Ark Windows 10, Can not join any Non-Dedicated Servers: Join Failed, etc.

floast

Hey all, I recently purchased Ark off the Microsoft Store so that I could cross play with friends on the Xbox. Myself and another friend both did this and I am the only one having this issue. I have tried to host and join Non-Dedicated Servers and every single time, I get the Join Failed error when trying to join a friend, and the Could Not Retrieve Address Error when trying to join off the server list. When I hosted my own Non Dedicated server my friends were met with the same Join Failed error. They did not have this issue with joining each other.

From here, I have tried restarting ark, restarting my computer, restarting ethernet, disabling/enabling port forwarding for ark ports, tried joining a single player first as some forums suggested, and made sure that all programs ark needs to run are running. I have even uninstalled ark and re-installed, as Windows does not offer the Verify Game files feature, and nothing has changed the issue. I also updated graphics drivers.

One further note, I noticed that with Official servers I am able to join, and when I do, the official server list loads up immediately, and on joining, a blue line of text appears: "joining server ___". For non-dedicated and friend servers the list takes a long time to load and the light blue joining text does not appear at all. I have tried joining on invites and through gamebar and through server list and nothing has helped.

I could not find anyone else going this far into detail with this issue, and the only other forum I found that offered anything outside of the steps I have taken so far besides re-installing windows, which I have not done and am not looking forward to trying. 

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I have played the steam version for years and do not have the same issue on the steam client.