Community Crunch 54 and ARK Digest 36!

Jen

• lilpanda unpinned and unfeatured this topic

In regards to having structures automatically removed after 2 weeks of being able to be demolished, I don't think this will necessarily solve the problem. There would be no incentive to destroy old structures and I think you would see even more abandoned structures remaining because everyone would just be waiting for them to disappear instead of actively demolishing them.

Also, if I build a structure and no one demolishes it, no matter how long I've been gone, it should be there if/when I return. Part of the fun is knowing that my structures may be there even after a long time if no one finds it, and, it's also fun to come across old structures from tribes long forgotten on the server, especially when they have loot in them. I think it would take away from the game to automatically remove them. The only thing I would say to apply that type of timer to would be piping and electrical wires since some of those you can only demolish in the air with a platformed quetz.

I think a more practical alternative would be to incentivize players to demolish structures, maybe by giving some experience or 1/3 mats, or both. That way players have a reason to remove old structures other than wanting to build there or trying to remove lag.

• 2 weeks later...