Suggestion

The rexes in ARK have been shunned by the far larger and superior Giganotosaurus. But in reality, Tyrannosaurus, although slightly smaller, was a far more advanced and powerful predator. With this new species, Tyrannosaurus gets the respect it deserves...

imperator dossier

IMPERATOR

Species: Tyrannosaurus imperator

Time: Late Cretaceous

Diet: Carnivore 

Temperament: Aggresive

Wild

This larger relative of the Rex is one of the ARK's most dangerous predators. They can overpower even a giga, which I thought at first to be the top predator here. And they hunt in prides, tripling the danger. In group they have even been known to hunt and kill Saltasaurus. The key to these giants' success is evidently their advanced skulls.

Domesticated

Being the ultimate war beast, Imperators require the same basic principles to tame but the pride factor adds to the difficulty. The jaws of these theropods are insanely strong, being able to crush metal and the bones of its victims. They also have powerful senses of smell and sight, allowing them to detect enemies easily. The tyrannosaurs have a pack instinct, and when in groups can get boosts to their prowess. Many call it a "Titan Rex", but I see "Imperator" as a more appropriate name. I'm smarter and I'm the one writing these dossiers, so I decide, at least this time.

---

The Imperator will spawn in groups of up to 3. Spawns in around mountains, snow, and other highly dangerous areas.

They can damage metal and all lower tiers. They also gain sniff and pack bonus abilities similar to the dire wolf.

They require the standard knock out method of taming, and eat the same as a giga.

Their stats are similar to a giga's, but slightly lowered in everything but melee.

Predator senses: can be toggled on to give vision like that of a TEK Helmet.

Crushing bite: Takes about 8 seconds to preforms and has a very small AOE. Deals high damage and inflicts a broken-bone effect, which works like an Injury and a Bleed. If it hits a creature with a drag weight of 300 kgs or less, it will deals just enough damage to cause a real injured effect (unless more damage would be dealt otherwise). 30 sec cooldown.

Roar: This ability causes all enemies within range to have a 80% chance of being frightened. This condition causes their attacks to be twice as slow and, for characters, a blurred vision like beer causes. Size of the creature does not matter.

Image is personal work and uses images from Apple TV's Prehistoric Planet.

Edited by Gecko1611

1 reply to this server topic

So in real life, Tyrannosaurus imperator was suggested by Gregory S. Paul as a new, larger species. The type specimen for this is the famous yrannosaur fossil known as "Sue", and is the largest and most complete specimen of Tyrannosaurus ever discovered. This creature was possible designed to hunt the titanosaur Alamosaurus in North America.