Wyvern pvp - which is king ?

King of the skies ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. King of the skies ?

2 hours ago, JessPS4 said:

Lightning is certainly strongest for damage of special ability however fire is faster and the main thing in pvp will be picking so fire can pick someone and move around quicker so I would say fire is best.

I was unaware of the speed advantage. Interesting. 

Got a 140 F and 180 M lightning, so I'll probably just roll with lightning. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JessPS4 said:

however fire is faster

18 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I was unaware of the speed advantage.

Hmmm... maybe he meant attack speed? There are no speed differences between the three original Wyverns (the CristalWyrms are a little smaller and faster) and I didn't read any changes in the Patch notes. 

To OP: You just need to figure out which one you're most comfortable with. I voted for Poison because in PVP it is important to kill the Rider, furthermore their shot covers a good distance and allows you to carry out ambushes or sudden attacks while remaining at a good safe distance, very useful even if you know how to exploit the turret mode... but everything is conditioned by personal abilities, for example I have no affinity with the Lightning Wyrms because I can't aim well and I'm always too slow to "shoot", easier with the Fire Wyrm which has a wider field, but with both I struggle a bit to manage Stamina (and therefore the distribution of points on Stats), while I find myself at ease with Poison where I learned to aim and shoot at the right moments.

Bear in mind that my opinion is not that of a PVPer expert (I mainly play Official PVE and in ASE I completely left out the original Wyverns because I have always preferred the Cristal Blood and Tropical)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 11:42 AM, CervantesMor said:

Hmmm... maybe he meant attack speed? There are no speed differences between the three original Wyverns (the CristalWyrms are a little smaller and faster) and I didn't read any changes in the Patch notes. 

To OP: You just need to figure out which one you're most comfortable with. I voted for Poison because in PVP it is important to kill the Rider, furthermore their shot covers a good distance and allows you to carry out ambushes or sudden attacks while remaining at a good safe distance, very useful even if you know how to exploit the turret mode... but everything is conditioned by personal abilities, for example I have no affinity with the Lightning Wyrms because I can't aim well and I'm always too slow to "shoot", easier with the Fire Wyrm which has a wider field, but with both I struggle a bit to manage Stamina (and therefore the distribution of points on Stats), while I find myself at ease with Poison where I learned to aim and shoot at the right moments.

Bear in mind that my opinion is not that of a PVPer expert (I mainly play Official PVE and in ASE I completely left out the original Wyverns because I have always preferred the Cristal Blood and Tropical)

Maybe I am wrong but fire Wyvern I am pretty sure has a little bit of increased speed over the other wyvern types like Poison, Ice, Lightning.

Edited by JessPS4
fixed spelling

3 hours ago, JessPS4 said:

Maybe I am wrong but fire Wyvern I am pretty sure has a little bit of increased speed over the other wyvern types like Poison, Ice, Lightning.

My poison wyv got killed by a rex while I was underwater getting pearls at blue ob (silly mistake I know), so I've been riding my new fire variant lately.

Haven't noticed any difference in speed but its kind of hard to tell without them both being side by side.

I think I'm coming around to the poison wyv being my favorite. Love the look of it. The snake head is so flipping cool but I really enjoy the fireball attack. It's range is superior to the other breath attacks and you can spam them out nonstop with a good stamina build.

Maybe in a frantic aerial battle the fire or lightning breath attack would be easier to land and can out dps the poison though.

On 5/18/2024 at 4:07 PM, JessPS4 said:

Have you played with the ATJ Creature Addition Mod? If so, in that Mod there is a special Fire Wyrm (SHM-Flaming Wyvern) which should actually be a little faster.

With the group I'm playing with we've already finished Scorchered Heart and moved on, but we did a few races for fun and (although ASA may have introduced some changes but I doubt it) we didn't notice any differences in the original Wyrms.

If you have the opportunity to do a test with someone side by side let us know the outcome, I'm curious because I feel confident in your statement :)

• Thanks 1