Problems about building

Denverson

Help someone! There was a stone house, I decided to rebuild it in Tek and at some point, one of the walls refused to be installed in the place where the stone one used to stand. No matter what I tried, nothing helped. At some point, I decided to demolish one ceiling and ... now both the wall and the ceiling are not being installed. I even tried to put columns, nothing helps. And okay, the wall, but the hole in the floor does not please me in any way.
How to solve this problem, tell me?

Problem

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Try to move your Dung Beetle. My first guess would be that it is desync, and while your client thinks the floor can be placed, the server rejects it due to obstruction.

I thought that someone would think about him, but no, he came later, he could see that he also became interested in what was happening there 🙂

Dunno what kind of server you on - but has some guy (after the original stone build) no built too close to you to allow placement of stuff? i.e. what is the message "obstructed",  no message but no snap?, what? (and is there not maybe a "spawn" of a rock or something in that place which was cleared during the build, but is now back - that has messed me up before)

Edited by DirkInSA

49 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Dunno what kind of server you on - but has some guy (after the original stone build) no built too close to you to allow placement of stuff? i.e. what is the message "obstructed",  no message but no snap?, what? (and is there not maybe a "spawn" of a rock or something in that place which was cleared during the build, but is now back - that has messed me up before)

We can to see the situation in his video: 

My experience when replacing stuff - start from the bottom up. You have tek ceilings snapped to a lower level of stone walls - and now want to "extend" that ceiling layer. The snap points of the various technologies are not exactly equivalent, and if you have not gone from the ground up you will likely hit issues. So I would try to replace lower level wall and door, and probably the ceilings that join on to that - and then your snap would work ?????

I have only had such issues when i was desynced, relogging helped in those situations. But that doesnt seem to be the case here. Maybe you could place a ceiling if a different structure tier instead and replace it afterwards, but i doubt that. Maybe it could also help to try and place it standing on the floor below or a higher floor. Sometimes weird angles are the only way to get things to work. The only other idea i have from just watching your video is to try and spam whip around that area in case something invisible is in the way (its ark after all :D). If nothing works at all i could try and help you in game if youd be fine with that

9 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

My experience when replacing stuff - start from the bottom up. You have tek ceilings snapped to a lower level of stone walls - and now want to "extend" that ceiling layer. The snap points of the various technologies are not exactly equivalent, and if you have not gone from the ground up you will likely hit issues. So I would try to replace lower level wall and door, and probably the ceilings that join on to that - and then your snap would work ?????

Problem solved. By the way, that part of the stone structures, and part Tek - it did not matter, since the ceiling was completely removed (above that place) and absolutely everything below was made of Tek and there the floors were nominally put up and removed. The problem turned out to be that ... the axis of the walls had surprisingly shifted relative to the floor and ceiling(hello developers), and this led to further inconsistencies in the ceiling.
I managed to solve it by destroying the structures around, then lengthening the ceiling to that place and docking the resulting "bridge" with the ceiling in the right place.
At the same time, the walls became a little uneven, but the main thing - the walls and ceiling were established, and thanks for that.

I had this exact same thing happen to me on genesis 1 in the early days of setting up a base on official.

There was 1 ceiling that would not go in.  There was clearly floor all around under neath because I'm boring and my roofs match my floors below.

I did not want to rebuild that entire area underneath, which I'm sure would have fixed it.  It was on a slope and so there was probably some inconsistency in a pillar row I setup.

THe fix for me was to place walls right below the opening that needed to be filled, and I half stepped ceilings to cover the gap.

4 hours ago, Denverson said:

yes, I tried different designs both in type and in materials

in some cases i had this problem because of the "snap" not correct but i solved it by putting it on a line of pillars which i then destroyed later, some times the "snaps" are not correct because you start from two different sides and at the junction you find out that don't hook (as if you started from two different heights).

In some cases however it is just the desynchronization of something as they have already said, usually it is resolved by exiting and re-entering.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

in some cases i had this problem because of the "snap" not correct but i solved it by putting it on a line of pillars which i then destroyed later, some times the "snaps" are not correct because you start from two different sides and at the junction you find out that don't hook (as if you started from two different heights).

In some cases however it is just the desynchronization of something as they have already said, usually it is resolved by exiting and re-entering.

In your case, I don’t argue, but in my case there were no destroyed pillars, I initially had all the pillars made of tech (collected at Genesis), so I didn’t destroy them, there was no need, as you understand. He took the height of the floor / ceiling from the foundations, that is, he did not build from the pillars. But the strange thing in this situation is that the axis has shifted not in height(as it happens when building with pillars), but horizontally, as if the floor were moved to the side.

• Thanks 1

So if someone encounters a similar problem - break about two floors (floor / ceiling) around the place where the problems are (around that place, everything needs to be broken), from new floors (floor / ceiling) make a "bridge" to the place where it is necessary to install and attach an overlap to it. In my case, this helped, if it helps in yours (whoever encounters a similar problem), then it’s not in vain that I wrote about the problem on the forum.

I also send warm regards from people who love to build well, to all the developers of the ARK game, who worked in the department responsible for construction.

On this I take my leave and I hope I no longer have to ask for help from people on the forum, in a game that is 5 years old and which still has such unfixed bugs.