Community Crunch 363: Rhyniognatha Teaser, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Xrystalxtorm said:

No ASA news? No Conquest news? No one cares about new switch servers or big mosquito when servers get terminated in a few months. Could’ve given us an updated thatch foundation at least smh

oh shut up, they are not gonna talk about the conquest stuff okay?? get over it and people do care about the new dino thats coming to ASE and ASA, so either stop complaining or stop playing ark 

• Facepalm 3

Fingers crossed for some true Ark: Survival Ascended gameplay or screenshots next week for the anniversary, along with a concrete release date and more information so we: the players, server admins, modders, etc, can properly prepare for this new chapter and actually relax and celebrate. This year has been a lot of concept art and not much else. There's clearly a heavy reluctance to engage with the community or be transparent about the progress of things. 

We've had years of delays through ASE - in fact, almost all releases were delayed. After another Ark 2 delay, I'm just hoping the time frame for ASA is realistic, or else an even greater rift of distrust is surely to form. 

Edited by Thalana
  • Like 3

Dollie said on discord that the team were leaning towards not introducing the DLC improvements when the Island and Scorched release on their own.

No deinos for kibble so bases jam packed with kibble farms? No cryos so sleepless nights and week long marathons if you want to breed? 

Did they learn nothing? Or are they assuming (or hoping) most people won't bother starting again on official so the servers will be able to cope?

What with the Snail scandal, (you can't fix cheating if the devs are the ones cheating), paid mods on sleazy Overwolf, &, the big one, officials being cut off so cruelly. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad. Supported this game, and devs, for so long, I never thought my opinion of them would fall so low :(

Incredibly sad.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Cryopods can be crafted on any map.

- they couldn't before extinction, now they can, as a 'dlc improvement' I'd say that was a big one, and not part of the vanilla experience they seem to want us to relive.

We know nothing about ASA, we can only go on what they've said.

EDIT: & a base big enough to house egg wyverns is a world away from the base size you can get away with for 8 or 9 deinos on a ledge (remember deino eggs are persistent, you need far less of them for the same amount of eggs actually collected)

Edited by Luizza
  • Like 1

🤣 Issou no way u released a TRAILER of a creature that should be in game already for months now HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, UR ODACITY IMPRESSE MORE AND MORE EVERY CRUNCH GUYS. Releasing small tribe on nintendo ? well done the game is dead 🤣 but hey, FINALLY I GUESS JUST LIKE THE RHYNO wait, no it's a trailer it's not in game 🤣

What a mess, keep digging snails, keep digging, not me who loose a millions dollars compagny in the most pathetic and childish way possible, because yes clearly at this point, i'm just here to help u diggin ur grave with negative comment and real talk about who u think u are and let me tell u.

U are just a bunch of 20-40 years old uneducated child, that have been bless by IRL RNG to get to the point of having a compagny without having any abilites to developpe it and make it thrive on the long run, even with a golden egg like Ark, u managed to kill one of the craziest game experience without even getting money out of it, u are that bad, u are horrible both in game, the amount of cringe i feel everytime i look at u pvpin in someone stream is unrealisticly high the amount of cheating u have to throw in just to get a base standing is so laughable, but not only that, u are also a bunch of horrible personality wich think they know and they think better, litteraly calling ur playerbase a bunch of addicted zombies wich wish to spend as much money as possible into stupid poops, but u should by yourself realise how toxic u are by now, and u deserve what's gonna happen the next months. Ur full silence around all of that says a lot about how much we can trust u. Have fun destroying everything around u.

Sorry for the english but i'm tired of tryin unlike them.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I would like to say something to you Wildcard.

Until now you haven’t say something about what happened to mass banned players and admin abuse.
(And you know what this is not the first time this kind of thing happened, i have played ark from 2017 and give up in 2020, the point is in 2018 one year later, there was rumor of this admin abuse.)

What you waiting for?

Frankly you have one of the biggest fan base of all the games, ark, like myself who have buyed ark in pc and playstation, with all dlc’s and you literally waste time in making ASA, for god sake you have all you need to convert everything into UE5, and you made the worst possible move………charge 50 or 60 dolars or euros for the same game, with nothing different from the ASE, its the SAME GAME with improvements! 
one more thing you will launch ark 2 in the end of 2024 and some off the content for ASA will launch near ark 2 release date what are you thinking!?

What is the point of putting this new dino in ASE in june? (ASA will be release in august thats what you said.)

You will not support the ASE and you even don’t care about players who don’t have means to get a ps5 or xbox series x or a good pc. Will you provide these things to us? 

Switch version what are you planning to do with it? Will you also close the official servers in august?

If you continue with this you will lose most of your ark fans, and you fine with it?

Some players have given so much time ingame for building, breeding, farming and etc, for what, to see their hard work go in the toilet, thats what you will do to them, ooooohhh wait you will maintain their character WOW really smart Wildcard.

