needs to be able to build in Adobe and plant wheat (or at least "look" like I planted wheat) in the near future.

Wheat you say? Sounds fun

^ ^ i hope my Irritator is good enough , i like the spinoaurus and many people hate the new 4 legged spinosaurus. Than i have make a Spinosauruid for these people "Irritator". The irritator Walk on 2 legs and have a Sail on his back  .  Yes the Irritator is not so big like an Spinosaurus but thats no matter i think.

• lilpanda pinned and featured this topic
9 hours ago, nakedzombo said:

You're wrong. I love both the crunch and digest. They both keep the community involved.

I too like the crunches, but I'd like to see what was going to happen for the future of the game in digests.

9 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

I agree. It's annoying when others feel they should speak on behalf of other people!

I wasn't trying to speak for others, hence why I said "think"

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DahDerpasaur said:

I too like the crunches, but I'd like to see what was going to happen for the future of the game in digests.

I wasn't trying to speak for others, hence why I said "think"

The thing is all you needed to do was say you would rather have a digest. Why say what you think others would want when you don't know what they want? What is important is what you want.

It's better to have had the Crunch and no Digest than not have anything at all. It's just unfortunate that Jeremy wasn't available for this weeks digest.

1 hour ago, GamerPerfection said:

The thing is all you needed to do was say you would rather have a digest. Why say what you think others would want when you don't know what they want? What is important is what you want.

It's better to have had the Crunch and no Digest than not have anything at all. It's just unfortunate that Jeremy wasn't available for this weeks digest.

I guess that's true.

I never said that I hated the cruch, it's just that I like Digests more.

Well, I had hopes that I would at least place this time around, but I think that perhaps doing a parody of the Jonny Quest intro ARK style might pre-date a lot of my viewers... and possibly a fair few members of the community team.  LOL!

Or perhaps using a version of the actual theme from the show made them a bit nervous.

Or (and this is perhaps more likely) I missed the comedy/nostalgia mark that I was trying to hit entirely.

Either way I can't fault their final choice in the slightest, it was extremely well done.

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic