My Ark Life so far + Ultimate Betrayal

Gunman

Hi guys thanks for reading, Id just like to share with you all how ive played Ark and what happened to me last week. Im not mentioning anyones name in this.

So, Im 36 from the UK and work the graveyard shift (2pm-10pm), getting up early each day when the girlfriend goes to work to play on my xbox. Im on for about 4 hours each weekday morning.  I downloaded Ark at the turn of the new year and quickly discovered I needed to be in a tribe so searched on this forum for someone to team up with. Luck would have it i found a guy in exactly the same boat as me....similar jobs, times, age and girlfriend who also didn't play or even like the xbox. We got on well and as it turns out I`ve spoken to him nearly every morning for the last 6 months playing just ARK.

We only play PvE and started out on 347 where we tamed everything, built a huge base and killed the broodmother. We made a few friends on there including a tribe of 2 girls and a guy from the USA who were great. For the sake of this article i`ll call them Team USA.  We helped them out when they started as they were our neighbours and the one member was a night owl and stayed up often, bearing in mind 8am UK was 3am her time. Anyway once we had done everything in the game me and my buddy decided to merge tribes with a guy who was a solo player but had equal stuff. That didn't work out as planned and during the merge process we lost all our stuff as it never traveled with us. That just instantly killed the server for me. About this time The Center had been announced so my buddy, me and Team USA decided to start again and practice being level 1 before the new map came out. That was good although you end up demolishing peoples bases who have left the server and claiming their animals so it wasn't quite the practice i was hoping for. The members of Team USA who couldn't stay up late were understandably feeling a little left out as when me and my buddy get to work we achieve alot and work well together. I think on PvE small tribes who are on at the same time is the best formula for success.

The Center came out and we went our separate ways, but were still in contact. My buddy and me started out on 697, however after 2 days from release i was off on my vacation to Lanzarote for a just over a week. Before I left we started talking to a lad who was a solo player and we thought it would be good to get him to join us. Our original plan was to just set up shop where we landed, build up a little then move on. When I came back they had tamed quite a bit and extended the base as best they could but the position was rubbish and we needed a plan B. Anyway on the second day a giga came rampaging up the beach and just ate EVERYTHING we had haha. We decided very quickly that was that, lets move server. Team USA got us to join their server, 702, and helped us get set up. The night owl got someone to release a small island for our home, gave us some metal tools, a raft, a pteradon and a few more bits and pieces.

The guy from 697 joined up with us after a few days also, however that wasn't working out. He was a bit too childish for us telling us how he was going to kill a giga with a level 20 ptera and was doing his own thing on our tiny island even though we had repeatedly told him not to. He wasn't a team player and  it wasn't working. But then the girl who was helping, told us all to go to her place where she was taming another pteradon for us...great..."whos took the kibble?? it was in the smithy"  she asked. Everyone denying it, geez i hadnt even looked in the smithy. She was sure she had left it there.....she spent the next 15 minutes looking in all her storage running round frantically looking for it. Then finally after 15 minutes the the guy who joined up with us said...i have it....to teach you a lesson for leaving the smithy unlocked.....DILO!! Well that was that...not only cutting off the hand that feeds you but stealing from a good friend of ours. He didn't last much longer in the tribe before i kicked him and sent him a polite message explaining it wasn't working and he wasn't a team player.

In the mean time we had made friends with some of the neighbours of our tiny island. Its located by skull island, in between the one with the big rock and the shore. The one guy also helped us get set up and we traded alot of flint with him for a dung beetle and glass panels for a green house. His base was all metal right next to the metal nodes and he had fenced it all off. He seemed to want us to join him, however he was already too advanced and i just love the setting up of a base so we decided not to and just keep him as an ally. We spent the next week or so building up the island and had decided to play Ark properly...tame from the bottom and work our way up using only kibble to tame. We had 8 dodos, 5 parasaurs, 3 scorpions, 2 pteradons, 2 beetles, 2 ovis, a dog. My buddy was off to USA on his vacation for 2 weeks so we tamed a deodic and in 2 days before he left managed to build 22 behemoth gates encircling the island with just an hour to go before he left. Great!!. There was another solo player just on the shore who said he was struggling to tame big dinos and he seemed on our level, similar age and chilled out so we decided to join up. He was close to the metal and had the code for the gates so it seemed a match made in heaven. We could stay safe on the island and have a landing platform on the shore to help us out. We merged into his tribe as he had a rex, argie and anklyo and thought it only fair we join him as he had only a few dinos, but better ones.