The most important thing in this comment WHY IN THE WORLD you merge yourself with snailgames, for god sake do yourselfs a favor and unmerge with snailgames, you know you can do it.
You need funds to continue ark or whatever reason contact others biggest studios or companies like Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, EA, Konami, Capcom, Sega, Nintendo and etc, even the USA goverment, i’m sure they can provide more help then snailgames.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Luizza said:

- they couldn't before extinction, now they can, as a 'dlc improvement' I'd say that was a big one, and not part of the vanilla experience they seem to want us to relive.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I'm down, so long as it includes all aspects such as flyer speed. 😜

3 hours ago, Luizza said:

remember deino eggs are persistent

Wyvern eggs too. All eggs found in wild nests are not losing health by design.

41 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Wyvern eggs too. All eggs found in wild nests are not losing health by design.

True, (unless it's ages and then they despawn as u pick them up hehe - but that's irrelevant in this context) but they've always been there since Scorched came out and yet ppl still prefer to have a farm themselves rather than go to the trench regularly - that's a lot of eggs u need to go and find, fun...but not something most ppl do.

PS. Now if they included vanilla flyer speed then...hmm  :)

15 hours ago, Vesdied said:

From what I've heard, the process for saving a copy of a server is really complicated, and even then, people have built up communities in official servers. 

It really isn't. The difficulty in this case will come from the logistics of delivery. 

As far as communities go, just about every one I've been a part of has plans to run their own clusters with the files provided. Life will continue -- which is a lot more than can be said for other retired games.

16 hours ago, Vesdied said:

From what I've heard, the process for saving a copy of a server is really complicated, and even then, people have built up communities in official servers. 

biggest limitation will be RAM usage needed to start and load some saves. some official PVE servers are really huge about amount of data.. but hell, if you are able to do that you can start slowly cleanup the world from unneeded bases and lower the memory usage.. anyway expect saves with gazillions of char and tribe profiles.

Edited by darkradeon

1 hour ago, SteveTheOtherSurvivor said:

It really isn't. The difficulty in this case will come from the logistics of delivery. 

As far as communities go, just about every one I've been a part of has plans to run their own clusters with the files provided. Life will continue -- which is a lot more than can be said for other retired games.

The problem is, online games get usually retired when the number of players and sales doesn't any-more justify the support :V Multiple companies would pay gold an "old" game selling like ARK.

14 hours ago, Thalana said:

Fingers crossed for some true Ark: Survival Ascended gameplay or screenshots next week for the anniversary, along with a concrete release date and more information so we: the players, server admins, modders, etc, can properly prepare for this new chapter and actually relax and celebrate. This year has been a lot of concept art and not much else. There's clearly a heavy reluctance to engage with the community or be transparent about the progress of things. 

We've had years of delays through ASE - in fact, almost all releases were delayed. After another Ark 2 delay, I'm just hoping the time frame for ASA is realistic, or else an even greater rift of distrust is surely to form. 

This ^^ would be lovely ... although im not holding my breath for it ...

That bug has a size issue from human height to now double human size - dont get me wrong looks cool but just sigh bye bye official servers in 2.5 months or so :(

With the spotty info you have given us so far, many of us are thinking ASA will be delayed, or buggy as hell if it is on time. If you are actually working on content, may I suggest adding the prim+ resources and engrams to the standard game. That would expand building options further, and you already have the files. You just update and combine them. Prim+ is buggy and no longer supported, but it is still there, add it in.

Edited by hbomb1972
Added to comment

Ok the massive mosquito looks pretty cool, and I know it was all voted on and stated to come out in June, but it seems kind of like a moot point right now.  Seeing how much server pop has dropped in the last 2 months, this business with YOUR PUBLISHER/MASTER/PIMP abusing admin powers on officials, the lack of needed communication for players in regards to them saving their progress, 8 years of progress.  Or at least 5 since game release.  How blind and stupid do you guys have to be to not see what’s happening and feel like it’s just going to go away.  This business with snail games is NOT going away!!!  The worst part is, THIS ISN’T THE FIRST TIME THEY’VE BEEN CAUGHT WITH THEIR HANDS IN THE JAR!!!  For crying out loud, they were going to try or have already tried to blackmail Jeremy (allegedly).  The new creature looks cool but there’s bigger fish on the grill right now.  The house is completely engulfed in flames and you guys are still painting the mail box!!!!  What gives???  This needs to be handled not ignored!

In regards to releasing ASA without the DLC improvements, my sentiments are:  DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!  I am NOT, repeat NOT going to raise tames for boss fights and utility like we did in 2015, 2016 and 2017!  The fact that those things are being thought about is SHEAR STUPIDITY!!!  I have been a solo player with maybe my wife playing with me at times since 2017, and breeding tames was almost impossible to do solo before the introduction of cryopods.  I’m not doing that again, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.  I don’t understand why you guys keeps shooting yourselves in the damn foot with this stuff, are you really that naive and disconnected from the player base and what is wanted?  Or are you that stuck under the snail that you can’t even do what’s best for the players, your game and most of all YOURSELVES???  Hopefully you guys can get this crap straightened out before it’s too late, and stop all this stupid nonsense.

• Like 2