Community Crunch 412: Server Transfers, Mods Spotlight, and More!

1 hour ago, Brettskii said:

I am so excited to hear that the center is on schedule. that was one of the first maps that i was really prepared for during ase but never got the time to play. I am also really happy to read that you are keeping that new server feel a little longer, i will be voting for june 28th! Now that everything is on schedule.....you should explore a battle pass with priority que for the new servers so we don't get a bunch of bots taking up the slots. Maybe while the pass is "active" give us a bigger dino limit for our tribes. Just some food for thought, we really want the battle pass system and a RMT in game store. I understand baby steps, so this would be a pretty good start!

AWESOME CRUNCH WITH AWESOMER NEWS!

We? Pretty sure that’s just you bud.

keep micro transactions out of survival games, killed minecraft bedrock and killed Conan exiles, just work for your things

• Like 1

The fact that you have to iterate that your on schedule means you’re not on schedule stop gas lighting us.

Ya’ll should just stop giving dates, and just do months. Y’all haven’t hit a date yet…seriously it’s sad.

2025 New Year’s resolution finally meet a deadline for something you give a date for the initial time. Do better WC, also that SE transfer pushback is lame, but it was expected.

I’m calling it now, come 4th…cert problem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

once again a delay. it's not as if it was planned since the release of scorched that the servers will open 60 days later you didn't have the necessary time to do it right.... and your excuse?!! what is the relationship between the transfers of schorched and the new start on the center? you just made us work on 3 cards at the same time for nothing. thank you for the communication broth worthy of a 12 year old child. don't forget that people also work, some take leave to fit with your output of updates, maps but you never respect your announcements

5 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Ya know for once, I’m kinda in agreement with WC on this one, in regards to delaying transfers.  I mean be honest guys, how many of us really planning on moving their whole base of operations to SE.  Scorched is going to fall into the same place it did in ASE.  Come the end of summer after transfers open up on the center (which I’m totally hyped for that release), Scorched is going to turn back into the wyvern, golem, mantis and faso farm is was in ASE.  Most of us will have a small outpost on the map so we can get wyvern eggs, tame mantis, fasos and other map related creatures until Ragnarok releases.  After Ragnarok releases scorched earth will have its following but at most we’ll be looking at 10-20 player count tops after August, so is an extra 2 or 4 weeks for transfers really going to mean that much? 

You are. of course, forgetting the total scramble feck fest that is Halloween and Zombie wyverns......

I am really hoping that Wildcard add thise event to ALL maps with wyvern trenches, but if they dont, the ability to have a chance to compete with the large tribe seller gangs that are currently already rife on all scorched maps rather depends on every other player being able to bring over things that might help us not only keep our base rendered but also simply play fairer right now. Our server is impossible to get milk, golems, phoenix faso etc as there are patrols of the Gang Tribes going round killing anything they see folks taming, they have rhynios, gigas, unlimited metal black pearls etc constantly being brought somehow from their island servers. We run a gauntlet trying to use obelisks due to the constant kiting. If you say anything in global, the response is usually an advertisement for milk tek tames etc, milk is being sold via discord for a bargain 20 dollars for 10!?! I know we are not the only server suffering this. Videos were posted of these situations and Wildcard response was they had fixed the glitch and planned not to remove those tribes transferred gains. Well, I am not sure what glitch you fixed Wildcard but they continue to bring more and more and now until the rest of us mere non cheating mortals can compete, Scorched will remain quiet as there is little point in sinking time into a map where you have little chance of achieving anything

As for Scorched going really quiet , given the revamp it has had, and the tames etc available on it I think it will be far busier longer term than it was in ase. Wildcard did a fantastic job in making it more interesting and attractive to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MibsXX said:

You are. of course, forgetting the total scramble feck fest that is Halloween and Zombie wyverns......

I am really hoping that Wildcard add thise event to ALL maps with wyvern trenches, but if they dont, the ability to have a chance to compete with the large tribe seller gangs that are currently already rife on all scorched maps rather depends on every other player being able to bring over things that might help us not only keep our base rendered but also simply play fairer right now. Our server is impossible to get milk, golems, phoenix faso etc as there are patrols of the Gang Tribes going round killing anything they see folks taming, they have rhynios, gigas, unlimited metal black pearls etc constantly being brought somehow from their island servers. We run a gauntlet trying to use obelisks due to the constant kiting. If you say anything in global, the response is usually an advertisement for milk tek tames etc, milk is being sold via discord for a bargain 20 dollars for 10!?! I know we are not the only server suffering this. Videos were posted of these situations and Wildcard response was they had fixed the glitch and planned not to remove those tribes transferred gains. Well, I am not sure what glitch you fixed Wildcard but they continue to bring more and more and now until the rest of us mere non cheating mortals can compete, Scorched will remain quiet as there is little point in sinking time into a map where you have little chance of achieving anything

As for Scorched going really quiet , given the revamp it has had, and the tames etc available on it I think it will be far busier longer term than it was in ase. Wildcard did a fantastic job in making it more interesting and attractive to play.

If I’m not mistaken I believe Ragnarok had the Dodo wyvern spawn chance as well.  As far as the players that are cheating and exploiting any glitches their tribes should be removed and temporary or permanent bans should be handed out, Wildcard you really need to get a handle on that and fast.  Last I knew selling in game items for rl cash is against the COC, but I also am not blind to the fact this was a thing in ASE as well.  I never liked that people did it and if people had any integrity they wouldn’t feed that market, but unfortunately many are about the easy way and not necessarily the right way.  Start laying down the law Wildcard!  Put an end to the cheaters!

As far as SE going quiet, it will just like it did in ASE. It’s the natural course of these maps and this game.  After playing it for 8 years now and 10k plus hours in ASE and playing ASA I see the same patterns emerging that did in ASE.  Yeah before rag releases SE will get an uptick in pop around holiday events but then it will die back off.  The same thing has happened to the island, it will happen to SE, then the Center, then Ab and Ragnarok and so on and so forth.  They’ll be hot for a few weeks and you won’t be able get into them, then come about a month-month and a half the pop will be a steady 20-40, then just in time for the next map to release the servers will be lucky to have anymore than about 20-30 people on them.  The only exceptions I have seen to that is Ragnarok and Gen 2, those seem to stay popular long after release (a year or more), but even then populations still really hang around 40 or so.  Yeah the upgrades the maps are getting are far beyond amazing and it will help with vitality longer but just like everything else in the world that’s new at first, the shiny will wear off.  Even the cheaters and exploiters will loose interest, at least in pve they will.  

The point I was trying to make in my last post that seems to have missed the mark, is that look we all know how WC is.  I am just as much critical to them as anyone else, but they were going to delay transfers on SE anyway, acknowledge that fact that they gave us a chance to vote on it!  That would not have happened 2 years ago.  As far as transfers easing stress on Center servers, news flash it won’t.  WC will still have to go through the same gambit with not releasing enough servers, for a few days servers will be capped, then for the next 2-3 weeks WC will be playing catch up with new server releases, instead of releasing a couple hundred servers out the gate.  Besides between the 2 evils, I would rather have transfers delayed for a map than a whole map delayed.  I know a couple of you disagree but I don’t care. After everything that we have been put through over the last year with the sunsetting of ASE officials, months of literally nothing in the realm of information on what was up and coming not to mention the things that came to light shortly before the ASE shut down, isn’t kinda nice to see them actually getting things out there?  So what many of you had things ready to move, it’s not like they’re never going to open transfers.  If ASE was around for 7-8 years, ASA potentially has the same staying power, so really what is 2-4 week delay on transfers.  

• Thanks 1

alright wc... you rly make me login and comment

so flame on

o ) you first said center rel. is june 1st, obviously it's a saturday so some of us guessed it's the 3rd not 1st, a Monday.

then you said in your last crunch you pushed it back from 3rd to 4th, but it was never the 3rd

so ok we wait until the 4th then that will be the 5th anyway, "its just one day right"

o ) you said transfers for SE will be opened in 2 month, that is now, not in 2 weeks

besides the fact you implemented a bug, two times, so people were able to transfer stuff to SE only a few weeks after SE release you should have opened it a long time ago

and you did not rollback PVE servers and which makes it even worse is that you did not take enforcement actions against all the rhynios and transfered tek owners on SE /PVE.

