MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Renagade655 said:

and yet the fanbase...continues to grow? it IS alpha, its not an excuse, it IS alpha. that's why its only 30$ instead of the full 60$ they totally could charge. they fix poop constantly as they add in new features. the only time the game seems to dive off is if they spend to long raptorin with poop and not adding new stuff.

keep bitching cause u got raided or flattened by a tribe lol

are you thick ? every other alpha I have played an I have played quite a few fix things in progress do you know what an alpha is or why they want us to preview there game ? Its because they want us to find bugs an report them back to the dev team WHAT IS THE POINT WHEN THEY DONT LISTEN AN THEY DONT FIX IT WHEN WE DO I am well aware its an alpha but with the amount of time it has been an alpha there should have been some progress in the way of bug fixing any dev team that think they can compile a list of bugs massive game breaking bugs at that an then fix them all at once upon launch are bunch of gullable idiots ! an if you think that this game only loses players when they stop adding content then you need to pull your head out because half the community is screaming for them to stop adding pointless an useless content an fix the game to at least a playable state an each time they fail to do so they lose more players ive read countless posts from people who have taken servers offline because the game is no fun anymore it just annoys people an fustrates them an no they dont fix stuff constantly they ATTEMPT to fix things an fail at doing so an break something else while there at it it is shocking alphas generally fix things as they go along thats the point of them however WC do absolutley nothing an i didnt say it wasnt an alpha I said saying the game is an alpha is a poor excuse for why things dont get fixed an it is ! lastly I run a dedi server an everyone gets on with each other no one raided me an if they did they would fail hard if i was angry that I had been raided or flattened by a tribe then thats what i would be writing about isnt it but did you see me mention anything along them lines no you didnt i am not the type to start crying because i got raided neither so jog on with your smart arse reply you moron 

@Brometheus Dude you seriously need to chill out. If you don't like how WC does things then they don't need your business and negativity while they are working there butts off on this game for us. Come back after launch if you are that butthurt about bugs. This game is PRE-RELEASE and there is a NOTICE ON THE GAME that states "THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE GAME AND EXPECT TO SEE ISSUES" basically so you were warned and have no reason to be pissed. 

Now for everyone complaining about "non-existent creatures" were you around 100s of millions of years ago? Did you see what existed and what didn't? NO? Yeah that is what I thought. Stop complaining about WC's creativity and just accept it and enjoy it. We literally know nothing about our planet pre-recorded history, we just THINK we do. If there used to be GIANT SCORPIONS, why wouldn't there have been GIANT MOTHS? Someone explain the logic, just because we don't have physical evidence of it doesn't mean it didn't exist or doesn't exist. 

@LilNastyGurl You can't just call a game about things that don't exist anymore not scientifically accurate cuz some old geezer hasn't found a rock with an impression on of it and said "yes this thing existed and we think we know exactly how it acted and looked cuz of these rock impressions." That logic literally makes no sense because the creatures are gone and we have no proof of anything that we "speculate to be true" based on our knowledge of current things. Except for things like mammoths and sabers which have been found frozen and preserved and is an entirely different story cuz we have proof of how they appeared sort of, but still 0% clue of how they acted.

@Brometheus, really I can't believe you, if they bug fixed and optimised befor relaease then every bit of new content would unravel all of their work, so from your opinion you prolong the update for about a week, just to add an extra 10 FPS to your junk heap, which will be undone in another 3 weeks! If you want a less laggy/buggy experience use Xbox one.

9 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

@LilNastyGurl You can't just call a game about things that don't exist anymore not scientifically accurate cuz some old geezer hasn't found a rock with an impression on of it and said "yes this thing existed and we think we know exactly how it acted and looked cuz of these rock impressions." That logic literally makes no sense because the creatures are gone and we have no proof of anything that we "speculate to be true" based on our knowledge of current things. Except for things like mammoths and sabers which have been found frozen and preserved and is an entirely different story cuz we have proof of how they appeared sort of, but still 0% clue of how they acted.

