No more help from Devs for us?

madfretter

Another tribe on my server  lost their GIga to a game glitch and was told there wasn't help for them

Let me paint a story for you:

A 2 man tribe works for months to  save up the kibble and materials to tame a giga. They finally get their giga, only to have it disappear 2 days later  from inside thier walls, most likely it's under the map. So after reading all the posts about how WC helped people with issues they contact WC hoping to get their Giga back. The email response from WC.... "No, we cannot replace your dino and no we cannot come on to the server to check under the map for you."  I didn't believe it until I read the email myself. 

What gives guys?

If WC investigated every instance of this happening the game would never get finished. It's pre-release so expect these sorts of things to happen. It sucks, I know, but until the game is officially released these kinds of things will continue to happen. 

My advice for Giga taming, skip the kibble and just use Prime. The taming bonus is practically useless on Giga's as is the level of it. A 120 isn't much more powerful than a 20. 

7 minutes ago, Davamon said:

If WC investigated every instance of this happening the game would never get finished. It's pre-release so expect these sorts of things to happen. It sucks, I know, but until the game is officially released these kinds of things will continue to happen. 

It would be simple if they just hired some official server admins (they give away $40-$60k a month to SOTF winners, they could pay some college kid 1/4 of that to do it)

8 minutes ago, Davamon said:

My advice for Giga taming, skip the kibble and just use Prime. The taming bonus is practically useless on Giga's as is the level of it. A 120 isn't much more powerful than a 20. 

There is a WORLD of difference as far as kibble vs Prime taming goes on Giga's --- Melee damage being the main reason...

I've seen 150 Kibble Tamed Giga's get up with 120%+ Melee damage in comparison to a Prime lv 20 tamed Giga that gets up with 40%

2 hours ago, DeanSlater said:

Why did it take a team of two months?

Gigas get snapped up pretty quick on my server, this tribe isn't on very often, so it was hard to find one.

I'm solo and I had a giga on the center in less that 3 weeks.

congrats?

The game isnt finished. This and many other glitches will happen over and over again. We just gotta accept that we're lucky to even be playing it.

Yes the game isn't finished, but they got alot of money from us "testers" and a certain amount of respect should be had.

In any case, my friends left the game. I was going to raise them a Giga, but my character was glitch thrown through the map while I was carrying the egg to the hatchery and I lost it. Yay.

38 minutes ago, madfretter said:

In any case, my friends left the game. I was going to raise them a Giga, but my character was glitch thrown through the map while I was carrying the egg to the hatchery and I lost it. Yay.

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm thinking! I lost 3 Gigas already... And Wildcard didn't sell this game only because they need testers...! What a thought. 

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Vonpritz said:

You didn't buy access to a game. If you did you ignored multiple warnings.

Technically everyone bought access to a game. Regardless of whether it is EA or not, they paid money and got "access" to the game. I'm not defending anyone, I understand there are plenty of warnings about what people should expect when buying the game, but they did buy access to a game.

On 25/06/2016 at 9:10 PM, madfretter said:

Another tribe on my server  lost their GIga to a game glitch and was told there wasn't help for them

A 2 man tribe works for months to  save up the kibble and materials to tame a giga. They finally get their giga, only to have it disappear 2 days later  from inside thier walls, most likely it's under the map. So after reading all the posts about how WC helped people with issues they contact WC hoping to get their Giga back. The email response from WC.... "No, we cannot replace your dino and no we cannot come on to the server to check under the map for you."  I didn't believe it until I read the email myself. 

What gives guys?

You lost pixels and a bit of time in an ALPHA game.  The devs aren't nannies.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:10 AM, madfretter said:

What gives guys?

1. Was this an official server? If not you can't get help to replace things from WC's support ticket system for unofficial servers. They only handle official servers in which case you need to contact the owner of the private server.

2. I can promise you that wasn't the response you got from a support ticket in those words. Period.  Zen Desk handles their support and they do not respond like that.

I think you're leaving out details of the situation that perhaps shed light on the story a bit more?

