TestingMan20

Suggestion

ARK has a lot of awesome sea creatures but what about various sharks? Don't you think it's time for sharks to get more love? I'm here to (re)introduce you to Alopias Grandis, AKA, The Thresher Shark. But I'm talking about the ancient version, a lot bigger than today's version! Below, read the original description about this creature. I am open to new ideas and suggestions! Feel free to leave a comment of some suggestions or ideas!
This creature is big, beautiful and even with it's large teeth and speed, it has a long tail that can whip away potential enemies! I hope you vote for this creature. :)

Common Name: Thresher
Species: Alopias grandis
Time: Miocene
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Reclusive

Wild: Alopias's most distinguishing feature is its massive caudal fin, which doubles its length from an already respectable size that would be similar to the Megalodon had Alopias had a more standard tail. Alopias uses this fin to great effect, arcing its tail over its head to use it as a whip to stun prey. This shark is a pelagic species, and favors water near the surface.

Domesticated: Actually taming is simple enough: feeding it its preferred prey, fish, is enough to earn its trust. The real challenge comes from the process leading up to this point. You see, adults cannot be tamed, and a baby must be tamed instead. This species does not exhibit parental care, meaning that infant individuals are easy prey from the larger predators of the sea, and must be protected during this process. Should you tame one, and it reaches maturity, you are now in possession of one of the most useful predators of the water. The shock wave emitted by its tail spreads rapidly, able to stun entire schools of fish. However, the shock wave dissipates just as fast, meaning Alopias must get within its own body length for its stun to be at its best effect. Even mighty predators like Teusoteuthus and Mosasaurus are not entirely immune to this, and must not charge straight in. Alopias can even breach the surface to whip low flying flyers out of the sky!

(Art by HodariNundu)
(Credit to OG poster nmheath03)

I am open to new ideas and suggestions! Feel free to leave a comment of some suggestions or ideas! Check out this awesome dossier by Shadlos! 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Alopias_grandis.webp

Edited by TestingMan20
additional info

1 reply to this server topic