MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jen

I hope at some point there will be a pause on upcoming content and the focus will be ensuring that the game's performance across all platforms is above optimal. Refine the mechanics of everything that seems problematic, maybe change a few things around to see how they function a different way. Once everything is like clock work, resume adding more content.

9 hours ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

I hope at some point there will be a pause on upcoming content and the focus will be ensuring that the game's performance across all platforms is above optimal. Refine the mechanics of everything that seems problematic, maybe change a few things around to see how they function a different way. Once everything is like clock work, resume adding more content.

1. They've said on quite a few occasion's that this will happen once they've got all the content out that they have planned, then they will refine the game.

2. There's almost no point until they've gotten out all the planned content, as the implementation of some more content after opimisation could render all their hard work a waste of time. 

The optimisation will come, but until then we're going to have to have those times when we rage quit due to lag or some bug or crack our sides laughing at the quirky effects of some hillariously funny game breaking (in the good way) bug. 

On 21 July 2016 at 10:56 PM, UDGxKnight said:

I don't understand why when someone replies to something just stating obvious things it is immediately hostile. Was I text yelling? No. Was I being rude? No. Was I just making neutral statements? Yes. I apologize if you take it that way, but there should be some pretty obvious signs of someone being rude and someone just saying their point. Once again, good for you if that is what you actually do, but telling me or anyone else on the internet about it doesn't mean anything cuz to us you are just some random child or adult that just wants to make their opinion sound better, which is why you should avoid doing it and just state your opinion. Nobody cares if you do this or that for whoever, or how many hours you have put into this game or any other. We just want your opinion and thats it and if someone disagrees then they are welcome to rebuttal but in a reasonable manner where there isn't name calling or belittling their ideas, just constructive criticism. Now also once again, They have separate teams coming up with ideas for the game and one working on fixes for the game (at least that is the assumption based on how other companies do things) and we are currently in a stage of game development where they want to add content and only polish the game breaking things that keep people from playing like crashes and exploitable bugs, which unfortunately the Dino disappearing though annoying is not game breaking.As I have explained elsewhere and as a "game tester" you should now that adding content breaks something always so why bother trying to fix every little thing if you plan on adding loads and loads of new content. After all the content gets added we will get nothing but straight polish to prepare the game for release which should  handle a lot of the issues if not all. At least that is what I figure will happen cuz it sounds the smartest.

That all being said, keep up the good work WC we are all rooting for you to finish this game and it top all the play charts (Hopefully beat out all these other first person shooters that are too popular)

1. The chance's of Ark out ranking all the FPS's is highly unlikely as the majority of video game player's are FPS player's unlike us who are sandboxers/survivalist's. (Although I've been rotting for the same thing for awhile)

2. I've leant the hard way that people unintentionally take post's to be aggresive even in miniscule amounts. 

3. I've also learn't the hard way that it is no easy task to convey tone in a text/post.

4. Good on you and SurvivorEvolved for apologising to each other in later post's, I seldom see people do so, apart from myself and am happy to know I'm not an ugly duckling/odd duck out.

On 21 July 2016 at 10:03 PM, Deadpool00012 said:

Im gone for 10 days, with no wifi in the Canadian wilderness, and I come back and THIS is here? Not sure which is scarier, get brutally murdered by a Mantid or getting gassed by a giant moth?

Would you rather be gone 10 days and come back and they're actually in the game.

Also, I personally think the Mantid is scarier as it has four ticks for intelligence. Then again, moths are attracted to light...

18 hours ago, Columboss said:

Oh god, that thing looks like a Mantis from hell. I swear you guys make cave-diving a routine in thought management. EVERYTHING wants to kill me.

I couldn't agree more with you, caves are typically my AVOID AT ALL COST zones. And is it just me or do a metric poop ton of creepy crawlies sapwn in caves. It's like you walk in and BAM!!! An army of bugs and snake suddenly render around and you die within the next five sectors.

Would be somewhat nice if the only method of taming one of these was to hatch it from a fertilized egg (especially if its an end game creature) either looted from the corpse of a wild one or a potential new resource, mantis egg sac could spawn similar to a beaver dam if these have semi fixed habitats. Something beyond the usual bug spray and feed meat/gel/poop or rendering the thing comatose with tranquilizers. 

Either way, always thought mantis were cool from a young age so keen to see this thing in game.

9 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Would you rather be gone 10 days and come back and they're actually in the game.

Also, I personally think the Mantid is scarier as it has four ticks for intelligence. Then again, moths are attracted to light...

Yeah I agree about the Mantid, I can't wait to tame it, and the dossier is real interesting. It has a check and an x over the tame icon. Wonder what that means?

2 hours ago, Deadpool00012 said:

Yeah I agree about the Mantid, I can't wait to tame it, and the dossier is real interesting. It has a check and an x over the tame icon. Wonder what that means?

The check and x over the tameability icon means it tamed in some weird way. There are only two other's with it as far as i recall: everyones favourite dinosaur genius, the troodon and everyones favourite mountain of a sauropod that we all know and love, the titanosaur.

13 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

I couldn't agree more with you, caves are typically my AVOID AT ALL COST zones. And is it just me or do a metric poop ton of creepy crawlies sapwn in caves. It's like you walk in and BAM!!! An army of bugs and snake suddenly render around and you die within the next five sectors.

I actually had a mini-panic attack on The Center. it lasted for like 5 seconds and it was because I had found the underground sun and I went through a crawl hole where my bird couldn't fit...worst mistake because a ton of spiders/snakes/scorpions etc.. explode behind me blocking me from the crawl hole. I had to lure them away and take a few hits but I got TF out of there right after. GOOD TIMES lol

1 hour ago, Columboss said:

I actually had a mini-panic attack on The Center. it lasted for like 5 seconds and it was because I had found the underground sun and I went through a crawl hole where my bird couldn't fit...worst mistake because a ton of spiders/snakes/scorpions etc.. explode behind me blocking me from the crawl hole. I had to lure them away and take a few hits but I got TF out of there right after. GOOD TIMES lol

Ah, back in the good ole days when we had no idea that the underworld existed and when we always forgot them caves took forever to render in. 

Now though in near future we'll have an overgrown moth and the mother of all mantids to watch out for.

3 hours ago, DinoDash said:

In the troodon dossier it says that the only reason it was not the dominant species was because it lacked physical strength, I think this mantis has that strength...

Compared to rex, giga and titan, I seriously doubt it has the strength in terms of physicallity. But, in terms of horror factor strength we have an instant champion. Most creatures just get one look and say "Beam me up, Scottie!" if ya get what I mean. The only exception would be the giga who is only concerned with food and the titan who would just step on it!

19 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Compared to rex, giga and titan, I seriously doubt it has the strength in terms of physicallity. But, in terms of horror factor strength we have an instant champion. Most creatures just get one look and say "Beam me up, Scottie!" if ya get what I mean. The only exception would be the giga who is only concerned with food and the titan who would just step on it!

It may not have the strength of a giga(scarier than gigas though) but gigas aren't the dominant species. 

Didn't say the giga was, all i said was that the mantid lacked the physical strength. Yet in its place the metaphorical strength of its horrificness (not a real word, I know) more then make's up for its lack of physical strength as, like I said, one look and most dinos go "Beam me up, Scottie!" if ya get what I mean.

The only things that prevent the giga from being dominant, is the low populas, their tendancy to get peeved really easily and that they're dumber then a dodo!