ARK Trip Wire and Baby Notifications

Jatheish

On 10/16/2016 at 3:06 PM, Burnz said:

@devs

Make this an API and let the community finish this feature for you.

Been how many months and still can't do custom stuff with it.

You can on your own server - WildCard have expressed concern for abuse of an API in regards to:  for reasons of websecurity and site performance, we can not handle the web notifications for unofficial servers. So we have exposed the system for custom use, if anyone wants to write a basic web service  -

To handle alarm web notifcations on a custom server, you have to start your server with "-webalarm" and have a valid AlarmPostCredentials.txt in your Saved/ folder. AlarmPostCredentials.txt is a text file that contains two lines of data. The first line is a web api key and the other is the url to use.

e.g., /ShooterGame/Saved/AlarmPostCredentials.txt
01234abcedf01234abcedf
https://mywebsite.com/index.php?myowncustom=thing&another=thing

Note: You don't actually have to handle a valid key on webservice side if you don't want to but you will still have to have something inside this file.

The server will make a HTTP POST with "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" data that includes key, steamid, title, and message.

e.g., key=01234abcedf01234abcedf&steamid=0000000000001234&notetitle=Example%2BTitle&message=Example+Message

Edited by Eps

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2016 at 3:46 PM, Thalantyr said:

How do you go about getting the notifications to your phone? I've linked up my Steam account, changed most of the settings on the STA forums. I receive notifications in my browsers but haven't got the slightest idea how to make it come through to my mobile. Do I need to download an STA app or is it done through Steam somehow?

Thank you.

Hi there. Just wondering if there was an easier way to make this work other than via email? I have a personal email address but it gets so much spam that I'd prefer not to turn on any push notification settings for it. Is there a way to ONLY make ARK emails give me push notifications on an iPhone? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I should imagine on consoles non official servers would be too hard for baby's etc because settings can all be different... however I see no reason why on officials on consoles why there wouldn't be the possibility of an xbox message possibly (and those with smart glass etc would then get the push notifications that way)

As a work around we use the SA companion app to work it out allow a 30 minute window and just set a phone alarm for hatching birthing and imprints...

I think trip wires should be invisible to the naked eye unless perhaps by some high end super vision goggles maybe and should not be damage able that way on pvp or pve you would have a realistic chance of saving ur base and tames from enemy be it player or Dino.... the ability to create a trip alarm border around ur base so that anything that goes over it or even flys above it sends an in game notification and tribe log would be great although sounds possible with ten tier coming...

Who changed the baby notification sound and why?!  I loved the raptor screech, it was unique and definitely notified me that something was happening. Now it's just some totally generic iPhone-esque tone which is easily drowned out by other sounds coming through my speakers. 

I've looked for a place to change it back to the raptor but I can't find any options. Am I just blindly missing it?? 

On 12/23/2016 at 3:45 PM, Scotty8319 said:

Who changed the baby notification sound and why?!  I loved the raptor screech, it was unique and definitely notified me that something was happening. Now it's just some totally generic iPhone-esque tone which is easily drowned out by other sounds coming through my speakers. 

I've looked for a place to change it back to the raptor but I can't find any options. Am I just blindly missing it?? 

Still hoping some one knows about this. I can't seem to find any place to change the notification sound back to the raptor. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 3:45 PM, Scotty8319 said:

So still no word on this? The change was unnecessary and not wanted by all of your playerbase. Is there an option to change it back?

On 6/23/2016 at 3:28 PM, Zenos said:

Will or how is this alert notification going to function on XBox One? Will this push thru the Xbox messages?

Would love to also see this. Was also wondering how this message would appear. Even a push message from the xbox app on mobile devices possibly? I get ark messages there alot and feel it's a good suggestion. Looking forward to see this come to console.

• Chris locked this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic