SotF: Summer Cup & League, ARK @ E3, Biome Update, Digest 34, and Crunch 52!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, TheRealTFreezy said:

No it's been removed. Stealth is gone now. Going in guns blazing is now the only way to raid. Stealth was already not a great option and now it's impossible.

That's called removing a play style. When you can no longer do it.

Yeah, this is kind of a double-edged sword. On one hand, players that just aim to screw over others by breaking their things just to do it and remaining anonymous are sunk. On the other, stealth raids where players break in, steal what they want and then leave without trashing everything are also sunk. Just another example of how jerks ruin things for decent players. 

3 hours ago, OnePotatoChip said:

Yeah, this is kind of a double-edged sword. On one hand, players that just aim to screw over others by breaking their things just to do it and remaining anonymous are sunk. On the other, stealth raids where players break in, steal what they want and then leave without trashing everything are also sunk. Just another example of how jerks ruin things for decent players. 

While I see what you mean, I still think the trolls that destroy just to destroy should be able to. If you want people to not stealth raid you make better defensive decisions. X plants and turrets, alarm traps with the new mechanic. Small Dino's in doors on aggressive, dodos by doorways. There are so many things you can do. But we are now resorting to a game that is holding your hand. I just see it not ending. 

I think there should be an option for the tribe log. Maybe an option to not show who killed anything, just to show who died. I don't rp but everyone that does is told to "ignore" the tribe log. Why not be able to turn off the incriminating information. 

I just wish more play styles were encouraged instead of there being one way t do things. 

Survivor, Neizan asks, “About: Custom Tripwire Alarm Notifications, Is there any chance of a mobile application of survivetheark.com to receive notifications on my Android?”

We’ll maybe see if the DodoDex crew can help with that, so that we can stay focused on developing ARK itself ;)

@Jat I have tried NUMEROUS times to get a dev or two to respond to me about this so I could develop such a thing for the last few months. That's a shame.

• lilpanda unfeatured and unpinned this topic