giant stork ARAMBOURGIANIA-THE FISHING AZDHARCHID

EDGYDROMAEOSAURID

Suggestion

HE'S BIG, HE'S BAD, AND HE LIKES HIS FISH

Hey! Back for another spin here!, came at a surprise seeing this vote but besides all that I decided to bring Arambourgiania back  alot of people seemed to like it and I additionally thank you for the support during that round in particular it's such an honor being part of these subs 

Also sidenote:With the release of Rhyniognatha there might be some issues surrounding the idea of the creature but  I'll change as much as possible during the vote, this creature is just here for those who wanted it as I know many did if you have any suggestions or ideas please leave them below 

While you're Checking this out make sure to check out these other cool subs out: Tylosaurus,Menonomenos,Majungasaurus, Falcarius, and Gigantoraptor 

Screenshot_20230424-122221_Google~2.jpg

Design/location 

Aram is slightly taller than a rex, it has an upright position unlike Quetz (wish Quetz would've maintained the dossier position tbh)

They are mainly found in the Canyon biome of Rag specifically but you can also find them on the beaches in the desert regions

Sexual dimorphism included- Males have a kingfisher inspired color palette with a extravagant display of picnofibers while the females have more brownish colors and have less picnofibers

ECOLOGY/BEHAVIOR:

Aram spawn in little clans of 3 usually one Alpha male and 2 females but it is possible that with enough in one area their might be a whole community of them including a Matriarch (Highest lvl Female Aram)

Neutral

They primary hunt fish but if the opportunity presents itself they'll eat smaller animals 

They actively fish in the wild similarly to a stork they'll jolt their necks and lunge after their prey

TAMING METHOD:

Gain trust from a mother Aram by dropping by and feeding it fish on occasion, then after you can help it build it's nest, the more materials the more it'll incubate, if any predators do make their visit if trust is built enough the female will defend you from said predators, but you need to make sure to make the nest picture perfect, the Mother will make subtle remarks to where the materials should be put,when finished the female will give you approval to be a parent,

Be warned though the Alpha male does the occasional fly by to check on any intruders

DOMESTICATION:

Maneuverability:

Galloping is needed in order to take flight, the longer the gallop the faster you'll be during liftoff

A Slow gradual Dive bomb, strictly for mobility, catching up to other flyers, not for attacking but can be paired with the spear attack to hit smaller flyers the longer you dive the more damage output your spear move will have

Using the dive you can also dive underwater Swimming is included too while they aren't the best at it is possible

Can carry multiple smaller tames for transport (weight class troodon and below) in its mouth 

Can glide over bodies of water and slowly regain stam. Not as good as regaining stamina through normal means but it makes it good for those tough times where you have to stop for stam so often.

Speed boosts from incoming waves and waterfalls (Could be handy in Asa when proper water mechanics are implemented)

Turning like a dime, It can glide and dive sideways, albeit nowhere near as fast as Desmodus and Griffins but more or so used as a means of escaping and hitting targets

Attacks

Bite- Fairly weak but fast and easy to use

Nab- can be used to grab smaller creatures aswell as chuck them at opponents the higher the weight class the higher the damage 

Spear bomb-Can Strike targets with an absolutely devastating dive spear attack on either land or in air takes a lot of time to build but it has a fairly good damage output and is effective against saddle armor and player armor for more pinpoint accuracy it has a marker to perfectly pinpoint targets and strike

Hip Check- This is more of a passive ability and can be activated if you're flying parallel next to a flier, you can knock them off coarse using your massive wings (a nice addition for keeping your target at a steady pace and preventing them from being too fast to catch)

Can Swallow Anything below Phiomia size with low health giving it a health boost!

SADDLE:

Their saddle is sort of steampunky with a few modern elements (Art coming soon) it includes a pair of goggles that greatly enhances their vision being able to see clearly underwater and being able to pinpoint from greater distances

HISTORY:

Arambourgiania while very hard to pronounce, is one of the biggest Pterosaurs only being outclassed by Hatzegopteryx and the Quetzal in weight, it was found in 1940 by Camille Arambourg by chance in Jordan (A middle Eastern Country), it's name means In honor of Arambourg, ofcourse referring to Camille, it probably would have had a wingspan of over 7 feet (23 feet) some estimates putting it around 12 feet. It lived in the Late Cretaceous and while it is an incomplete specimen based on other Pterosaurs we'd assume it would have a pretty close lifestyle to Marabou Storks or Shoebills.

