New Tournament Structure Proposal

SubeRRe

Hi Everyone!! Im SubeRRe, new to the forums but i´ve been playing ark soft since its early release. First of all, i wanna apologyse if my english is not as good as it should. Im gonna make an effort to make my points as clear as possible.

Last months final matches have made me think about how could we get to have a system that made more attractive early pvp and also late game pvp. Actually it really discourages everyone from engaging or taking risks, and in my opinion, its almost a direct consecuence of the Prizepool structure.

The prizepool structure as it is, makes the hide and farm/tame as the strongest meta in order to have an opportunity at final battle for the cash. It promotes defensive playing and discourages agressive game styles as the potential loss doesnt even pair with the benefits. While I was watching junes finales, i came with and idea that could solve this without any patch needed, just a remake of the prizepool structure.

Actually the pools stand like this:

FFA: 17.700 to Split between 10 ppl.

2v2: 21.900 to Split between 10 ppl

4v4: 26.000 to Split between 12 ppl.

My idea is to take a 25% of each pricepool and Split it between the total amount of player as a “Bounty” reward. Its not an auto awarded money, the point is that if you kill someone, you gain HALF of that players bounty, and the other HALF goes directly to increase your personal bounty marker.

Lets see with numbers, and later i will explain the effects this would have on games.

FFA: 25% of 17.700 = 4425 . 4425 /40 = 110,6 each players initial bounty

2v2: 25% of 21.900= 5475. 5475/60 = 91.25 each players initial bounty

4v4: 25% of 26.000= 6500. 6500 /80= 81.25 each players initial bounty

So… lets stop maths for now :P. The point is that if you kill a guy at early FFA, you would earn insta 55 bucks, and your personal bounty would increase from 110 to 165. If someone kills you then, he gets 82.5 bucks and an equal 82.5 increase in theirs. All easy till here. Last player/ tribe will eventually get a lot of money trought this way (the bounty he earned + his personal bounty that nobody stole from him). This is perfectly fine, as long as this system would encourage people taking risks and going on much more action just for a greed logic. If anyone played online póker, i took the idea from KnockOut structure tournaments ^^. The total prizepool would change, but it would change dramatically change the ingame mecanics. If you wanna hit a big pot, your must go insanely agressive or tactical, not sneaky like actually. On the other hand, having chance of getting Little prices even when not achieving top 10/5/3 would encourage imo that more players would like to involve themselves in the league (we need this so hard..)

In case of PVE deaths and suicides, bounty should go to main pricepool. In case of dino deaths, maybe split between tribe members?

Well, thanks for reading. I know it can be a Little mess to get the idea, furthermore if im the one explaining it >_<. I will edit if needed, and have no problems in explaining the whole maths I did with this.

Archived