o ) but you pillarwipe people that have paid for the addon to "stake their claimes" how YOU wrote for the train track, how stupid is that hahaha

o ) and now you take down "EXPIRED" servers 1 week before people would be able to transfer to another SE server with your newly set date.

o ) your dollie is a enraged parasaur, i want jen back, now. why banning people for no reason in discord and twitter?

obviously transfers are working, and from ASE we know what it takes to enable it

so do not hold transfers back just because you think people would play the center then or for any other reason

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Funny how they put it as the delay was for us as a player and that we had a choice when they choose to delay it...and only giving us the choices to wait 2 weeks or 4 weeks.  Anyone else want to bet they buying time for some reason...be it fear of bugs with cross map transfer or something at the same time as the new map is released and trying to spread out how many bugs and problem they will ahve to deal with. 

Just my 5 cents ont his.

• Like 1

*PUSH*

Wnats about Custom Cosmetic System

• Phase 2, launching April 1, will automatically download them in the background when encountered during gameplay. Note: Clients can disable usage of these globally or per-Mod-ID. Servers can disable globally or use a whitelist (we suggest servers use our official whitelist, which will be the default). The cosmetics allowed on official servers will be dynamically-white-listed on a daily basis by Overwolf and Studio Wildcard to avoid any exploity or issue-causing cosmetics.

Where is that?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

If I’m not mistaken I believe Ragnarok had the Dodo wyvern spawn chance as well.  As far as the players that are cheating and exploiting any glitches their tribes should be removed and temporary or permanent bans should be handed out, Wildcard you really need to get a handle on that and fast.  Last I knew selling in game items for rl cash is against the COC, but I also am not blind to the fact this was a thing in ASE as well.  I never liked that people did it and if people had any integrity they wouldn’t feed that market, but unfortunately many are about the easy way and not necessarily the right way.  Start laying down the law Wildcard!  Put an end to the cheaters!

As far as SE going quiet, it will just like it did in ASE. It’s the natural course of these maps and this game.  After playing it for 8 years now and 10k plus hours in ASE and playing ASA I see the same patterns emerging that did in ASE.  Yeah before rag releases SE will get an uptick in pop around holiday events but then it will die back off.  The same thing has happened to the island, it will happen to SE, then the Center, then Ab and Ragnarok and so on and so forth.  They’ll be hot for a few weeks and you won’t be able get into them, then come about a month-month and a half the pop will be a steady 20-40, then just in time for the next map to release the servers will be lucky to have anymore than about 20-30 people on them.  The only exceptions I have seen to that is Ragnarok and Gen 2, those seem to stay popular long after release (a year or more), but even then populations still really hang around 40 or so.  Yeah the upgrades the maps are getting are far beyond amazing and it will help with vitality longer but just like everything else in the world that’s new at first, the shiny will wear off.  Even the cheaters and exploiters will loose interest, at least in pve they will.  

The point I was trying to make in my last post that seems to have missed the mark, is that look we all know how WC is.  I am just as much critical to them as anyone else, but they were going to delay transfers on SE anyway, acknowledge that fact that they gave us a chance to vote on it!  That would not have happened 2 years ago.  As far as transfers easing stress on Center servers, news flash it won’t.  WC will still have to go through the same gambit with not releasing enough servers, for a few days servers will be capped, then for the next 2-3 weeks WC will be playing catch up with new server releases, instead of releasing a couple hundred servers out the gate.  Besides between the 2 evils, I would rather have transfers delayed for a map than a whole map delayed.  I know a couple of you disagree but I don’t care. After everything that we have been put through over the last year with the sunsetting of ASE officials, months of literally nothing in the realm of information on what was up and coming not to mention the things that came to light shortly before the ASE shut down, isn’t kinda nice to see them actually getting things out there?  So what many of you had things ready to move, it’s not like they’re never going to open transfers.  If ASE was around for 7-8 years, ASA potentially has the same staying power, so really what is 2-4 week delay on transfers.  

