Survival of the Fittest on PS4

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys,

As many of you saw from the Sony Blog, we are indeed delaying Survival of the Fittest for console in order to focus our efforts on upcoming Survival Evolved and PC SotF development. We will have a more detailed update on the status of the SotF projects shortly as well, and you can expect to see that later this month. We apologise about the delay, and appreciate & thank you for your patience regarding SotF. :). The upcoming announcement will clear up a lot more. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/

All the best,

Wildcard Jat

• 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys,

As many of you saw from the Sony Blog, we are indeed delaying Survival of the Fittest for console in order to focus our efforts on upcoming Survival Evolved and PC SotF development. We will have a more detailed update on the status of the SotF projects shortly as well, and you can expect to see that later this month. We apologise about the delay, and appreciate & thank you for your patience regarding SotF. :). The upcoming announcement will clear up a lot more. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/

All the best,

Wildcard Jat

Are there still plans on bringing this to console?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 2:35 AM, invincibleqc said:

If this is true then why did Doug Kennedy CEO of Wildcard speak in this interview as if to say they plan on relaunching SOTF but just doing it right with the right resources next time? Mixed messages are annoying. Is it DEAD or are there plans to relaunch and do it right?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sotf on console should be looked into. Battle Royale games are having a big hit across all platforms. I love ark official dont get me wrong. But ever since July of 2016 when i first started watching PC streams (Davnell, Residualion, Sterdekie, Icebox) of Sotf I have sought after playing this game. You are doing expansions and bug glitches on the main game and fixing problems there i understand that is a high up item on your list due to popularity. However development on sotf  was began on console due to sony not allowing (early access games). You wanted to do something nice for the ps4 community and get us in on some of the Ark playstyle action and I had much respect for that. Coming up on 2 years later I am still intrigued to play sotf. You had to have some sort of development in process or you mislead us to keep us on the ropes. Sotf is not dead. Maybe to PC players but there is still a very large community on consoles that would tackle Sotf. Jat himself even told me once in Davnell's stream whilst playing Sotf that he knows console would have a big hit with Sotf. Also again I and many others would even go as far as paying a small DLC price to play it im sure. So its not like development on it would be a lost cause. You had it in the works and it couldnt be to far out from a possibility. And I also realize this probably wont even be read considering everyone claims it to be dead but relevant to the community many would still play whether you say its dead or not. Who knows though. Maybe if I continue to pester long enough it will work. Maybe this will be read and for once prayers would be answered. Maybe there is someway we could get a game.ini file for console that we could start our on Sotf lobbies. Or if there was a way we could mod our on servers to adapt to Sotf games. I dont fully know how it works but I damn sure would tackle it if I knew how. With kindest respect I just have to throw this out there and I will continue to post about until more and more regardless until it is answered or development is picked back up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, Yologaming said:

Sotf on console should be looked into. Battle Royale games are having a big hit across all platforms. I love ark official dont get me wrong. But ever since July of 2016 when i first started watching PC streams (Davnell, Residualion, Sterdekie, Icebox) of Sotf I have sought after playing this game. You are doing expansions and bug glitches on the main game and fixing problems there i understand that is a high up item on your list due to popularity. However development on sotf  was began on console due to sony not allowing (early access games). You wanted to do something nice for the ps4 community and get us in on some of the Ark playstyle action and I had much respect for that. Coming up on 2 years later I am still intrigued to play sotf. You had to have some sort of development in process or you mislead us to keep us on the ropes. Sotf is not dead. Maybe to PC players but there is still a very large community on consoles that would tackle Sotf. Jat himself even told me once in Davnell's stream whilst playing Sotf that he knows console would have a big hit with Sotf. Also again I and many others would even go as far as paying a small DLC price to play it im sure. So its not like development on it would be a lost cause. You had it in the works and it couldnt be to far out from a possibility. And I also realize this probably wont even be read considering everyone claims it to be dead but relevant to the community many would still play whether you say its dead or not. Who knows though. Maybe if I continue to pester long enough it will work. Maybe this will be read and for once prayers would be answered. Maybe there is someway we could get a game.ini file for console that we could start our on Sotf lobbies. Or if there was a way we could mod our on servers to adapt to Sotf games. I dont fully know how it works but I damn sure would tackle it if I knew how. With kindest respect I just have to throw this out there and I will continue to post about until more and more regardless until it is answered or development is picked back up. 

I would love to see SOFT brought back I feel like developing it is a lot of work for the developers and they feel there efforts are better put into other things so I don’t think it’s gonna happen any time soon?

On 5/13/2018 at 5:16 PM, TheGamingScientists said:

I would love to see SOFT brought back I feel like developing it is a lot of work for the developers and they feel there efforts are better put into other things so I don’t think it’s gonna happen any time soon?

Yeah I am pretty sure they wont pick it up but I still like to dream big :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived