I don't think creatures are worth 5$ both from WC and the Mods

Posted (edited)

The only reason I say this is because in the base game of The Island, theres about 35 or so different creatures, 5 of which you can't tame base game.

So imagine charging 5$ for every base game creature on just The Island. Thats 175$ right there. Then of course you have the map itself, the resources, all that jazz.

The game should be at least 175$ if they really believe every creature is worth 5$. And at this rate, if they keep adding unexpected creatures like this for 5$ then yeah its definitely gonna come to that at some point. Just seems kinda.. scammy when you have something to compare it to is all.

Im still gonna buy it I mean its a fire kitty for gods sake but just keep an eye on how they market things cause it's gettin pretty sketchy now.

Edited by Morikar
Needed to format due to poor eyesight of others.

On 6/5/2024 at 4:49 PM, Morikar said:

scammy when you have something to compare it to is all.

Everything they've done since the moment they announced that porting the game from UE4 to UE5 would cost money has been scammy.

This is the future of ARK, P2W DLC's, P2W creatures, nickel & dime'ing players to death. The only way to avoid getting abused is to walk away from the game, they're never going to stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Everything they've done since the moment they announced that porting the game from UE4 to UE5 would cost money has been scammy.

This is the future of ARK, P2W DLC's, P2W creatures, nickel & dime'ing players to death. The only way to avoid getting abused is to walk away from the game, they're never going to stop.

Sad but true. If i didn't enjoy the overall sandbox gameplay so much, I would have quit already because of WC and Shi's buffoonery. 

The pyromane not even being announced until the center dropped is a perfect indication that they are just shoehorning whatever paid creature they can into the maps now. The pyromane is a complete Shadowman reskin right down to the same sound effects. It sure is useful though.

On 6/6/2024 at 11:27 PM, Pipinghot said:

The sky isn’t falling, chicken little. You seem to post a lot of complaints about how the company is unethical, yet you keep returning to play the game.   You’d think that someone who’s so rabid about how bad the company is, and complain month after month, would report the illegal activities.   What’s That?  They’re not doing anything illegal?  You still give them money?  This is a big deal to you?  

“scammy”. How adorable. 

2 hours ago, parazight said:

The sky isn’t falling, chicken little.

Never said it is, you can stop your straw man arguments any time. But you won't, because that's how you roll.

yet you keep returning to play the game.

Nope. Wrong again.

would report the illegal activities.   What’s That?  They’re not doing anything illegal?

Never said they were. More of your usual straw man arguments.

You still give them money?

Nope. Wrong again.