Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

Jatheish

52 minutes ago, Mootdata said:

Hybrid is my  guess because if you check the patch notes it says random mutations 

I'm pretty sure "random mutations" means that babies can have completely different stat values from parents, not that you'll be able to cross breed unrelated species. That, at the very least, requires advancement to Tek tier.

i think that if they add the desert,this would be useful like a camel, that it can store water (not sure if this is 100% true but thats what people thought for a while, whatever just go with it) when this animal is killed, you could get water from it, or when you tame it, it can store water for your later use. 

Well, it doesn't matter what it actually is or resembles since the dinos in this game have invented abilities. Examples being dimetrodon is an air conditioner, lystrosaur is a teacher, quetzal is a flying RV. So it's really just a drawing without a written explanation, the subject being anyone's guess.

The dude in the picture could be milking nitroglycerin and skittles from it for all we know. XP

Really think these mysterious dossiers are tied in with the upcoming desert area (wherever that may be) even the background to this image looks deserty. As for the creature I have no idea. The camel - water storage idea seems likely. Weirdly it looks half buried to me in the bottom right image. I feel like that's important for some reason. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, CeaselessFish said:

Really think these mysterious dossiers are tied in with the upcoming desert area (wherever that may be) even the background to this image looks deserty. As for the creature I have no idea. The camel - water storage idea seems likely. Weirdly it looks half buried to me in the bottom right image. I feel like that's important for some reason. 

Not sure it looks half buried. Maybe looks like its unconscious/being tamed?

6 hours ago, FearThePotato said:

Lotosaurus  

dating to theAnisian stage of the early Middle Triassic, about 245-237 million years ago

Lotosaurus was 1.5 to 2.5 m (4.9 to 8.2 ft) long and a heavily built quadruped. It was a herbivore, shearing off leaves with its toothless, beaked jaws. Lotosaurus, like some other members of the Poposauroidea, had a sail on its back, granting it an appearance superficially similar to that of Permian pelycosaurs like Dimetrodon and Edaphosaurus, although not as high.

Lotosaurus looks too reptilian and turtle-like this looks to have a skull something closer to any ankylo.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, CeaselessFish said:

Look closer. The ground around the outside of the creature is clearly raised. It's been purposefully drawn like that. Like it's in a shallow hole or something. 

Yeah I had noticed the edging around the creature. But something just tells me it's not indicating it's half buried.