If you really got +10k hours you need to remember what happen with the poll's and curiosly you talk about ragna

gigantoraptor was planned for ragnarock and ppl vote for that, and he WON... but we got on the island, then he win and he lost at the same time

with ark is all fake poll, fake dates, fake delays

They promise to much and they stated somany things... but in the end they lied to much and they change all days before

nobody was wanting this actually poll and nobody know if now the gona acept the result of the new poll

now "  If ASE was around for 7-8 years, ASA potentially has the same staying power,"

mmmmm no, they plan ark 2 for the end of 2024.. then they gonna kill ark ASA soon like ark ASE

14 hours ago, ShadowShadex said:

So dollie gets every hyped up about a vote. And it turns out we're voting how long we want to delay transfers? Like come on what's the point of this. It's so ridiculous. 

Dollies always been an out of touch clownshoe.

Who hypes up the choice of how long to delay something? Thats like hyping up the choice between eating a shoe or a piece of glass. She really thought that would go over well with the consumers....

• Like 3

What an asinine stunt.

Holding back transfers to SE will have one effect only....namely herding players to servers that will already be packed. 

We, the players HAVE to plan for moving a base, but the devs just decide on a whim that another 2 to 4 weeks will be fine.

Its not fine. Just effing once, can we get WC to actually follow through with what they say they are going to do? 

What a Mickey Mouse operation. I will NEVER buy another Wildcard game....ever. If you handed out gold bars with each copy, I still wouldnt. 

Wildcard cannot be trusted. There is zero follow through on anything they do. Most likely Ark 2 will never see light of day. MOST likely, they will release the game and go belly up leaving us with a non playable game with no support.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ferchi said:

If you really got +10k hours you need to remember what happen with the poll's and curiosly you talk about ragna

gigantoraptor was planned for ragnarock and ppl vote for that, and he WON... but we got on the island, then he win and he lost at the same time

with ark is all fake poll, fake dates, fake delays

They promise to much and they stated somany things... but in the end they lied to much and they change all days before

nobody was wanting this actually poll and nobody know if now the gona acept the result of the new poll

now "  If ASE was around for 7-8 years, ASA potentially has the same staying power,"

mmmmm no, they plan ark 2 for the end of 2024.. then they gonna kill ark ASA soon like ark ASE

Yes I really do have over 10k hours in ASE, I started playing way back in the fall of 2015.  Believe you me I have have experienced the disappointments, the lies, the hypocrisy that is WC.  I also know of the empty promises, the lack of transparency and accountability when it came to release dates and delays.  I remember the bs “fixes” known as the flyer nerf, platform saddles not allowing turrets and PSX plants being placed on them.  The countless giga nerfs.  My whole point is that regardless whether you wanted this poll or not, obviously no one wanted it because who wants to vote on a delay, the delay was going to happen regardless.  They could have given us no choice at all and said that the transfers were gonna be delayed until the 28th no matter what without a choice.  That’s a change from before.  Scorched Earth coming out on time with only minor issues at launch (taking away the exploits that are happening now), that is also a change from the past.  The Center being delayed by a day, it’s a day big whoop.

In regards ASA being around awhile, WC has already stated that they are going to leave ASA servers up even after Ark 2 comes out because Ark 2 is quite a bit different from Ark one and they are not sure that a lot of the player base now is going to like Ark 2.  After that whole spiel you end it with “they are planning Ark 2 for the end of 2024”.  We won’t be getting Ark 2 in 2024, not when maps like Crystal Isles, Gen 2 and Fjordur that aren’t slated to be out until next year anyway.  Even when Ark 2 does come out, yeah people will give it a try but if they don’t like it they’re coming back to Ark 1.  Frankly it’s business suicide to put out a follow up product without having any idea if it’s going to hit and shut down the product that has been your bread and butter for the last 8 or 9 years.  So yes, ASA has potentially the same staying power as ASE.  I doubt very seriously that WC and Snail Games are going to sunset ASA whether or not Ark 2 comes out the end of this year or 2025 or 2026 or even 2040( input exaggeration here).  It would be business stupidity.  Not to say that they have been the pinnacle for business sense, but I seriously doubt they would pull a career killing stunt like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

Yes I really do have over 10k hours in ASE, I started playing way back in the fall of 2015.  Believe you me I have have experienced the disappointments, the lies, the hypocrisy that is WC.  I also know of the empty promises, the lack of transparency and accountability when it came to release dates and delays.  I remember the bs “fixes” known as the flyer nerf, platform saddles not allowing turrets and PSX plants being placed on them.  The countless giga nerfs.  My whole point is that regardless whether you wanted this poll or not, obviously no one wanted it because who wants to vote on a delay, the delay was going to happen regardless.  They could have given us no choice at all and said that the transfers were gonna be delayed until the 28th no matter what without a choice.  That’s a change from before.  Scorched Earth coming out on time with only minor issues at launch (taking away the exploits that are happening now), that is also a change from the past.  The Center being delayed by a day, it’s a day big whoop.

