ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, thank you so much for all that you do! <3 Now for my questions...

• Do you have a plan yet for when you'll be "feature complete" at which point you'll focus even more on optimising and polishing?
  • Any way dinos on wandering could: a) go towards a trough if they're hungry and there is one nearby; b) if mating, try to stay close to eachother as to not abort the mating?
  • Are pipes not supposed to be built on rafts or is this something that you will include in the future?

And a request - a wish that I hope you consider if you find that more people want it: a complete rebalancing pass of the dinos and kibble. I feel a lot of dinos are available (through saddles) a lot earlier than some other that I find weaker or less useful. Also, the kibble sometimes doesn't make sense to me (Carno before Trike, Quetz before Dimetrodon, Sarco before Stego). I would love it if, when you do your TLC-pass, also completely rebalanced the dinos and kibble, no matter that it would leave us players in a way relearning the game! :)

Thanks for letting us ask you questions and keep up the good work!

Guest UNST3RBLICH

Currently, the Total Conversion mod for Primitive Plus makes changes to the INI to suppress certain engrams. If someone wanted to run the Primitive Plus DLC but not have any of the higher tier items disabled, will they be able to use the DLC just to compliment what's already in the game? There are a lot of neat items in the upcoming DLC from what we already know of having used the mod, and probably a lot more after you guys are finished with it. So will we be able to use this with some flexibility?

Is it possible to get some kind of radar tech that can detect nearby flying creatures and -----

A sonar fish finder that acts in a similar way? (might also be used to detect submarines, mines, torpedoes)

Will we see Sea Anemones that can be used like Plant X for underwater bases?

Can we get a small Resource Gain from demolishing abandoned bases? (this will help clean up bogged down servers and reward the guy doing it.)

Can we please have the Mosa and Plesi breathe air as they don't have gills..?  Even if it's a gulp of air every 3 days or something...or are these ones mutated enough so they actually do have gills?

Any details on Primal Survival thus far? Also, I have a few specific questions.

1. Will we be able to customize our creatures similar to how we customize our human characters, such as height, limb size, skin/fur/scale color, etc?

2. At what Maturity level would a player character be spawned into when they start a game, and how would they  be able to survive if they start at newborn/hatchling since raising them as a human is already time consuming?

3. How are the super dinos like the Giga and Titanosaur going to be balanced on PVP servers? Will there be admin options to restrict on what and how many of a species are allowed in that session?

I'll start with these for now. Thanks~

1. Will all the Caves on the Island get kinda like remastered?

I feel like the older caves are a bit too easy. For example: You can use a grappling hook to get to the artifact in the upper south cave, which will skip like over 50% of the cave.

also the creature level should be adjusted like the snow and swamp cave did.

2. Since Xbox achievements are now confirmed to come with update 739, will these achievements restricted to official server or at least official settings for dedicated servers? as an official server player, it would be unfair if private server players with admin commands and other different settings can unlock them without much effort. Everyone should have to do the same effort.

3. Will there be a medicine cabinet to store antidotes or other future medicines, so that we can keep some for emergency over a long period of time before it spoils.

Is there any chance we can get a server setting for only displaying the name tags / ownership tags of our tribe and allies? This would help RP servers a lot by giving the admins a chance to hide meta information. This would prevent for example being identified when you are wearing a mask. Or when you are hiding somewhere and they use a spyglass. You would also not know who owns a house unless they put up a sign!

Hey guys, would you be willing to put in blueprints through supply drops for each new item you add to the game when you add said item to the game? Or do a rotation of some kind with newer items at the forefront and older ones removed?

It is getting somewhat frustrating to use Primitive Saddles still on Dinos that have been out for months now. 

Archived