The Thursday and Friday the new member and i transfer all his stuff from his little base onto the island. Now, he was sandwiched between the metal guy who had pillared the whole area and he couldn't expand any more. His base was a bit of a mess with stuff and storage cramped into a tiny building. We have a thing for storage and like to lay it out all together and in alphabetical order so we know where everything is. I seem to spend half my Ark time distributing stuff into the correct box. I had tamed a few more scorpions, a few raptors and anklyos and everything was going according to plan. Then over the weekend i had a message from Team USA who we hadn't spoke to in a week or so. The night owl said they had a gift for us and she would stay up late again just to give it to me. Turns out they had brought a new xbox as a dedicated, wanted us to join but couldn't leave it on 24/7, and as we were on at funny times for them they didn't think it was fair for us as it might not be on when we were, which is perfectly fair enough. She said we could merge her tribe into our and have all her things. By this time she had given away all the egg layers but held onto the important resource collectors...a beaver, deodic, mega thingy (deer), bear and had just got her hands on a quetz. Fantastic, however unknown to me i discovered i was no longer admin. Ok so ill leave this tribe, join yours then when my tribe mate gets on i can merge back. I messaged him straight away to tell him.

Me - "hi dude...some friends have left the server...so ive joined there tribe...when ur back on we can merge and get all the stuff :)"

Later in the day when im at work I get a reply...

"na m8 i am staying here u 2 can safe"

Me - "It's to get all there animals n stuff......ie their quetz, bear etc. I'll join back up with ur tribe and bring all the stuff with me"

"ok"

Tuesday came...no sign of my tribe mate...Wednesday and Thursday the same...so i sent him a message

Me - "Dude are you on tomorrow to add me back to the tribe?"

"in the day"

Me - "Ok....im on early till about 3pm"

Wow thank god for that he will be on Friday so we can finally merge tribes and make up for lost time. Friday morning he is online but didn't respond to me invite to chat....ok he might be afk ill leave it half an hour....same thing, no response. I tried once or twice more through out the morning then saw a notification that he had joined the server...woop woop. I waited 20 mins to see if he would invite me and ended up sending another request. Now we are supposed to be in the same tribe, so although i hate sending multiple requests surely he should let me know whats going on...maybe he cant join chat for a reason etc....so i sent him a message asking if he was going to join.....no response......so i looked at my buddy list and.....wait....where is he??? He had only gone and blocked me..... Uh Oh....I now have no way of contacting him and he has ALL my stuff and my island!! Have I really been ripped off?? I was a bit bemused at first then reality set in and yes...he had taken everything and there nothing i could do. Of cause the usual sending gigas, alphas his way flashed though my mind, but im only on for a few hours a day...Im not wasting my time griefing as thats not why i play. I then noticed someone mention his name in the chat...but as he blocked me i couldn't see what he was typing...turns out he was saying i had stole from him and that i was the bad guy....He is unemployed and spends all day on Ark so im guessing he has been sitting there making out that he is the victim and im somehow the bad guy.

What an douche bag!!

Anyway im actually sat here with a smile on my face and weirdly im enjoying Ark more then ever. Back to a 2 man tribe, we were given a great spot to build on, all the animals needed to make a fresh start and i cant wait to get going again. Am I going to get revenge on him for the ultimate betrayal? Nah.....do i feel bitter toward him....a little....will I ever forgive him....no chance!! I just wish i could see what he is saying about me in chat so I can defend myself.

