ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the addition of the titanosaur can we see an option to hold down the attack button so that the titanosaur will stay on two feet for a little longer as I like the animation and I think it could be used as an imtimidation thing and not bring any real benefit other than making the titanosaur look bigger than it already is. 

Why is the titanosaur a temporary tame I can understand for PVP servers but making the           titanosaur a temporary tame makes me feel like it's worthless going through all the effort to tame the beast just for it to die later on and we can't do anything about it sorry if I sound rude but from that mechanic it makes me feel that people will only spawn them in to have a play with them and not bother trying to actually tame it since they are gonna lose it automatically. Which also leads me to wonder why people would want to use all there resources to make the saddle and build a base on it when it isn't gonna be permanent 

Could we get placeable Water & Lava that would be obtained with buckets? (Like Minecraft, so we can create our own pools, rivers, ponds)

Could we get half walls of each material type that would allow any wall to be placed on it?

Also how about the following:
- Firework rockets of various colors/designs using coloring and gunpowder?
-"Iron Boots" that allow you to walk underwater?
-Fog Machine fueled by a water source that creates fog within a 10L x 10W x 5H radius?
-Corner roofing?
-Remove or increase the limit on "paintable structures in a given area"?
-More dye colors? It has been a while for this one
-Sandstone building set (walls, foundation, roof,etc) made with sand patches off the beach (or any new building set in general, preferably that looks good)?
-Desert Biome?

How about adding a spiked saddle for the diplodocus so it can deal dmg to attackers without even wanting to do so? Maybe that saddle could replace some of the seats with spikes instead so you have more defence but cannot carry that much people around. I think it would then be a much more interesting pve mount that doesnt always need extra bodyguards and would be more usefull in singleplayer too. Also it could defend itself from other players in pvp while youre offline.

21 hours ago, Tomtoyer said:

As it will work the fishing rod? What species of fish we can catch? And the fishes will do animations to jump and trying to escape? How it will work the bait?

Probably the Coel, Sabertooth Salmon, Megapiranha and maybe even Euryptid or the Angler  (I don't think you can catch the Trilobite)! But there is also some of the upcomming creatures like the Diplocaulus or maybe the Electrophorus!? :D

Any update on the fixes to the original dinos like the parasaur? I love this guy but he doesn't really have a place on as a tamed dino. He is outclasses as a pack mule by the phiomia who you can get 5 levels earlier and his hit box for gathering berries is so small it's better to collect by hand. Also will you guys revisit the diplodocus. He has no use that I can find other than an over glorified pack mule that cant protect itself for single player or small tribes. I love this 2 dinos and would like to see more love for the little guys. Thanks

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

will you be adding migrations like a large group of sauropods  moving to nesting grounds

will you be adding the ability to get trampled underfoot by larger animal when they get panicked by a predator hunting them in other words will there be stampedes 

are you going to add a desert biome in the near future? 

are you ever going to add more dangerous weather like lighting that can cause forest fires,hurricanes earthquakes etc.

are you going to give the torch the ability to set animals on fire when hit by it?

will you add the ability to get more loot of animals like the tike horns to make a special spear or dilo's spit gland

Archived