When you're solo on a pvp server and have everything..

MagicXG

okay,, it a survival game, multi player.. and player VERSUS player....

you do understand the concept of what VERSUS means, right?  Its means that players play AGAINST each other.... so it is survival of the fittest... which means the strong are GOING to prey on the weak. single players are obviously going to be weaker than a tribe of players... so if you CHOOSE to be solo... you CHOOSE to be a target....

mind you, i am a solo player myself who playes on public survers.. ive been wiped MANY MANY times by large tribes with resources to thrash my plants, tank my turrets and blow through layers of metal walls...   but i EXPECT it when i decide to play solo so i dont CRY when it EVENTUALLY happens...  i lay low for a while.. stockpile resources in hidden caches then launch a new base and see how long i can make a go at it again.

If thats not the game you want to play.. dont.  get off public servers as a soloist...  play someones dedicated, or host your own non dedicated. 

otherwise your just crying because your trying to play a TEAM orriented game by yourself,... its not everyone elses fault if your anti social like myself..

lol

3 hours ago, triss said:

okay,, it a survival game, multi player.. and player VERSUS player....

you do understand the concept of what VERSUS means, right?  Its means that players play AGAINST each other.... so it is survival of the fittest... which means the strong are GOING to prey on the weak. single players are obviously going to be weaker than a tribe of players... so if you CHOOSE to be solo... you CHOOSE to be a target....

mind you, i am a solo player myself who playes on public survers.. ive been wiped MANY MANY times by large tribes with resources to thrash my plants, tank my turrets and blow through layers of metal walls...   but i EXPECT it when i decide to play solo so i dont CRY when it EVENTUALLY happens...  i lay low for a while.. stockpile resources in hidden caches then launch a new base and see how long i can make a go at it again.

If thats not the game you want to play.. dont.  get off public servers as a soloist...  play someones dedicated, or host your own non dedicated. 

otherwise your just crying because your trying to play a TEAM orriented game by yourself,... its not everyone elses fault if your anti social like myself..

lol

You know you can post a reply to a player without being rude.

next time build vaults or storage boxes, place them in out of the way places(like just off shore in the kelp maybe mark the approximate location on shore with a campfire or some other inconspicuous item) or where many don't like to venture, stockpile each with finished base supplies/weapons ammo. then hope people don't find them and next time its not such a chore to rebuild or exact your revenge. you would always have some fall back. so you build 100 to complete your base, for example, build another 100 and put it away. you may as well its what you have been doing already for the last hour or day anyway.

I enjoy playing solo on a PvP server. I don't build a big base, or collect a lot of Dinos. I build a small base in an out of the way part of the map. Then its all hit and run, guerrilla tactics on the players I find! Traps, Tranq and rob, Sniping, all kinds of fun activities! 

I get wiped all the time, but I never have much to lose anyway! Its a lot of fun! 

7 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

But now, you have nothing. You are free now. No dinos to feed, no eggs to collect, no generators to fill up or plants to refertilize.

Maintenence of a large tribe is a real pain in the you-know-what, so I fully agree with her statement. Add to that trying to be a hospitable Alpha that likes to do trades or deal with problematic tribes - especially growing problematic tribes, it's annoying and just feels monotonous.

My advice, cut your losses, find a new tribe to play with on a new server and reserve judgement as to whether or not you trust them - because they may not trust you. Or do what I do - start up a private server & have fun with command codes, Dragons & over-powered creatures and actually have fun with the game, and not make it feel like boring work.

It's possible to hold your own solo. You just got to have the right tactics and use dinosaurs less/as distractions. But you also got to keep in mind that when you go up against a tribe you go up against a TEAM. If there's more of them then of course they have the advantage by default. What did you expect? That's not BS it's just common sense.

Archived