Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

Jatheish

Well this looks rather interesting. Cannot guess the name, but it may have something to do with the mutations.

Secondly, in the first image, we can see 2 strange plant-thingies that look like cactus, so maybe it will live in the new desert biome. Also, in the bottom right image we can see that it is knocked out and there are a few buckets of...narcotics next to the man? Maybe this thing produces narcotics while knocked down? Or maybe they are not narcs, but stimulants, so maybe this thing is kept unconscious with stims instead of narcs?

This looks like a humped, arid climate dwelling creature. Looks like cacti in the one picture, and someone collecting what appears to be water from its unconscious body in another. This, along with the other myserious dino that looked like modern armadillo lizards, I'd say this points towards one of the basic creatures to be introduced in the future 'Desert' biome update. Dino-Camel ftw.

On 6/29/2016 at 6:43 PM, F1nchyStryd3r said:

Looks like a shocked anky with back problems. Bring on the "fall about laughing dino brigade" Geeeez, maybe it can carry my useless fishing rods. Like remember when we didn't know where to get wood until we got dams. So now we can catch coel and salmon. Can't wait til they introduce some other useless item to get cementing paste. >:(

Wut

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, Mootdata said:

Hybrid is my  guess because if you check the patch notes it says random mutations 

Doesn't the random mutations mean like having a baby dino born with basestats that are better or worse than it's parents? Your're not gonna get dinos with down syndrome and difformities...

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, EUArkServer said:

Doesn't the random mutations mean like having a baby dino born with basestats that are better or worse than it's parents? Your're not gonna get dinos with down syndrome and difformities...

Yeah i'm pretty sure random mutations will be regarding stats etc. There is no way they'd be able to model tons of variations of mutations for dinos.

6 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Yeah i'm pretty sure random mutations will be regarding stats etc. There is no way they'd be able to model tons of variations of mutations for dinos.

So this means if you get a male en female both higher stats then a max tamed (120) dino the baby of those 2 can get better aswell? That means you can get better dino's with breading then with taming. 

Edited by Jerku

5 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Will definitly be a great addition! Would be nice to get some more info on what the odds are of getting such random mutations. As a breeder i'm looking forward to it. They should add baby tombstones so we can honor the duds that get slayed. lol

17 minutes ago, Jerku said:

So this means if you get a male en female both higher stats then a max tamed (120) dino the baby of those 2 can get better aswell? That means you can get better dino's with breading then with taming. 

Selective breeding should be more affective than taming, however a new perfect tame might have better stats than your current breeding stock.. So it's not like getting a perfect tamed couple and beeing done with it, there might still be better genes out there in the world. And since they are adding a family tree; inbreeding is most likely gonna have a negative impact on stats.