MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

6 hours ago, blob28895 said:

I know you guys have a lot of dinosaur in your que to add in (just looked at the list) but I really want you to prioritize more flyers because they are so useful and there are only three flyers you can ride currently.(Not counting the dragon)

There's three in game currently, one coming in the next patch, one more already modelled in the dev kit, and yet another just been released as a Mysterious Mystery.

On 13 July 2016 at 2:23 AM, J said:

I don't recall ever seeing a dung Beatle or snail the size of dogs

Yeah i din't recal the titanosaur being the size of mountain either.

In ark most things are bigger than they're naturally, ie the bronto in ark is about the same (estimated) size of an adult argentinosaurus. Which is as far as I recall the largest known dinosaur and the dire wolf is around twice the size of fossils found irl.

Although on the note of a snail the size of a dog, who on earth knows how big they get in unknown parts of the ocean; as there's an estimated 93% of the ocean yet to be explored!

PS There is NO ridicule, arrogance or smart'a'ery is meant by this statement.

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:23 AM, J said:

I don't recall ever seeing a dung Beatle or snail the size of dogs

And I don't recall them giving it a known prehistoric giant snail or giant dung beetle scientific name like all the other prehistoric creatures ingame have but instead they have kept their extant scientific name

And also that's because ark took creative freedom and mutated the modern versions, so don't act like just because "things are bigger or you haven't seen it so that means they must be prehistoric" because that's simply not true

But don't get me wrong there's still a huge chance there was a snail or dung beetle that big because of the fact the fossil record only has a small fraction of the prehistoric creatures on earth but that also means that our chances of finding a fossil is slim since we haven't found one already

Edited by Scorpio

On 7/7/2016 at 0:50 AM, FantasticGuy1 said:

What the argentavis was meant to be?

well technically,argentavis is still a vulture.It just loves instantly attacking any player,player owned creature,or small animal since its big and strong enough to do so.these vultures wont be able do since their many times smaller and weaker.If this vulture could,it would probably hunt down prey,like argies.

14 hours ago, Leaderofthepeaceholders said:

well technically,argentavis is still a vulture.It just loves instantly attacking any player,player owned creature,or small animal since its big and strong enough to do so.these vultures wont be able do since their many times smaller and weaker.If this vulture could,it would probably hunt down prey,like argies.

Point is though, a glance at the Argentavis's dossier shows that it was planned to look a lot more like a vulture, but they made it look like some sort of fat-hawk. It still acts like a carrion feeder, but it would be cool if spoiled meat was like prime to them (similar to the scorpions) In retrospect they really need to redo some of the old dossiers.

9 hours ago, FantasticGuy1 said:

Point is though, a glance at the Argentavis's dossier shows that it was planned to look a lot more like a vulture, but they made it look like some sort of fat-hawk. It still acts like a carrion feeder, but it would be cool if spoiled meat was like prime to them (similar to the scorpions) In retrospect they really need to redo some of the old dossiers.

Yeah, a lot of people have been saying the same thing and in response a time or so ago the WC team said they would be redoing the dossiers closer to release. 

On 7/14/2016 at 7:29 AM, DaEndGame said:

Yeah i din't recal the titanosaur being the size of mountain either.

In ark most things are bigger than they're naturally, ie the bronto in ark is about the same (estimated) size of an adult argentinosaurus. Which is as far as I recall the largest known dinosaur and the dire wolf is around twice the size of fossils found irl.

Although on the note of a snail the size of a dog, who on earth knows how big they get in unknown parts of the ocean; as there's an estimated 93% of the ocean yet to be explored!

PS There is NO ridicule, arrogance or smart'a'ery is meant by this statement.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:54 PM, Scorpio said:

And I don't recall them giving it a known prehistoric giant snail or giant dung beetle scientific name like all the other prehistoric creatures ingame have but instead they have kept their extant scientific name

And also that's because ark took creative freedom and mutated the modern versions, so don't act like just because "things are bigger or you haven't seen it so that means they must be prehistoric" because that's simply not true

But don't get me wrong there's still a huge chance there was a snail or dung beetle that big because of the fact the fossil record only has a small fraction of the prehistoric creatures on earth but that also means that our chances of finding a fossil is slim since we haven't found one already

See that's where your're both missing the point. I never said it was prehistoric. I know it's made up. But that definitely doesn't make it modern 

14 minutes ago, J said:

See that's where your're both missing the point. I never said it was prehistoric. I know it's made up. But that definitely doesn't make it modern 

True, true. If I knew what was going on in my head at the time I'd probably tell you why I missed that point, but'll rack it up to me not thinking things all the way through. That's the usual problem.

24 minutes ago, J said:

That's true you didn't, but I also never accused you, I was more or less addressing everyone who thought they we're just because they happened to be in a mostly prehistoric animal game

And you're right they are technically a purely fantasy creature with the exact same name and enlarged bodyly features of the current extant species

Edited by Scorpio

@J Now that I look at mine agian, I like @Scorpio didn't say it wasn't prehistoric, atleast not in plain sight, as I may have done in between the lines. Like I said before I don't recall what was going through my head at the time. Still... I didn't make any acknowledgement of the fact so I'll still say that I did miss it indeed.

11 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

@J Now that I look at mine agian, I like @Scorpio didn't say it wasn't prehistoric, atleast not in plain sight, as I may have done in between the lines. Like I said before I don't recall what was going through my head at the time. Still... I didn't make any acknowledgement of the fact so I'll still say that I did miss it indeed.

This argument should have been long dead anyways, but hopefully now it's officially laid to rest.

Now for more important matters, will we get another mysterious mystery or an actual dossier lol

• 4 weeks later...

I assume they might be adding this vulture because of the "old world" vulture species? That's the best guess I got. 16 Species in 9 genera.

I guess it could be tamable with raw meat or maybe even rotten meat.

After taming, just like Mesophiticus, Dimorphodon and Compsognathus, the vulture can be carried on the shoulder.

Strange line of thought:

Pteranodon ---> Argentavis.

Dimorphodon ---> ¿Vulture?

It's an old world vulture from the Gyps genius aka Griffon Vultures (they are big and ancient, now extinct), Gyps melitensis or Gyps bochenskii . Or possibly a Sarcogyps calvus or Torgos tracheliotos.

GP8xJAb.jpg

Field papers:

http://www.acta-zoologica-bulgarica.eu/downloads/acta-zoologica-bulgarica/2010/62-2-211-242.pdf

Edited by DirectorGunner