Arkman Server pvp X 10 fresh Wipe 6/1/17 Island

ArkMan

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

despite the current alpha tribe being made up of the remaining people who have been on this server from the start, the admin still does double resource weekends to help new players build up fast, also spawns in high level dinos and places decent items in their inventory for little events that anyone or tribe can win, and is always clearing abandoned bases from players who have come and gone, as well as spawning in dinos everyday since spawns seem to stop every so often.

On 14/04/2016 at 10:38 PM, BigOrangeBalls7 said:

Viva la resistance!

Join me as I dismantle the "alpha tribe".  Fear no more!   Tribes of Arkman, together we will take down these tyrants.  I will lead you all to Valhalla where you will celebrate victory with virgins and cheap whiskey!   The Resistance will prevail!  

So much for this promise. Gone after the first day LOL

On 18/04/2016 at 5:22 PM, Justin412 said:

Dumbest server out there. Want to join a server where 90% of the players are in the same tribe? Maybe you'll enjoy it then. Lame.

Where do you get 90% from? The server peaked at 32 yesterday and the tribe with "90% of players" only had 4 people on. I take it your the person who cried a few days ago about one tribe having about 9 people in it. I'd love to see how you'd handle PC servers where average tribes probably have about 15 people.

I'm hopping off the server, it's been fun but time to go do other stuff. But i will give my honest review.

i've been on this server since 2 weeks after it went up, played solo then joined with "Alpha Legion" which was the alpha tribe at the time, after they kicked me from the tribe i talked to the admin and he convinced me to stay and get my revenge, which i did by killing all of their dinos and drowning their giga's using rockets and an argentavis. (it is possible to take down an alpha tribe with one person, i'm proof of that) after this, they left the server and the admin took a vote of the players and we decided to start over.

2nd server - about a month of everyone playing nice, pretty much straight PVE the tribe "Seven Sins" went on the attack to remind everyone that this server was PVP not PVE, which started a war with 3 alpha tribes "Elite, Ragnar, and Seven Sins" which really opened up everyone's pvp experience. I left ragnar to join elite since my tribe didn't really play anymore, and the war shifted to Elite vs Seven Sins. The PVP battles where massive, i'm talking 4 v 3 battlequetz, gigas vs gigas, mosa vs mosa argies, snipers, rockets all happeneing at the same time (really showed the potential of the game) until the day Seven Sins mounted a HUGE assault on elite which ended up crashing the server, and a race to see which tribe could log on first (which was Elite) when the server came back up. Prompting Seven Sins to upload their dinos and leave the server due to the lag and server crashes whenever the 2 alpha tribes fought. This and the almost 0 spawn rate of wild dinos resulted in the server being wiped again.

3rd Server - After the second server Elite became the tribe "omega" which had all of the remaining people who played since the 1st server, and the admin changed the rules of the server to essentially the wild west, all pvp all the time except for the volcano. and as such the admin joined omega so he could actually play the game, until this point the server admin had been a hermit on the volcano, running the server, hosting events, etc. and now he wanted some pvp. The server was left opened for a time, the population grew, and gave rise to a few decent tribes, including one twitch streamer who had promised some major pvp. Unfortunately this streamer told the entire server about an exploit inwhich you can duplicate items in your solo world and bring over to this server. The admin gave the ok for items not dinos to be duplicated in hopes that even the solo tribes would build to a large scale, even went as far as to make the server PVE so that "Omega" couldn't attack anyone (which we wanted to on several occasions) But nearing the end of the 2 week PVE period admins where given admin commands, resulting on the admin leaving omega and going back to being a hermit on the hill. However another issue returned... spawns where on the decline, forcing the admin to literally fly around the map spawning in dinos just to keep dinos on the map. which everyone could see what dinos where being spawned since the admin commands would show up in chat. and the day before PVE was turned off i decided to go find one of the wild gigas and lure it to another tribes base, and as can be expected the wild giga ate all 12 of this tribes gigas and 4 quetz's, which caused them to essentially quit the server, resulting in the streamers tribe also quiting. leaving omega with way to much to ever be challanged. Which then promted another server reset.

4th Server - Server was reset, no one kept anything, not even levels, everyone started from scratch, admin gave every tribe a forge and does events where he spawns in dinos every now and then ( Quetz event he spawns in alot of random level quetz and 1 120 at a random location) however Omega who is now "Blood Bath and Beyond" focused on building and taming, and stayed out of most pvp until the main base was completed, repelling the few attacks that did happen. and has resumed their title as the "Alpha Tribe".

and that brings you to now.

all in all this server is a great server, the admin does favor "Blood Bath and Beyond" but not in a spawning stuff in for them (they have 15 players who know pretty much everything about this game up to patch) but favor as in they have been here since the beginning. 

If you are looking for a good server with a great admin, this is definitely the server to play on, as long as you can handle pvp that is :)  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived