ARK's Catch of the Day!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.GoneFishin.jpg

Coming this July to an ARK near you!

Hello Survivors!

As the ARK continues to evolve throughout it's development process, something we've wanted to do is to make sure that we're able to introduce new features and gameplay mechanics that are not only beneficial and enjoyable to you as survivors, but also add to your immersive experience. Better grab your gear cause this July you'll be able to take to the seas and try your hand at catching a fish! ;)

View full article

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, ManoWar said:

I think that Killenjoke and Nyrang have interesting ideas, and I support the thought of them, also this is going to add more of the Primitve to modern to futuristic feel for the game, and this wil be a fun way to get fish instead of having to chase them underwater and potentinally drown due to stamina.

Oh it's much more than that -- fishing has a very specific benefit to the kinds of resources you'll be able to get from harvesting the captured fish, in order to make it worth the time expenditure ;)

I would suggest, that with this update you allow the fish to spawn even when there are structures near. Now I wouldn't say get rid of structures stopping the fish spawns entirely, but perhaps just lower the radius in which it stops the fish from spawning.

I suggest this as it would allow people to make docks that would be great for fishing. I know, I for one love making docks on my a lot of my house builds.

7 minutes ago, Fixthegame said:

Yeah...Great... Tek Tier?

Tek Tier?

There's Halo for that. Saw the new models for the Tek Tier, no immersion whatsoever with a Dino Island theme.

Who wants Tek Tier when you can go out fishing???

Fishing, yes please.

"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Edited by NukeZX

I hope we get the option of a Fishing pole, OR a Casting Net, OR just tying a fiber Rope to a Spear and go Harpooning stuff. other wise fishing's going to feel a bit lame and I love fishing in survival games so much so I like many options in how I do it.

Fishing Pole & Reel = good for single larger fish

Casting Nets = good for catching many small fish at once

Harpoon Spear & rope = good for Ride-able sea beasts + Really big fish like max sized Coelacanth & hauling them in

hope the devs see this idea for fishing