[+TUTORIAL+] Set up web notifications properly to receive e-mails

Tom

Can someone confirm that web notifications are still working?

I am not able to set them up on my new servers. Had them working on my old servers. But now the server does not invoke the script. If i invoke it via browser, it works just as it should and sends out email and posts to discord. If i trigger a notification in ARK, nothing happens, the script isn't even called.

I use ASM and everything is exactly the same as on my old server. It's in fact the very same machine in the very same network. I checked if the server is launched with -webalarm and it is, i also checked if ASM created the credential file correctly and it did.

I am completely out of ideas. So i guess they just don't work anymore?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Blach said:

How do we set this up for official servers? I am looking into integrating this with slack/discord.

On official servers it's handled by survivetheark.com. Go into your account settings and associate your steam account with your survivetheark.com account. Then go to the notification settings in your profile "ARK In-Game" is for web notifiactions. You can turn them on and off there.

If you want to integrate with discord you need to parse the notifications you get from survivetheark and forward them to discord. But it's not really worth it as web notifications are very limited. You only get trip wire and baby hatch notifications. Baby hatch is useless because you want to be online before the baby hatches, not later.

I made a tool to get the whole tribe log posted to discord, but it works only for unofficial:

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived