Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

Jatheish

9 minutes ago, CHESTAH said:

Good find. People just need to do their research. One a huge dino buff and so far all the dinos used in Ark are real. Idk why everyone is assuming that some are just made up. 

you mean like the raptor that was actually 1ft tall or the giga that was smaller than a spino? or the giant beaver maybe? some are made up and out of size.

but it works :)

Alright, let's see if my theory holds out.

We've known we're going to be getting a desert sometime soon. Let's contemplate for a second. Whether this is ARK 2 or not, probably. Next up, Devs confirmed a desert, but also said there aren't going to be many, if not, any more map extensions (like when snow biome hit and extended the map). That being said, it might be an entirely different map or Ark, like The Center.

Next, let's contemplate about the first strange creature, that spined lizard. When it first showed up, almost everybody flipped their lid talking about the "New Desert Boss"....

...There's absolutely no evidence that it's a boss, and that was a theory made by sketchy youtubers like riot and Mau5craft. It's not a boss, and the main evidence is Megapithecus. Before we even knew what it was, we had Megapithecus's dossier, which had the tech-background. Our little spined reptile had no such dossier, but was on a standard dossier page. The Devs only confirmed 1-2 more bosses, a possible fourth aquatic boss, and a final boss after the Dragon. There's no way our "Spinedillo" friend is that final boss.

Now this second strange creature, could possibly be Lotosaurus, but I also see some inconsistancies. That's not exactly a sail on it's back, more along the lines of an "armored sail" or "armored hump". For those that think it's a hybrid mutation, that's not what ark devs mean at all, so you might want to do your research on the game and it's lore. Mutations as in slightly bigger or smaller creatures, or creatures that have an unnaturally good/bad stat for their species, that's what they mean by mutations. I think this second species proves a major theory of ARK I have, the purpose behind it.

I've always viewed the ARK as a sort of ecological preserve, where certain "favored" species are kept, and where humans are tested for their aptitude and "intelligence", basically, putting mankind to the test. All of this done at the whim of an extraterrestrial race. Now, if there is indeed an extraterrestrial race, then that must mean there's more than just our planet with life that isn't sentient on it, correct? Other planets have to have their own kinds of animals, and it appears Araneo proves that. On the topic of new alien species, this may indeed be such a case, with our new friend here and "spinedillo". Yet, then comes another possibility for these three species. We know that the species on ARK have been genetically tampered with. Ankylosaurus, Mammoth, Stegosaurus, T-dominum, and several others are evidence of this, but probably none more than Triceratops styrax, which is confirmed to be a genetic hybrid of Triceratops and Styracosaurus. The Manta, Manta mobula, is also estimated to be another one of these hybrids.

Thus and therefore, there are two explanations I believe are the case for these creatures:

A. Like Araneo may appear to be, these creatures are inhabitants of another world, brought to the ARK for the same reason as all of earth's creatures.

B. The aliens might have just pulled Indominus Rex, by combining the genes of favored species together to make new animals, as it appears they have done with Araneo, Triceratops, and Manta. I believe that this might be the reason why our armored friend and spinedillo look so similar: maybe we see their predecessors within, the animals whose genomes were used to make them?...

It's anybody's guess, and that's why I freaking love the ARK devs for such fascinating lore.

I can't believe what some people think the word "mutation" means. You'd think a bunch of dino fans would have a better grasp on evolutionary vocabulary. 

I do hope we get a desert biome on The Island, rather than another map as others have speculated. With procedurally generated ARKs in the future plans, I don't see the point of the devs investing time into creating another static map. That being said, I'm not quite sure where they'd stick the desert at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Wobbey said:

I can't believe what some people think the word "mutation" means. You'd think a bunch of dino fans would have a better grasp on evolutionary vocabulary. 

I do hope we get a desert biome on The Island, rather than another map as others have speculated. With procedurally generated ARKs in the future plans, I don't see the point of the devs investing time into creating another static map. That being said, I'm not quite sure where they'd stick the desert at this point. 

I think it would be great if there was a desert map on the island! However like you said, don't know where they would put it. Maybe they would just add on a whole new area? Don't really know but that would be awesome. 

Edit: xD I totally read the second part of your comment wrong and thought you said don't put on the island. Doesn't really matter anyways. 

Common Name: Iguanadonisaur
Species: half Jat half Carbonemus
Time: Primordial
Diet: Herbivore
Temperament: Dosile

Wild

Likes to pose and flex muscles on the beach, sleeps at nightfall while floating in the shallows

Domesticated

Will bully and annoy your tames, asserting his/her dominance, will stink your house out with there tendancy to leave scent marks.

-----------------------------

5 hours ago, DeanSlater said:

you mean like the raptor that was actually 1ft tall or the giga that was smaller than a spino? or the giant beaver maybe? some are made up and out of size.

but it works :)

Uuuuuh, no. Utah raptor is the raptor in game, and it is the correct size. you are thinking of Velociraptor. AND FOR THE LAST TIME, MUTATIONS ARE NOT CROSSBREEDS. It is stuff like stats and other changes when breeding, not completely impossible breeds happening for the sake of new creatures.

13 hours ago, FearThePotato said:

Lotosaurus  

dating to theAnisian stage of the early Middle Triassic, about 245-237 million years ago

Lotosaurus was 1.5 to 2.5 m (4.9 to 8.2 ft) long and a heavily built quadruped. It was a herbivore, shearing off leaves with its toothless, beaked jaws. Lotosaurus, like some other members of the Poposauroidea, had a sail on its back, granting it an appearance superficially similar to that of Permian pelycosaurs like Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus, although not as high.

Dang it you beat me to it lol. I'm going to say judging from dossier scraps that you can store water in the sail/hump maybe go so far as to say it generates water from eating - hmu wild card lol