v358.17  - 09/29/2023 - Minor version - Anyone have a clue what this does?

DirkInSA

Does anyone have a clue what this update actually does? I saw a post in the CC announcements thread that a console guy, after install of the patch, could no longer see ANY (including un-official) servers in the server browser? Maybe needless paranoia on my part - but I am busy with a backup of Ark install directory before allowing the update to go ;) 

Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: v358.17

v358.17  - 09/29/2023 - Minor version for servers

• Evolved Sequence Completed : Ascension Imminent : ARK Survival Ascended Respawn Timer Initiated : Recharge Mode Engaged : Sleep well, Survivors, Nighty Night x :

Files changes are only: Version .txt (expected - yes bumped CLIENT several subversions from .7 to .17), ShooterGame.exe (this got bigger by 90k), it's attendant debug file, ShooterGameServer.exe (this shrank by 100k) and its attendant debug file.
So limited to actual code changes. But I still dunno what it actually does.

On PS it was not just a minor serverside patch but also an unmentioned (in the patch notes) client patch wich is wrecking the server search.
When changing session filter to "Favourites" the program can't find anything anymore (obvious since it always was broken and only gave official favourites) and you need to leave the menu to break the endless "searching..." loop before you can change it to Unofficial or (non)dedicated.
However, when you return to the serverlist and chance the filter to any of the valid options the program is ignoring refresh and keeps giving the instant message "No sessions found!"

Not a biggy cuz just restarting the game fixed the problem, but again... WC, can you for a change please please PLEASE test what you are doing before you make it final? I know you don't give crap about consoles but you still do take our money.

6 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Well, it totally destroyed our Gen2 server including all backups so I lost EVERYTHING. Bye bye years of breeding..... Thanks WC nice minor update!

Mmmm - after waiting all morning for zip's of the various directories to finish, I done both the Client and Sever update - and my server started Ok and was playable.

Yes the "official" network no longer shows - but that is expected.

I did not specifically run Gen2 - but The Island worked OK.

8 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Mmmm - after waiting all morning for zip's of the various directories to finish, I done both the Client and Sever update - and my server started Ok and was playable.

Yes the "official" network no longer shows - but that is expected.

I did not specifically run Gen2 - but The Island worked OK.

Our cluster of servers runs every map. Gen2 was the only one destroyed.