They are NOT going to find a 5 foot hybridized spider that can expel its venom and webs at the same time as a projectile. They are not going to discover a manta-stingray hybrid with cartilagenous tendrils extending from its head with a very powerful stinger, or a man-sized angler with 3 bioluminescent elements etc. etc.. At least with the other dinos featured on this game, they were drawn from previous creature findings that people have actually studied, named and cross-referenced. While they may be Hybridized for the sake of gameplay and fun, they're still based on actual creatures from the fossil record. The logic makes perfect sense because it is using basic paleontological logic, as in, they took already existing prehistoric creatures and added a twist to them.

The Angler, Electrophorus (the ARK electric moray, not the extant species), and Manta are just fictional creatures added because they're cool, and that's fine. Just like adding the huge ridable moth is fine. Rock impressions don't have anything to do with you know...not being discovered yet. They are fictional.

I don't get the point you were trying to convey, but yeah, if you discover a giant spider on a dig, name it the Araneo and I'll shut up right now. Hell, if you find an Angler specimen fossilized I'll pay you 500 bucks. No joke.

Edited by LilNastyGurl

8 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

They are NOT going to find a 5 foot hybridized spider that can expel its venom and webs at the same time as a projectile. They are not going to discover a manta-stingray hybrid with cartilagenous tendrils extending from its head with a very powerful stinger, or a man-sized angler with 3 bioluminescent elements etc. etc.. At least with the other dinos featured on this game, they were drawn from previous creature findings that people have actually studied, named and cross-referenced. While they may be Hybridized for the sake of gameplay and fun, they're still based on actual creatures from the fossil record. The logic makes perfect sense because it is using basic paleontological logic, as in, they took already existing prehistoric creatures and added a twist to them.

The Angler, Electrophorus (the ARK electric moray, not the extant species), and Manta are just fictional creatures added because they're cool, and that's fine. Just like adding the huge ridable moth is fine. Rock impressions don't have anything to do with you know...not being discovered yet. They are fictional.

I don't get the point you were trying to convey, but yeah, if you discover a giant spider on a dig, name it the Araneo and I'll shut up right now. Hell, if you find an Angler specimen fossilized I'll pay you 500 bucks. No joke.

The problem here is you saying "not" and "can't" and "won't." When you literally don't know if it is true lol. You put too much faith in scientific THEORY and not enough in fact, and let me tell you the facts. There is A( extremely highly unlikely that we will find evidence of every creature that existed because of poor fossilization or just not getting fossilized at all, the there is B( where the creatures that are alive today that have the same abilities you say they won't find ex: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting_spider oh look there a spider that uses its venom as a "projectile" in a way. Did you realize we know less about our own ocean than we do our own moon? O.o That is crazy right? I wonder what creatures could be hiding in the dark depths maybe even a huge Angler that we didn't know about. If you know anything about evolution then you know everything is a crisscrossing splitting web of characteristics of creatures, so tell me how the the creatures known as stingrays and manta rays are so different because one lacks the stinger. Obviously at some point in time they had to have split from a creature with the defense mechanism into one that still uses it and one that doesn't need it because it is basically a sea cow. You are stuck on the observations of people who compare everything to stuff alive today because that is all we have to try and make sense of these creatures. Yes they are fictional but you can't just discredit this game and call it unrealistic when it is on a subject like this, where there is absolutely no concrete evidence of these creatures other than their bones.

Well, giant sized versions of creatures that closely resemble (or are ancestors of) current insects are actually not pure fantasy creatures at all.  Many insects haven't changed much physically over time, they haven't needed to, apart from size.  Insect size is directly related to Oxygen level, and during certain epochs the O2 count was much, much higher.

Granted, ARK pushes things well beyond their theoretical boundaries... but still...  :)

In that picture there is nothing in the right position to lend perspective, so we don't know if that Moth is 3 feet over the survivors head or 30 feet up... which would give us a better idea if we will see a beach ball sized moth, or one the size of a Police helicopter.

If we assume the portions of those columns of spores are partially behind the building on the right (hard to tell, because the lines just sort of stop before getting all the way to it), then my money will be on the helicopter, or larger.

You know, I'm really starting to regret reading comments. Not just here, but literally every gaming forum I come across, because of ignorant angry children like Brometheus. The developers are not your slaves. They are not under any obligation to do what you want. If you have an idea, and can express it with proper english and commas, they actually listen. When it's a sound idea, something simple and easily implemented, they go "Yeah okay I'll try to get it in the next pass." If it's not feasible, or not within the scope of their development plan, they say "No thanks, try modding." It's clear they're not ignoring everyone, but it's also clear (to me at least) they know what the hell they're doing.

That all being said, I understand why some others are upset with the mystery dossiers. I personally have zero interest in anything that isn't a dinosaur, but this is their game and they'll do with it as they please, so what's the use in complaining? You take one look at a pteranodon, brontosaurus, or the oversized "D. rex" and you realize this game isn't meant to be a prehistory simulator. It's a survival game with dinosaurs (and other things). If you want something different, I suggest you look elsewhere. If you can't find the dino simulator you want, I suggest you make it yourself. 

31 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Well, giant sized versions of creatures that closely resemble (or are ancestors of) current insects are actually not pure fantasy creatures at all.  Many insects haven't changed much physically over time, they haven't needed to, apart from size.  Insect size is directly related to Oxygen level, and during certain epochs the O2 count was much, much higher.

Granted, ARK pushes things well beyond their theoretical boundaries... but still...  :)

In that picture there is nothing in the right position to lend perspective, so we don't know if that Moth is 3 feet over the survivors head or 30 feet up... which would give us a better idea if we will see a beach ball sized moth, or one the size of a Police helicopter.

If we assume the portions of those columns of spores are partially behind the building on the right (hard to tell, because the lines just sort of stop before getting all the way to it), then my money will be on the helicopter, or larger.

The fella's riding it, so safe to assume larger than a beach ball at least ;)

13 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

guess that's why...omg get this...its called...holy ur never gonna see this coming....and here it is.... ITS A raptorIN GAME

On 7/12/2016 at 2:46 AM, Brometheus said:

no I am sick of all you people who say oh its an alpha its in preview that is just a shocking excuse that the devs use to skate by without fixing out like i said how do we preview a game when it keeps resetting you cant its unplayable an how they communicate with the community an address problems is shocking an you think thats gonna chnage when game ships no ? I dont want a full product if I did I wouldnt have bought in to an alpha stage game what i want is an alpha that is in a playable state Ive been playing bf1 alpha last week n half not 1 single bug an theres been two patches to change a few things the patch gets announced an guess what....it drops on the day they say it will they have to through a MS QA too weres the difference theres none there both alphas except dice handle there stuff an WC just sweep it under the rug an say " were gonna optimize b4 launch " what a joke this game has been in alpha for absolutley ages with absolutley no progress in the way of fixing things everytime they attempt to fix something they break it more or break something else all the other bugs are easy to get round an play with but not saving your progress on a game like this is stupid an should be fixed immediatley not 4 patches down line an there still trying to fix it this game is time consuming as it is without having to do everything over an over again I havent even been able to begin gearing up to attempt to take on titan because nothing saves so you tell me how i am supposed to preview this game when I am starting back from scratch everyday I dont wanna preview leveling up everyday an building a wood hut anyway my point is the dev team are useless an if they keep up how they are there gonna lose even more players eventually there gonna be left with a stale playerbase because there reputation for fixing things an getting patches out on time is starting to precede them an if they ever get on to making new games nobodys gonna be interested after the mess that was ark

I don't think you understand how game design works, nor what an alpha is for. The current stage we're in now, alpha, beta, early access, whatever you want to call it, is to ADD content. They're building the game, and adding new stuff breaks old. This is true of every piece of software ever. 

Additionally, not every developer is responsible for fixes. These dossiers are by artists and designers, NOT programmers. What are they supposed to do in the meantime, sit there and wait until the (alpha) game is free of issues, a logical absurdity even for a finished product? And even then, what of the people who get angry when they never add anything new? If they sat there making sure everything was perfect THEN added something new, all that work would be undone because adding always, always, always breaks something. 

They patch often. They update this site every 3 days (on average) and that's pretty good. 

Lastly, for the love of all that's holy and righteous, PLEASE use paragraphs and punctuation. Your solid walls of angry text without punctuation are incredibly difficult to read.

Edit: Forgot to add, being sick of an answer, in this case "the game is in early access" doesn't change the fact that it is the correct answer.

To those folks who like to complain every time a new creature/dossier is revealed or hinted:

I understand that you want the bugs fixed. I understand there are issues with the game. I, too, have lost Quetzals to the "Disappearing Act of Doom" and have seen my creatures disappear at random. I've had game crashes, and disconnections, and I've been teleported above-ground from cave-systems because the game thought I was "stuck" underground.

But you have to also understand that these reveals are just that: reveals. The devs "unveiling" this moth creature does not mean that they don't intend to fix the game. But consider this: What if they simply stopped showing us all this cool stuff? It's not as if they can't do both.

In the video game-making process, optimization is actually one of the last things to occur. The fact that the game runs as well as it does now is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the Wildcard team. AND they've been optimizing as they go. I'm not going to give you the "it's an alpha; just accept it" argument, because there are bugs that I would like to see fixed as well. (Such as the issue with audio on TheCenter not playing properly all the time; I can't bring myself to get invested in the Center map yet because the sound issue is immersion breaking - and thus game breaking - for me.)

But complaining about it with a poor attitude and demanding that they fix it isn't the way to go. They're working on it; they'll fix it. But we have to be patient. Ark is going to be a truly robust and complex game when it's finished. But until then, take any issues you have to the Support Center. Or drop them in an approved thread that's tracking the bugs and issues with the game. Complaining and moaning here isn't helping anyone, because this isn't the place to get those comments seen.

And to keep this comment on-topic for the thread: I wasn't expecting a moth-critter! It'll be interesting to find out exactly what it's extracting in that particular image; I admit, I'm curious!

I really hope it flies all fluttery... could be great to avoid getting hit by ground fired weapons and dodging attacks from fliers. Guessing it is pretty fragile though. It would be awesome if it started out as a caterpillar in the baby stage, and then went into a cocoon during the juvenile stage before finally turning into its moth like state.

On 7/13/2016 at 5:17 AM, moimeme15 said:

we have ants, spiders, centipedes, now moths. can you guys add bees because, like Albert Einstein once said: if the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man wouldonly have four years of life left. no more bees, no more pollination,no more plants, no more animals, no more man. #makebeesgreatagain

This is a good idea. #beeyoundhumanunderstanding

43 minutes ago, LITTLEGAMER27 said:

It is probably a mosquito because IT LITERALLY SHOWS A PICTURE OF IT STABBING A GIANT NOSE-LIKE TUBE INTO A SURVIVERS NECK SUCKING HIS BLOOD.

I don't know about any of you but I've never seen a moth do that before, and I've seen pretty big creepy looking moths before.

1, it's clearly a moth.

2, it doesn't show anything of the sort. Look again.

actually Kraken their was a Giant Crab in the fossil record it was a 4 meter long Horse shoe Crab and it weighed over 2 tones assumedly this was no freakish case of Gigantism Horseshoe crabs were much bigger.

& now for my post:

Let me set a seen 2 Asian chick dancing naked on the beach at dawn they begin to sing

Mosura ya Mosura
Tasukete yo te yobeba
Toki o koete
Umi o koete
Nami no yo ni yatte kuru
Mamorigami
Mosura ya Mosura
Yasashisasae wasure
Arehateta
Hito no kokoro
Inorinagara utau
Ai no uta

IT FRIKEN MOTHRA!

lol

7 hours ago, LITTLEGAMER27 said:

It is probably a mosquito because IT LITERALLY SHOWS A PICTURE OF IT STABBING A GIANT NOSE-LIKE TUBE INTO A SURVIVERS NECK SUCKING HIS BLOOD.

I don't know about any of you but I've never seen a moth do that before, and I've seen pretty big creepy looking moths before.

Ever hear of the Vampire Butterfly? well there's a Corpse Moth that eat meat too I think they made a blood sucker hybrid of these 2 just to creep you out