Sidenotes:

I don't want this to be another Quetzal

If anything I want it to encourage a Quetzal TLC Quetz will be the heftier sky base and Siege while Aram will be more in the Wyvern class if anything, I'd like it if we can have another big flying tame to 

It will not have a platform saddle, I want to keep this separate from Quetzal

It's glide and dive mechanics are not that fast much slower than a Griffin and can't be used as an attack, they're just a meer boost in maneuverability, the dive will make it slightly faster than average and the glide will keep you from losing stam as fast

Cosmetic thing Ig:They actively fish in the wild wait long enough and you'll see it hunting fish 

Edited by EDGYDROMAEOSAURID

12 replies to this server topic

Upvoting this because it was discovered near where I live and because it was probably the largest flyer to ever live.
If I was to add anything to your submission it would be where it would spawn, I think it would be perfect for the famous ragnarok canyons, just because it is probably th most prolific area on the map AND because of Jordan's(where the fossils were discovered) most prolific site ruins of "Petra" that look extremely similar to the canyons, that and the abundance of water and fish which would be thematic with the fishing aspect of your submission.big-99ec6b32dd3c849663dce25f59143a3c.jpg
Arambourgiania_philadelphiae.png

Arambourgiania was a giant pterosaur from the late cretaceous, being as big as  quetzalcoatlus, and in this concept, im thinking in adding as a counterpart to the quetz.

Arambourgiania_d8c9.jpg.036fecdd5c9a46fbfe14a75e962b99c8.jpg

Basically my idea is making it a bigger and skinny version of the quetz, but with a complete different porpuse, it would stand up like in the image above, and because of that, wouldn't have the capacity of receiving an plataform saddle, even being this big. Instead this thing would be more like a sky giga, or charcharo, and now let me explain my vision to this creature.

Basic Info

• It would be a land predator, hunting in the ground using its beak as a giant spear.
  • Strong enought to break even metal structures or rocks.
  • Capable of carrying objects and other creatures with a small to medium size.
  • Have a lot of stam and can deal a lot of damage, having the effect of bleeding.

Now to the attacks:

• LMB: An basic attack with the beak, capable of breaking structures and cause bleeding to his target
  • RMB: An move that makes arambougiania capable of pick up structures, animals or even take survivors from their saddles.
  • C: An move where Arambougiana uopen its giant wings  and scream to intimidate other creatures and give a life, damage and stamina buff to all other tames and survivors close to it.
  • Ctrl + RMB: An move where the arambougiana flaps its wings to temporaly stun a creature, and causing a creature being ridden to be unmounted by its survivor or survivors.
  • Ctrl +  C An move that let the arambourgiana skim and attack an defined target like a spear or arrow. 

Besides this, Arambourgiania would also have multiple seats on its saddle, with places for five more passengers. The main rider would be at the base of the neck, and three of the other seats would be behind it, and other two would be at the right and left size of the neck of the arambourgiana.

Also, this giant queen would also serve as a sentinel, screaming and alert the tribe to any activity that it senses, this sentinel capacity could be configured to only tamad creatures and etc.

Taming

To tame an Arambourgiania a survivor would need in first place a flying creature like a griffin or even a quetzal, because its taming method would be similar to taming an equus, you would need to fly above it, in a safe distance then jump into its back, starting here the taming process, the Arambourgiana would try to make you fall while you feed it and try not to fall. eventually after the tame reaches more then 50%, the armabourgiania would start to calm itself, but while it still trying to make you fall, at this point, the arambourgiana would stop and land into the ground, and after the tame is complete, you would be capable of riding it even without a saddle, just like a tropeo or an dinopithecus.

Behavior

The behavior of a wild Arambourgiania would be mostly fly, and after some time, land and then search for prey, normally flying in packs of 2-3 of them. They would be neutral, only attacking in the land or if attacked, and when this happens, all the arambourgiania would come together to eliminate the menace, after the threat be killed or going to far from it, what would be hard because these would be really fast at flying, at the same speed of an argent or something close to it, the pack would land and eat the dead remains, and stay at the ground for a while.

Form

The arambourgiania would be similar to a quetz, but instead of standing at the horizontal, it would stand in the vertical, being more skinny and taller then a quetz, with a bigger wingspam, basically bigger in every sense, its beak would be also skinny, long and sharp, and the arambourgiania would have on its head and small elliptical crest 

And thats it, thats my idea, i hope you guys like it.

Edited by Expadarte

Aramburgiana or Titanopteryx philadelphiae, is a fast, giant predator with a wingspan of 11-13 meters, and a height of 6 meters, with its giant beak with a sharp saddle tip, during a quick flight, it can bite through not 1 animal, but several at once, it has 2 types of saddle (reactive -attacking and standard), the reactive-attacking saddle is a model of a tropeognath saddle, but the engines are on the bend of the wings at the elbow, the standard saddle is a saddle made of leather and metal plates located in place of the wing bone, and a sharp tip on the beak. Spawn location Aramburgiana is the sky over the sequoias and the desert of the RAGNAROK map.

Arambourgiania_philadelphiae.png

Arambourgiania.png