Tames you got excited about

DeweyDecimal

I mean, gigas and quetzals are fun and exciting, but what other animals got you excited?

I was a little excited about my first procoptodon, when it stood up and I rode him around for the first time, I went nuts. 

Giggling like a child as I hopped around my base with my tribemate in the pouch, equally amused, leaping over the walls, soaring over our dinos

The solo Rex tame.  I was terrified at first but he turned out to be really easy with just a Ptera and a crossbow.  Lured him down to a section of beach he'd already cleared.  Shoot.  Sloooow turn my way.  Shoot.  Hop on Ptera, fly past him, land, dismount.  Shoot.  Sloooow turn. Shoot.  I just repeated that until he dropped for the most part.  He did run away and eat something else once or twice, allowing me to follow and get a few extra arrows into him (I guess they have a torpor breakpoint at which they run away at like other dinos?). 

No traps, walls or other tricks required!  I didn't realize they could only manage decent speed on a straightaway.

These were not spawned in. They were forced tamed from the wild ones. The female on the right fell into my base. The male in the center I brought back from Crag's Island. The third relocated itself to the central plains from Dead Island. I lost an Argy this evening to a carno while bringing her back.

The male is in the center flanked by the two females. All are level 1.

R03vOwa.jpg

i was excited about titano until they added the temporary tame part of it xD. was really looking forward having a proper mobile base on an official pvp server. 

If were talking about past tames, then i guess it would be my bronto with 38 wild level on weight as the tame i was most excited about when it finished. 

I always get excited when I see a wild Quetz... I've tried several times to solo tame one.

Yesterday I found one flying into The Centers floating Island, I was able to build a wooden platform under him, and narcd him out...

I was taming right along, when I noticed I was gonna need more narc's so I went to jump on my Ptera and missed, falling to my death, my Ptera was still up there till I seen him die this morning from a lvl 6 sabre (It was my only flyer)

the quetz didn't finish taming... I lost my quetz saddle, all those narcs and all that time... One day Ill get one solo... mark my words...

12 hours ago, Grognak said:

I always get excited when I see a wild Quetz... I've tried several times to solo tame one.

Yesterday I found one flying into The Centers floating Island, I was able to build a wooden platform under him, and narcd him out...

I was taming right along, when I noticed I was gonna need more narc's so I went to jump on my Ptera and missed, falling to my death, my Ptera was still up there till I seen him die this morning from a lvl 6 sabre (It was my only flyer)

the quetz didn't finish taming... I lost my quetz saddle, all those narcs and all that time... One day Ill get one solo... mark my words...

Never put your things in the tame. Put 100 narcs at a time when you need to use it. Always starve them first. Always check what you will need before you shoot the first arrow (unless you're positive you have what it needs), that includes the condition of weapon you will use, the number of arrows, narcotics, kibble, and most importantly time needed (because time is also a resource). 

9 hours ago, Lionheart said:

Never put your things in the tame. Put 100 narcs at a time when you need to use it. Always starve them first. Always check what you will need before you shoot the first arrow (unless you're positive you have what it needs), that includes the condition of weapon you will use, the number of arrows, narcotics, kibble, and most importantly time needed (because time is also a resource). 

Bro, I'm a pro at this game, I know better then that...

The Items lost were on the Pteradon I was using to fly around and collect raw prime... It got killed by a lvl 6 sabre after I fell to my death... I couldn't get to it in time...

The lack of narco's was a "too dependant on dododex" issue, It told me I needed only 96, So I brought 130... still wasn't enough...

Starving wasn't really an option either considering of where the animal had fallen unconscious... (literally glitched into the side of a wall with 1 foundation glitch placed under him)

Archived