Favorite map and why?

azureskies1

For awhile it was Rag. But i been replaying on The Center lately, out of nostalgia, and i have a renewed appreciation for that map. 

It may be an unpopular choice, but as a tamer/breeder, i can't ignore the amount of high level spawns on it, and imo, it appears as an "improved" version of  the core Island experience, and the map is extremely large with plenty of base building options.

The only thing i would possibly change about it is adding wyverns, griffins, and other map based spawns, but that is debatable, since it could possibly detract from the old "early ark" experience that TC seems to provide, at least to me anyway. It is what it is

On 10/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, Countrydude89 said:

For awhile it was Rag. But i been replaying on The Center lately, out of nostalgia, and i have a renewed appreciation for that map. 

I really loved that map too. During the early days of Ark I was on Scorch. When I played the game years later I did all maps / all boss and we made an outpost near green to do the Arena. Was fun to discover the map.

The problem I have will all old maps is the lack of a way to farm elemental shards. They should put nodes on all maps to make it even.

Edited by Herbapou

20 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

I really loved that map too. During the early days of Ark I was on Scorch. When I played the game years later I did all maps / all boss and we made an outpost near green to do the Arena. Was fun to discover the map.

The problem I have will all old maps is the lack of a way to farm elemental shards. They should put nodes on all maps to make it even.

Lack of easy element and tek is a big part of what made some maps great.

8 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Lack of easy element and tek is a big part of what made some maps great.

After completing the entire game, I would not mind using lesser structures if they gave them the same decay timers as tek. The main reason I build with tek on official is the decay timers. Tek storage and tek gen / Cryofridges (directly on ground) gives you a 60 days delay before you lose your dino/ressources.

That being said, breeding on official is just too hardcore without meawing/incubator and cryopods. Its like youre are doing time in prison.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Herbapou said:

After completing the entire game, I would not mind using lesser structures if they gave them the same decay timers as tek. The main reason I build with tek on official is the decay timers. Tek storage and tek gen / Cryofridges (directly on ground) gives you a 60 days delay before you lose your dino/ressources.

That being said, breeding on official is just too hardcore without meawing/incubator and cryopods. Its like youre are doing time in prison.

I dont even consider cryos tek. They are an integral part of the game imo and should never be excluded. 

I was speaking more along the lines of the overbearing stuff like the tek bow, tek rifle, tek skiff, flying around in a tek suit etc

On 10/22/2023 at 2:24 PM, Herbapou said:

Yeah, I do love the old legacy maps, but sadly they were left behind in favor of the newer ones. But such is life i suppose, drop the old in favor of the new and shiny.

I hope ASA brings much needed map updates for all of the older ones. It would be great if all maps were used to their full potential, i feel like they each have something unique to offer and it be a shame to let a few go to waste.

19 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I dont even consider cryos tek. They are an integral part of the game imo and should never be excluded. 

I was speaking more along the lines of the overbearing stuff like the tek bow, tek rifle, tek skiff, flying around in a tek suit etc

As someone who is neutral on tek, and uses some of it, If everything from Primitive Plus and then some was added to the base game, id probably wouldn't use much tek tbh(aside from stuff like cryopods and cryofridges for obvious reasons). Id love to have more options to play as a primitive caveman to early industrial age mongul without having to play an extra game mode. 

Edited by Countrydude89
  • Like 1