ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

I started wondering why the "Can't Place Object: Is Obstructed" error exists when one player-placed object intersects another player-placed object. It seems most of the time if you place down objects in the right order you can bypass the obstruction error, and that it just gets in the way more than it helps. So can you please allow us to intersect our own objects?

Thanks!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MiniMonyx said:

Is there a way you guys can buff the raptor to make it relevent in the early-game again. Since the nerf its not worth taming

Was the raptor nerfed?  Or are you speaking about the massive nerf to everything a few months ago?

I agree it seems a bit pathetic now.  It should have a much higher post-tame speed or something.  They seem like lightning when they come for you out of the trees, but once tamed they seem really slow.  Terror birds seem better in every way (except maybe weight).

In regards to "Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items":

Is this going to allow different despawn timers for different items?  Right now there is a problem with PvP servers where raidees despawn all their blueprints to prevent raiders from getting them once the realise that the raiders are going to get in.  This has the adverse effect of incentivizing offline raiding.

It would be great if blueprints were more like manuals that have a significant weight (of say 25) and that took 30+mins to despawn.  This would incentivize online raiding and prevent tribes dashing away from their base on a speed pteradon with all their BPs to hide them on a hidden dilo/dodo somewhere away from base.

Also, while I'm on a roll:

Is the server list likely to get more metadata?  i.e PVE/PvP; Last wipe date; Region (based on IP address or set when setting up the server).

i have a couple questions to ask and it would be awesome if you could answer them!

1-what thins will be added in tec tier (its ok if you cant say just wondering the ideas you had)?

2-will you still be adding new thins after the games realese?

3- when are you planing to realese the game?

(it fine by me if you can only get to one question)

With Auto-turrets removed as a defense for platform saddles, was there something intended to fill that void of an option to defend those platform saddled dinos for a solo player? Such as were there dinos you felt could be utilized as a defensive measure, or traps that aren't used as much? Or was it simply the only solution to stopping how out of control the platforms with turrets had gotten? Just curious of options Im overlooking possibly since I do not have others to move with me & protect me using the manned turrets. Thanks!

Genetics playing a role in the story

This could be a sign that arks creatures are not normal. Stuff like feathers and quills showing up slightly on dinos, sizes growing and getting smaller. This could be a very rare sight that could benefit fans hunger for accuracy. Ex. Large ridable dilos and slightly feathered Rex's. Could be their original genetics coming back through birth defects, similar to the way humans are sometimes born with tails: 

1) will we ever get items that are different not just in stats but also in the way they look on characters, it would be cool if the Ramshackle, Apprentice, Journeyman, Mastercraft and Ascendant items look more different from each other.

2) when will the vanilla Dino's start getting there abilities? Would really like to have the Rex with the debuff roar and trike with charge.

3) aside from the Dragon, will we ever see other mythical creatures on the ARK, it would be cool if they we're rare encounters to tame or defeat, like maybe a Pegasus, Griffin, Troll, Ents etc etc. They might even drop extremely rare items if you chose to defeat them.

4) when are we getting player customization?

5 hours ago, MrBlackMagik said:

It was mentioned that the Xbox version would be getting achievements in the next update.

Will this be all of the achievements or just the first batch?

Can you share any? PLEASE?!?!

if i am not mistaken i think its going to be the first batch. Jeremy Stieglitz said in a tweet ''@H2OAcidic First batch of Achievements will be added in v739 actually :)''

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived