ARK's Catch of the Day!

Jatheish

1 hour ago, Torkkar said:

I hope we get the option of a Fishing pole, OR a Casting Net, OR just tying a fiber Rope to a Spear and go Harpooning stuff. other wise fishing's going to feel a bit lame and I love fishing in survival games so much so I like many options in how I do it.

Fishing Pole & Reel = good for single larger fish

Casting Nets = good for catching many small fish at once

Harpoon Spear & rope = good for Ride-able sea beasts + Really big fish like max sized Coelacanth & hauling them in

hope the devs see this idea for fishing

tek tier whaling ship.

Their goes moby sausage lets be after him.

On 21/06/2016 at 6:19 PM, Reese33 said:

no just no

whaling ships are never a good idea unless your a sick monster

Reese I've got Satan in my name that should give you a clue as to what kind of gamer i am let me emphasize gamer cause although id hunt an skin every moasasuar an plesiosaur i can catch on ark.

If i ran into an actual whaling ship in real life id sink the frigging thing an drown every man who survived the only thing killing whales is other animals and old age after all we no longer need whale fat for lightning an the only reason whales are been killed for now is herbal medicine which dont do jack.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:30 AM, SatansPegasus said:

Reese I've got Satan in my name that should give you a clue as to what kind of gamer i am let me emphasize gamer cause although id hunt an skin every moasasuar an plesiosaur i can catch on ark.

If i ran into an actual whaling ship in real life id sink the frigging thing an drown every man who survived the only thing killing whales is other animals and old age after all we no longer need whale fat for lightning an the only reason whales are been killed for now is herbal medicine which dont do jack.

its actually Natural Medicine Herbal medicine means a single or multiple PLANTS are used in the medicine while Natural Medicine can contain Animal organs, Liquid Tissues, and even Excrement.

secondly Japan still has a thriving Whale meat Market its their Pork, think from their view Pigs if they escape can Devastate an ecosystem look at Australia's Feral Pigs Japan being smaller would rather limit their Ranching to the Kobe Region, so for them Whales are an Economical food stuff they require NO LAND to raise, no FOOD to grow, and no BREEDING by human hands, and the Meat is rather nutritious for humans and the o8il is used for other purposes than lamp oil.

now I'm not in favor of hunting Whales I'd do the same as the guy I'm quoting I'm saying get your terminology and the reasons right when you say to hate something. the more you know eh? :3

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Oh it's much more than that -- fishing has a very specific benefit to the kinds of resources you'll be able to get from harvesting the captured fish, in order to make it worth the time expenditure ;)

First of all, I was lucky to be quoted by the King himself, and that just makes me more excited for it.HYPE!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, Nyrang said:

Now all we need is a Fishing Trophy Base for our biggest catches. I've seen some nice looking 3x Coel that'd look nice on my wall :P

I love this Idea!!! Make it so!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:51 PM, killenjoke said:

now you guys will have to add more fish and give us something to do with the fish we catch.... Aquarium anyone?

Yes PLEASE!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, vanbret said:

As long as I can catch a megalodon and rule the ocean

Impossible without a MASSIVE tek tier type fishing pole/boat... but still sounds fun as hell

EVEN THO I believe they should be working on bug/lag issues and not adding more into the game... I think this is a GREAT addition to the game...

Keep up the great work WC