MYSTERIOUS MYSTERIES: INTRODUCING ???????

Jatheish

9 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

So far, every creature in ARK (I think) is extinct. The Gyps Fulvus is still in existence and apparently growing. So not sure if it is that, unless they start introducing creatures that are still in todays world (which is not ruled out, just not happened yet).

Nope the jellyfish, dung beetle, manta, eel, snail, and spider are all modern 

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Nope the jellyfish, dung beetle, manta, eel, snail, and spider are all modern 

I believe these certain variations of these creatures are extinct. After all they do seem a wee bit larger (minus the jellyfish and manta) then they did in real life. Then again a lot of the creatures sizes in game are out of proportion, after all the bronto is a bit bigger then a fully grown titan irl is estimated to be by scientists. Returning to my first argument the Dire wolve, Dire bear, etc. are long extinct acestors of modern creatures. 

7 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Leeches and Coelacanths? Those are still around, although the leeches in Ark are quite different from nowadays leeches.

Like i mentioned above, the leech in ark is an extinc ancestor of modern leeches, as for the coelacanths they are prehistoric.  creatures and were believed to be extinct till one was pulled up dynamite fishermen in (i think) south african waters. Now a days marine biologists (im prety sure its marine biologists) go on diving expeditions to find them, though due to how rare they are very few of these expeditions end up encountering one.

21 hours ago, 7oxic said:

more Carnivores need to leave bodies for these guys to live up to the dead body scavengers that vultures are.  This one is obvious enough no need to call it a mystery btw...  unless mysterious miseries is a classification for things we wont see for 18 months then that would make sense with the others we've seen.

Oh god no, if people had to wait 18 more months for the games release...    No the two in quick succession seem to indicate that something's very close.

46 minutes ago, DaEndGame said:

I believe these certain variations of these creatures are extinct. After all they do seem a wee bit larger (minus the jellyfish and manta) then they did in real life. Then again a lot of the creatures sizes in game are out of proportion, after all the bronto is a bit bigger then a fully grown titan irl is estimated to be by scientists. Returning to my first argument the Dire wolve, Dire bear, etc. are long extinct acestors of modern creatures. 

Except the fact that they didn't use a prehistoric name for the animals  I mentioned but the dire wolf (canis dirus) and dire bear (arctodus aka short faced bear) do use a prehistoric name in their dossiers and even though you may say the modern animals I mentioned could be based off of one of the many prehistoric specimens, than why didn't the devs use one? And finally animals like the spider seem to be a hybrid of many different modern spiders just like the manta is fused with a sting ray

2 hours ago, DaEndGame said:

Like i mentioned above, the leech in ark is an extinc ancestor of modern leeches, as for the coelacanths they are prehistoric.  creatures and were believed to be extinct till one was pulled up dynamite fishermen in (i think) south african waters. Now a days marine biologists (im prety sure its marine biologists) go on diving expeditions to find them, though due to how rare they are very few of these expeditions end up encountering one.

Nothing in the leeches dossier including its name points to it being prehistoric

Also thanks for reminding me this is another modern animal that was added

And no I don't hate all the modern creatures that we're added because I like the way they implemented the manta and eel but I do prefer arks creatures to be prehistoric I was also mainly just correcting you

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Except the fact that they didn't use a prehistoric name for the animals  I mentioned but the dire wolf (canis dirus) and dire bear (arctodus aka short faced bear) do use a prehistoric name in their dossiers and even though you may say the modern animals I mentioned could be based off of one of the many prehistoric specimens, than why didn't the devs use one? And finally animals like the spider seem to be a hybrid of many different modern spiders just like the manta is fused with a sting ray

Well humans are in the ark. I assume , even if not extinct , the aliens are preparing for the eventual extinction