I lost a quetz the other day to a known issue where if you leave a bird on passive, in the air, and jump down, sometimes they disappear. I knew about it, and I took the risk, and I got really, really unlucky. She was my first (solo player, so had to do the harrowing grappling hook/ptero/spyglass/pray tactic) and this was a grievous loss. 

I submitted a ticket, gave screenshots, times, descriptions, all the 9 yards, and they just got back to me saying they can't do anything unless she was visible, stuck in a wall somewhere. So, basically, sorry, she's gone. 

What this didn't get me was my beloved quetzal back, and she will be missed terribly. What it DID do, was give them valuable data to fix this issue so hopefully it doesn't happen again. Bugs happen. That's just the way it goes. They always will, on this game and every other. Early access means that they haven't yet ironed the worst ones out, but they're trying. 

So if this happens to you, or something similar, it sucks. But please, give the devs every scrap of info you can so they have more data to combat these issues. Also, give them your patience. They're trying, and there is no way they could hire as many testers as there are of us, giving them data before release. Simply my logging issues or even playing on their servers provides data, keep that in mind.

And if you're really broken up about it, build a gravestone in their honor, it will give you some sense of purpose and memory other than "the 0's and 1's took it away!"

I was in the island map with my beloved spinosaur Bubble, looking for sea red drops,  i eat all the dinos near to safely take the drop, it was at 10 - 10, the zone in the sea with snow and icebergs, i dismounted to get a red droop, as always the spinosaur go to the surface like a bubble, i take the item and swim up,  but i can't see my spinosaur at the surface, it disappear. 

The dev Urso, come, join my tribe, teleported  and check the area, the spino was missing, he only could confirm my suspect, the dino was "eaten"  by the iceberg island.  

So now they know these thing could happen, maybe they work to avoid these bug. The island render and the spino was inside and deleted.  He didnt give my spino back but at least they show interest and enter to the server to chek. 

One day i have one Plesiosaur trapped in one aquatic cave, the WC admin enter to the game when i wasn't online, but he take the plesio out of the cave and leave it in one of our aquatic base in safety.  He save it and send me a screenshot with the coordinates.  So as far as i know they do all they can to help us. 

8 hours ago, Andreauru said:

I was in the island map with my beloved spinosaur Bubble, looking for sea red drops,  i eat all the dinos near to safely take the drop, it was at 10 - 10, the zone in the sea with snow and icebergs, i dismounted to get a red droop, as always the spinosaur go to the surface like a bubble, i take the item and swim up,  but i can't see my spinosaur at the surface, it disappear. 

The dev Urso, come, join my tribe, teleported  and check the area, the spino was missing, he only could confirm my suspect, the dino was "eaten"  by the iceberg island.  

So now they know these thing could happen, maybe they work to avoid these bug. The island render and the spino was inside and deleted.  He didnt give my spino back but at least they show interest and enter to the server to chek. 

One day i have one Plesiosaur trapped in one aquatic cave, the WC admin enter to the game when i wasn't online, but he take the plesio out of the cave and leave it in one of our aquatic base in safety.  He save it and send me a screenshot with the coordinates.  So as far as i know they do all they can to help us. 

That the spino goes up should be fixed now as I saw in the latest major update ??

23 hours ago, Novarae said:

1. Was this an official server? If not you can't get help to replace things from WC's support ticket system for unofficial servers. They only handle official servers in which case you need to contact the owner of the private server.

Yes, this is an offical server.

2. I can promise you that wasn't the response you got from a support ticket in those words. Period.  Zen Desk handles their support and they do not respond like that.

Firstly, the wording doesn't matter if the end result was still them not helping to first this. I apologize for streamlining the post.  But if you really need to know the first response was " We are unable to replace dinosaurs for you." and then my friend asked if they could come on and see if it is stuck in the ground... To which they responded with " We are unable to offer assistance in this instance."

Either way, no help was given and my server lost another tribe.  The time lost and tribes lost are what really sucks.

Archived