I haven't told this story to my buddy who is still on vacation for another week as it will probably ruin it for him....although i suspect he will probably read this story. I just told him the other tribe member was a Legend...however I never told him for what reason. So sorry if you have read this and its ruined your holiday bud, but theirs loads of building to do when u get back!! 

If you managed to read all the way down thank you. Has anyone had a similar experience? The majority of players are great but its amazing how just a few try and spoil it for the rest. Anyway if your ever bored pop onto 702 on a weekday morning and say hello. My names Buzza.

I had something similar happen, mind you it involved a dedicated server and some very precious animals near & dear to my private / solo life, but it never went to official servers.

I will preface by saying that the events to this started out because of an official server. I had a falling out with a tribe due to how I wanted to leave & join an ally's tribe, and there were 2 snakes who had convinced my tribe leader, an all around decent guy, that I was planning to inside raid them & unclaim the tribe's gigas & go on my way to terrorize the server, funnily enough, after I & 2 other people were booted out because of that "conspiracy" - those same 2 snakes tried that exact method - one actually was a friend that confided in my tribe leader & managed to get the gigas back before any harm came to the server, or their gigas. It was funny that these 2 actually managed to convince my leader that I would inside raid them and everyone knew me as a very trustworthy individual. The snakes were the undoing of the alpha tribe on the server and tried to justify doing this because "it was for the small tribes" when in actuality, it was because they were bored.

Now onto the dedicated. I had been in-touch with someone from the remains of that said tribe the 2 snakes inside raided & was shopping around servers to build somewhere with a few friends that left with me. We were experienced, we knew how to start-up & defend ourselves. We found these 2 guys and after talking with them for a while, the one guy said he used to run a dedicated every-so-often, I asked if he was ok starting up & boosting the usual 6x Exp & Gathering rate multipliers & he said sure. We play on his server for a few days & even bring over some prized animals - not least of which included mine & my buddy's 90+ kibble tamed legit gigas with some pretty damn good stats.

Trouble came when the server owner got bored and decided to summon the Broodmother and kite it our way - while we were offline. Unbeknownst to us, he could have killed it at any time with some ridiculously stat-boosted Spino he kept in the Obelisk that made even the most powerful gigas & dragons look like tamed dogs. My friend and I got our mate-boosted gigas together & chomped that damned spider up & stopped it from rampaging all over the island and killing some of our tames. We noticed they were convienently absent when the killing went down and didn't even offer so-much as a thanks.

Sometime after we got offline and as we were about to go to bed, my g/f playing with us at the time put some of the animals in the obelisk, saying she had a bad feeling. 20 minutes later, her bad feeling was confirmed, I hear my buddy go "Dude DILO!! MY GIGA, some Spino just one-hit my giga & it's tearing my stone base apart!" I got on to find my giga being chased by 2 battle quetzes with turrets. It was on Neutral at the time & was thankfully running after they RPG'd one of the behemoth gates down, so it wasn't taking as much damage as it would have been if it were passive.

I rushed onto the giga & got a couple good bites in on their one quetz & managed to get into the trees for just a minute to spam as much meat in as possible. Made my way to red Ob (which was closest) and nearly got the giga uploaded back in, when the quetz scooped me up & dropped me in the water. I got back up & just before I got to the panel to hit the button, Bam. That dreaded red text every dino-owner hates seeing.

I asked why he did it, he said he got bored and wanted to PVP. I didn't give in to anger or sadness or any kind of emotion, that's what people like that prey on & want to hear. I just said "Oh, ok" & left the party non-chalantly. They were laughing & cheering the whole time and I was secretly very mad. I wasn't going to let them know that though.

Never take good dinos into another person's world, one's you're not willing to lose, just accept that at any moment the server can shut-down and they can steal them, or kill them simply because "they wanted to pvp".

Archived