In regards ASA being around awhile, WC has already stated that they are going to leave ASA servers up even after Ark 2 comes out because Ark 2 is quite a bit different from Ark one and they are not sure that a lot of the player base now is going to like Ark 2.  After that whole spiel you end it with “they are planning Ark 2 for the end of 2024”.  We won’t be getting Ark 2 in 2024, not when maps like Crystal Isles, Gen 2 and Fjordur that aren’t slated to be out until next year anyway.  Even when Ark 2 does come out, yeah people will give it a try but if they don’t like it they’re coming back to Ark 1.  Frankly it’s business suicide to put out a follow up product without having any idea if it’s going to hit and shut down the product that has been your bread and butter for the last 8 or 9 years.  So yes, ASA has potentially the same staying power as ASE.  I doubt very seriously that WC and Snail Games are going to sunset ASA whether or not Ark 2 comes out the end of this year or 2025 or 2026 or even 2040( input exaggeration here).  It would be business stupidity.  Not to say that they have been the pinnacle for business sense, but I seriously doubt they would pull a career killing stunt like that.

SE was planned for the launch of Ark ASA, and after that they gave us like 4 fake dates for SE, I don't know what you mean with "Scorched Earth coming out on time with only minor issues at launch"

The transfer system was broken, and people lost their characters, bases, and dinos and they also gave us the bad support system, now worst than years ago without support to help in that critical problems

To sum it all up... "But I seriously doubt they would pull a career-killing stunt like that"

Just check the stats the game is really bad in numbers, the hype is gone, and they are killing the new hype more with their bad decisions than ever before, you expect to much, but i dont know why, if all is fake with WC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, CptYarrr said:

All these players wining about servertransfers. Go play unofficials! No hassle, no rollbacks, no drama. 

Smooth experience and great people to play with.

AND.... servertransfers without polls! 🤣🤣🤣

Unofficial servers never last.. people want longevity, they want to keep their items and not have overbearing power hungry admins breathing down their neck for dumb poop like building in areas they don't want people to build in.

While some unofficial servers/communities are great, most are terrible, and ALL unofficials are likely to go offline long before officials do, leaving you with nothing.

I played unofficial for the first couple of years of my Ark experience, Every single community shut down within a year or less, tried again recently and it happened twice more in less than 3 months.

Edited by Sausagedog85
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Ferchi said:

SE was planned for the launch of Ark ASA, and after that they gave us like 4 fake dates for SE, I don't know what you mean with "Scorched Earth coming out on time with only minor issues at launch"

The transfer system was broken, and people lost their characters, bases, and dinos and they also gave us the bad support system, now worst than years ago without support to help in that critical problems

To sum it all up... "But I seriously doubt they would pull a career-killing stunt like that"

Just check the stats the game is really bad in numbers, the hype is gone, and they are killing the new hype more with their bad decisions than ever before, you expect to much, but i dont know why, if all is fake with WC

I know right? And as apposed to the last career-killing stunt they pulled? Haha. I'm surprised they even survived that one. Throwing a very massive amount of the playerbase straight under the bus and backed over them 8, 9, or 43 times.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MibsXX said:

It's costing us all enough now lol, the premium mods will bring them more money, and you do realize that that the "bots" will be the ones most likely to buy the battle pass thing, don't you? They have been cloning duping and selling like crazy so most likely to afford it! Just sayin.. And pay to win seems to be something that Wildcard has tried hard to avoid

Yep, I completely agree with this.

P2W is something that Wildcard is clearly trying to avoid for ASA, survival games do not need any battle passes, digital stores, "bots", or any other kind of P2W crap.

It just doesn't work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2