Recommendations from community

Dday

Current problem with the state of competitive SotF

No one wants to fight in fear that they will be knocked out and lose prize money.

2. The timer needs to be infinite at sudden death. 

3. The primary issue with the game wasnt the fact that no one would fight, its the fact that no one had ammo… explosives are risky and you have to be pretty close to use them.
(solution)

Carno drops are unfair to certain strats on platform should be removed from sudden death.

Add a munitions drop including full or half ammo and a gun at half durability Or decrease the amount of weight needed for ammo.

Hail to the King, remove RPGs you should have to craft them.

Super Loot should only spawn maybe 3 times total through the game. 1st @ 30min 2nd @ sudden death and 3rd @ 30min after sudden death

Add a new event called (Become the Alpha) that increases the amount of damage done to tames like rexs and spinos.

Acid Rain shouldnt happen during sudden death.

Bosses DO NOT fix the problem.
Whoever has large tames will be able to control the area and give an unfair advantage to people that dont fight. (or hail to the king will eliminate the boss as soon as its tamed.)

Tames are WAY too strong compared to tech. Buff dmg to tames w/ guns.

DO NOT SPAM EVENTS!
THIS WILL CHASE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE COMPETITIVE SCENE!

Sincerely, 
Dday and the rest of the SotF competitive community.

Dday, you are talking in general, that does not help. Are you talking about FFA, 2v2 oder 4v4?

No infinite sudden death timer! There should be a way to decrease the sudden death time and give the final match more action. They should implement a reason to attack others in sudden death to end the game. No draw, but with implemented game mechanics. For example loosing 1 HP every second. Or the ring gets even closer to the inner circle of the platform. A cage would be a nice addition. It is no competetive way to have a 1h sudden death where everybody is hiding and afraid of death.

I have a total different view on acid rain in sudden death.It is annoying of course. But it decreases the HP of everyone and you armor is getting damaged. thats a good event to end the game and make people injured. Why not having a permanent acid raid? So players have to interact. Sudden death is a method to end the game.

Why do you think Carnodrops are unfair, because in my opinion Techs and Tamers can deal with it. Also it gives the sudden death some actions. But yes, the carno spam at the tourney to end the game was unfair.

We already have munition drop with the red beacons and superloot. It would not be balanced to get a third one, You have to give advantages to tamers and techers in a balance.

Yes, bosses do not solve problems.

Tames are not too strong compared to tech in gerneral. What exactly do you mean? You can twoshot raptors with a bow. You can nearly blow up a lowlvl rex with just one grenade or two shots with the shotgun.In addition c4 and narcotraps are your friends. Some people crush armys of tames with one grenade and nades are easy to craft.

I am sure you are not speaking for the SotF competitive community. I guess it is just you and your team who died to tames?

The main target should be: Shorten sudden death. Sudden death should not last longer than 5min in my opinion. Make it more deadly in a fair way.

Nice games anyway. Cheers, LX

Archived