ARK Trip Wire and Baby Notifications

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors,

With Patch 243 we were able to unveil a new feature that will work as an ARK Notification system. Official Server players will be able to be notified when their trip-wires have been set off or their babies have hatched/been birthed via the ARK Alarm system on our Community Hub and  through their own email (which you can of course use to get push notifications straight to your phone!)

To get this enabled for you, all you'll need to do is make sure you're signed up to:

https://survivetheark.com/

From here, ensure that your STEAM ACCOUNT is linked to your COMMUNITY ACCOUNT (or register via your STEAM ACCOUNT).

And then head into your notifications menu, which you'll see on the right hand side of this menu:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/settings/

and make sure you've enabled your how you would like to be notified.

Please note that this will only work if you're in a tribe!

You'll get the message in the email as

"ARK In Game Notification"

Hope you enjoy the feature! 

Oh wow I thought someone made a forum post that my baby had been born and I'm like "wut".

Is there more features planned on this? Such as "your baby has run out of food" would be really useful for me. Rather than the hatching since a lot of small dinos will die in the 5 minutes it takes to log in to the server.

Very exciting to see more features on this and what else can be done for PVE users, as long as it doesn't hurt the server performance. :)

10 hours ago, courtx said:

Oh wow I thought someone made a forum post that my baby had been born and I'm like "wut".

Is there more features planned on this? Such as "your baby has run out of food" would be really useful for me. Rather than the hatching since a lot of small dinos will die in the 5 minutes it takes to log in to the server.

Very exciting to see more features on this and what else can be done for PVE users, as long as it doesn't hurt the server performance. :)

This.  Maybe they could give a 5 or 10 minute pre warning instead ? :)

Good job WC, love your product

Tribe size -- how many members is required to make it be a tribe?  At the start it will probably be only my son and me and we will be on our own server.   We don't know if we will open it up later on for some others to join.  I highly doubt that if we would and there would be no raiding or war, but for someone who wanted to build a farm, just raise dinos, take on wild dinos or explore for the fun of playing; he might be willing.  I am a social person and he is borderline agoraphobic and has social anxiety. 

Not that he doesn't enjoy fighting when it is necessary; he does fighting/battles in other games, single and online multi-player, but he knows I'm not into that. 

• Volunteer Moderator
59 minutes ago, Janna3921 said:

Tribe size -- how many members is required to make it be a tribe?  At the start it will probably be only my son and me and we will be on our own server.   We don't know if we will open it up later on for some others to join.  I highly doubt that if we would and there would be no raiding or war, but for someone who wanted to build a farm, just raise dinos, take on wild dinos or explore for the fun of playing; he might be willing.  I am a social person and he is borderline agoraphobic and has social anxiety. 

Not that he doesn't enjoy fighting when it is necessary; he does fighting/battles in other games, single and online multi-player, but he knows I'm not into that. 

A Tribe can be as small as a 1-Man Tribe. Just create a tribe and your are officially a tribe.

On 6/24/2016 at 0:04 AM, Jat said:

Hello Survivors,

With Patch 243 we were able to unveil a new feature that will work as an ARK Notification system. Official Server players will be able to be notified when their trip-wires have been set off or their babies have hatched/been birthed via the ARK Alarm system on our Community Hub and  through their own email (which you can of course use to get push notifications straight to your phone!)

To get this enabled for you, all you'll need to do is make sure you're signed up to:

https://survivetheark.com/

From here, ensure that your STEAM ACCOUNT is linked to your COMMUNITY ACCOUNT (or register via your STEAM ACCOUNT).

And then head into your notifications menu, which you'll see on the right hand side of this menu:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/settings/

and make sure you've enabled your how you would like to be notified.

Please note that this will only work if you're in a tribe!

You'll get the message in the email as

"ARK In Game Notification"

Hope you enjoy the feature! 

this is great I have a notification saying my baby hatched. but it's just...hatched. no pre warning. by the time we log on it could have been very well dead.

logically this isn't really feasible. could be inaccurate as well because when babies are born they have a window where they need not eat because of the nutrients provided from the egg (or the ambiblical cord how ever you spell that)

if we can have that window for like 30 mins or so it'll be much better.

thanks jat it's a great feature :)

On 6/28/2016 at 0:27 PM, Loot said:

So its been asked several times...but seems to be being ignored....so I will ask again. How does this feature work with Xbox Live, since we do not have steam accounts.

On 7/2/2016 at 9:26 AM, Casanova said:

It doesn't.

Understood, but, is this because of a technical issue or because it would require a linking of your XBL Gamertag? I can imagine a system is possible, and I was super excited for this feature, yet it seems that one will try to figure out a work around now. You realize people who have both the XB1 version and PC version will look into a work around though I doubt they will find one?

Edited by ZoeS17
Added previous quote for clarity

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2016 at 9:21 AM, HiImZech said:

this is great I have a notification saying my baby hatched. but it's just...hatched. no pre warning. by the time we log on it could have been very well dead.

logically this isn't really feasible. could be inaccurate as well because when babies are born they have a window where they need not eat because of the nutrients provided from the egg (or the ambiblical cord how ever you spell that)

if we can have that window for like 30 mins or so it'll be much better.

thanks jat it's a great feature

Could also be more feasible that if you left the mother on wonder, that she would care for the baby for x period of time before we show up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you go about getting the notifications to your phone? I've linked up my Steam account, changed most of the settings on the STA forums. I receive notifications in my browsers but haven't got the slightest idea how to make it come through to my mobile. Do I need to download an STA app or is it done through Steam somehow?

Thank you.

Has anyone tested this on this forum and official servers? Are the notifications for The center always correct? Is the level and dinotype contained in each message?

On private servers, unfortunately there is still an issue that about 50% of the messages sent from The Center and Scorched servers aren't correct. The level and dinotype is missing. Reporting it in this forum and as a ticket doesn't help anything...they simply ignore it.

So my last hope is that the officials have this problem too, then it will get fixed some time ^^

• Chris locked this topic
  • Jen unpinned this topic