Being harassed because my name is Muhommed

Muhommed

Dear Admin,

Every time I say something in chat someone curses me out calls me a name and slanders me because my name is Muhommed. They assume I am muslim, which I am, but the name Muhommed is Arabic a christian can be named Muhommed. sometimes if I am farming their are a few players in particular that will curse at me. I have  screenshot evidence if I need to provide it. Sometimes they call me a pedophile, sometimes they call me a stink fu(I<ng muslim but whenever I am acknowledged it is unfriendly. Sometimes I am killed for being Muhommed. And as much as I try talking sense into them , its almost like they enjoy being hateful and ignorant. They just keep assaulting me and their justification is because they assume I am muslim (their assumptions are correct). These people actually go out of their way to harass me because I am Muhommed.

Look, I am going to put it like this. I am all for games, when I get raided or killed its just a game and good fun. But being targeted and harassed for being muslim is a bit too far. It's personal and look I don't like the fact they can do this freely. This especially bothers me because when I see someone in the chat being harassed or discriminated again just because they are Chinese for example, I always put my neck out there and correct the player for doing so. I'm sick and tired of hearing how it's just a game, like I am just a computer. This isn't tetris or snake anymore it being just a game is not a better excuse to justify this level of abuse.

I play official servers because I want to play the game the way it is intended. My name in Ark is Muhommed (As I mentioned) and I am proud of my name, I am role playing as myself in a different space and time and I really enoy the game. I am not feeling some of these people in the server, I really need to have a little pow wow with a administrator. I am 25 years old and even though it really doesn't matter I try to lead by example in the game by refraining from putting people down and sticking up for people being harassed.

I need an administrator to perhaps do some digging if necessary, I have a few names. One thing I couldn't prove is the voice chat. Some people wouldn't tell me who they were in chat so I couldn't screen shot it but I do known who they are. Could you not just ban ONE to make an example out of them? Before I came here just hours ago I did forewarn them. I did try communicating with them hoping they would stop. It's not working,it's really not. I am not getting any kicks or chuckles with the thought of someone being banned I am really not but their isn't anything else I can possibly think of other than changing my name. But changing my name would be just a treatment for this server, it would say. "Harass players all you would like they will just change their name." What these people need is a reality check. A administrator to come in and say,"look this isn't going to fly , this behavior is far out of line , it is unacceptable. Than BAM. BAM BAM BAM BAN!!!*** Ban hammer straight to the figurative face!!!! ?? 

I am sorry for the poor screenshots I just took these last session, I don't talk much 

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived