MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jen

Am I the only person who thinks WC need to focus on polishing up a few of the current issues rather than releasing more content that could potentially break the game even more? I'm a massive fan of the game and enjoy everything it has to offer. While WC have done and continue to do an amazing job. I personally feel they're focusing on the wrong things. 

I love it when new creatures get added. I don't mind every few releases being a 'mystery'. But for the last 3-4 being mystery releases, it's getting frustrating. I understand that WC has been getting a lot of flack for releasing info on the sheets that then isn't fully or correctly implemented in the game, but come on. Give us something. I am really disliking this new trend.

Maybe give us a name, or some tidbits of info as if a full sheet has been ripped up with some data removed. But these mysteries are.. not really mysteries. A moth, a mantid, a buzzard. All cool, all things I am looking forward to. The presentation is just getting tedious.

When I first saw Pulminoscorpius, I thought "Hey cool, a Giant Scorpion!!". When I saw the Araneo, I thought "Crap.. a giant Spider, this won't end well, there's dozens of them!" and now a Giant Praying Mantis - or the pre-historic-and-somewhat-related-cousin to it.

Then the Arthropluera came along to try and put me into a conniption-fit, and it almost succeeded. This new foe.. I think we need that flamethrower real soon @Ark Devs.

1 hour ago, Surviv0rEv0lved said:

Am I the only person who thinks WC need to focus on polishing up a few of the current issues rather than releasing more content that could potentially break the game even more? I'm a massive fan of the game and enjoy everything it has to offer. While WC have done and continue to do an amazing job. I personally feel they're focusing on the wrong things. 

Better to release potentially game-breaking content before they get around polishing anything. That's been their goal from day 1: get all the game systems and assets in place before trying to fix everything all at once. Otherwise they'd be wasting time squashing a new horde of bugs after every update. If you're hung up on those "issues" you think they're ignoring, wait until the game's full release. 

3 hours ago, Surviv0rEv0lved said:

You do realize there are separate teams when designing games? These dossiers don't come from the same team is constantly at work trying to resolve bugs and polish like you are asking. Just be happy we are getting new things.

10 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

You do realize there are separate teams when designing games? These dossiers don't come from the same team is constantly at work trying to resolve bugs and polish like you are asking. Just be happy we are getting new things.

Not that you would know this about me but I understand how games are designed having worked in the games industry for the last 13years. I understand that there is a team creating dossiers. Just like there's probably a small team working on audio. It's just my own opinion that I feel. 

21 hours ago, KilroyJenkinz said:

A mantis style creature (at least twice the size of a person?), not tamed by traditional methods, is cunning (?), and apparently when tamed, assists you in some way with crafting?

What is it with the bugs lately though, yeesh..

They're trying to scare the living daylights out of the Entomophobiac's and Acarophobiac's that play ARK.

and harvesting I think, must wonder how it helps with crafting, i think maybe the hammer just means construction not crafting in general, but who knows other then the WC team.

4 hours ago, Surviv0rEv0lved said:

Not that you would know this about me but I understand how games are designed having worked in the games industry for the last 13years. I understand that there is a team creating dossiers. Just like there's probably a small team working on audio. It's just my own opinion that I feel. 

I am just going to say that claiming you do something just to look good on the internet doesnt work. If you really have work in gaming A( good for you B( you should know better? C( I dont think I would want you working on my games if that is how you are gonna act about how another company does their work. I am completely ok with new content cuz that means the game will take a way longer time to get stale and give the devs more time to work on a "sequel." It is best that if you don't like the things they announce you just keep it to yourself especially when it comes to new content that you have no reason to complain about cuz it isn't even implemented yet.

Origins of the Name    

A praying mantis, or praying mantid, is the common name for an insect of the order Mantodea. The word is sometimes misspelled “preying” mantis, understandably since they are natural predators. They are in fact named for the typical "prayer-like" stance. The word mantis is actually derived from the Greek word mantis for prophet or fortune teller. The preferred pluralization is mantids, though there is some usage of mantes or mantises. The world's largest praying mantis was recorded at about 18 centimeters long, in Southern China, in 1929. That is almost the length of a human’s forearm!   

This would be epic!!! 

Common name: Mantis

Species: Arthropoda Mantissa

Time: Day hunter, Night rest (used to tame)

Diet: Insects, frogs, sometime seen feeding on birds ( flyers beware!!!)

Temperament: aggressive, must eat constantly thru the day

Wild: Can be found high up in trees, mainly jungle, swamps, and seldom in redwoods.

Domesticated: highly skilled at killing and flight, can perch high in the tree canopy... Day time appetite unlike any other creature, consumes mass amounts of meat.