Doedicurus seems to poop...a lot

Airthrow

Hey Everyone, 

I, like all of you stone builders out there spend a lot of time riding my doedicurus around. I like to swap roles often, (i.e. I don't always use the "best" dinosaur for a gatherer, just to keep things interesting) with the exception of the doedicurus, but there's one thing that drives me bananas.

Those critters just poop. ALL the time. 

I have a few wandering around aimless on herbivore isle (single player, so they're safe unless they wander into the water) and I have to make sure to keep a close eye on their food, since they go through, and pass it, much quicker than other animals. This is especially noticeable when I'm farming stone, since my doed seems to have to relieve himself roughly twice as much as my other harvesters, and has one of those very dramatic "stop everything and fire like a cannon" poop animations. There's been times when we've almost been killed because I'm running away from a surprise alpha, only to have him stop and poop in a prolonged, theatrical manner. 

Does this bother anyone else? Do your doeds seem to poop crazy often in comparison to the others? The only comparable one I've found is the rex, which seems to poop almost as often and have a long "stop everything" animation (often at the worst of times) but her long strides and speed can get me out of a jam faster than the doeds stumpy little legs (no, not forgetting the roll, it nukes stamina and can't turn, so it's not ideal sometimes)

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, Jat said:

Is this something you're noticing recently, as in a new change? Or just an observation over time. Could just be that there's a value fat-fingered. Don't think we intentionally made em poop more, but I might be wrong about that - been a while since the Doed was setup.

Wow, Jat's pretty busy today on the forums, amazing. ;)

I've notice an increase with Doeds pooping a lot more than usual as well. Could just be me but it does seem to poop a lot more than it did before when out gathering only.

30 minutes ago, Jat said:

Is this something you're noticing recently, as in a new change? Or just an observation over time. Could just be that there's a value fat-fingered. Don't think we intentionally made em poop more, but I might be wrong about that - been a while since the Doed was setup.

FWIW I've noticed that they poop more often than other similar type dinos.  Not sure when exactly I started noticing it but I did have a doed that wasn't this bad on my local single player instance that was 6+ months or so ago I was playing on that.  I think about 4 or so months ago, I'm not positive on this, but seemed around the holidays (I play on Xbox so we get updates later) that it was pooping more than I recalled it doing before.

11 hours ago, Jat said:

I've been playing since it came out on xbox, and Doeds have always pooped more than usual. It's not quite Phiomia levels, but darn close.

Archived