Community Crunch 362: ARK 2 Wooden Structure Tier, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

9 minutes ago, Khejan said:

Once again, ignoring and glossing over the fact that the CEO tweeted that the Unreal 5 upgrade for Ark:SE would be FREE.

And once again there is a complainer who didn't get that the idea of an update was discarded, but WC decided to make an almost COMPLETE rework of Ark and therefore it will be a paid, standalone game.

Apparently only the basic code remains. (Unfortunately, since this is quite messed up as I noticed).

• Haha 1

I hope the developers see this and I really hope this will come in ASA, but why not they port over creatures from Atlas? I would love to have the Hydra, the Bobcat, Moa, and so many of the various creatures they have and import them into their main game, and ASA is the perfect opportunity for this. Instead of needing to download an Atlas mod that eventually comes available for ASA, just port over the creatures. And if not, why not just add their creatures to the upcoming creature votes? I am sure many people agree with this idea and it would expand Ark with so much more content and opportunities for growth and honestly make ASA even more worth the price.

• Like 1

concept art for ark2? not interested in ark2. not interested in your souls game play.

want to see WHAT you are actually doing to make ascendant worth the money I already paid for ASE. which by the way was in the 100s as I paid for every single DLC in addition to the game. And stupidily started on PC. stupidly bought it for PSN. then not knowing Ark2 was going to be a format I did not want to waste my time on had purchased the game yet again for xbox. actually only bought the xbox because I had dreamed of Ark2 being a fixed and advanced ark 1. If I had known..."souls like" I could have saved so so so much money.

Not sure why Im here even bothering to look for news on ASA. I absolutely do not believe its happening this year. and so far, seeing nothing to warrant it being a paid for "upgrade".

I am constantly looking for an alternative to ASE. so far no one comes close to ASE. and those that might are those kinds of seed maps no one wants to be a part of. not even as a single player. 

with ASE shutting down its no use playing a dead game. I keep hoping...but all these nothings do not make me believe WC anymore. or really, I should say no longer believe "the SNail" as SNAIL Games is really who is running the show.

Its ironic how slow all the DLCs were to come out and none of us realized "snail games" meant WC was being held hostage at a "snails pace".

I feel bad for the WC devs getting terrible things said about them all these years. when all the while its not WildCard its Snail games. Hoping WC survives this snail game fiasco. WC IS why there was anything good about ASE. the bugs, I think are safely laid at the snails door.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Khejan said:

Once again, ignoring and glossing over the fact that the CEO tweeted that the Unreal 5 upgrade for Ark:SE would be FREE.

Maybe take the time to do a little research before you post. They have already spoken about the issue of it previously being claimed as free and the reasons as to why it is no longer free. They went into it in details after the roadmap. All it takes is to read through the community crunches properly.

Besides it wasn't the CEO that said it was going to be free.

Edited by GP

1 hour ago, Indozilla said:

I hope the developers see this and I really hope this will come in ASA, but why not they port over creatures from Atlas? I would love to have the Hydra, the Bobcat, Moa, and so many of the various creatures they have and import them into their main game, and ASA is the perfect opportunity for this. Instead of needing to download an Atlas mod that eventually comes available for ASA, just port over the creatures. And if not, why not just add their creatures to the upcoming creature votes? I am sure many people agree with this idea and it would expand Ark with so much more content and opportunities for growth and honestly make ASA even more worth the price.

Honestly I'd be game for that. Even as a cheap DLC. I was always surprised that a crossover was never attempted for ASE !
Plus I just like the Leatherwing :) Its little scream when it gets hurt is too cute, and (depending on the mod you use for it) it's a pretty strong mid-game tame.

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic about ark 2.  Don't rush it, don't over hype it.  If you can deliver on the improved animal behavior and taming, combat, creative building options, and npc tribes for a good single player and non-dedicated experience, graphics can take a back seat because you will have the ultimate open world survival game.

However...

Any chance of the ongoing crashing on playstation when logging off on single player and non-dedicated getting fixed before the game is abandoned?  Or allowing playstation players to adjust and/or remove the teather to the host on non-dedicated? How these issues are handled will have a huge impact on how willing my group of friends will be to spend any more money on ark games.  Most of us would buy some dlc for the current game if these 2 things are addressed.

• Thanks 1

I think that the graphical change is not a "complete rework of the game" you should add to it all the other structures on the map, from piranhas to mountains and surroundings.  So far, they've presented us with a few changes, but it doesn't make ASA completely different.  But it will still be the island it was in ASE so that doesn't make ASA a different game either.  Scorched earth is also the same Scorched earth.  You add a new dino already for ASA but that still doesn't make ASA a different game because that dino can be added to ASE.  Will you rebuild the bosses?  Will there be aliens running around?  then let's call it another game.  Puki what is an update of two maps because more details are not given.  And since ASE is still a defective product, as evidenced by server shutdowns, a free update is due.

As long as you're trying to sell two of the same maps as a different game, it's ridiculous.  If it was already a completely different map then I'll admit it's a different game.  You will continue to retouch more DLCs and sell them as new but they will still be the same DLC

ASE                                ASA

Gen2                   ->        Gen2

Scorched earth  -> Scorched earth

Theisland -> Theisland

Etc.. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
53 minutes ago, Noffek said:

I think that the graphical change is not a "complete rework of the game" you should add to it all the other structures on the map, from piranhas to mountains and surroundings.  So far, they've presented us with a few changes, but it doesn't make ASA completely different.  But it will still be the island it was in ASE so that doesn't make ASA a different game either.  Scorched earth is also the same Scorched earth.  You add a new dino already for ASA but that still doesn't make ASA a different game because that dino can be added to ASE.  Will you rebuild the bosses?  Will there be aliens running around?  then let's call it another game.  Puki what is an update of two maps because more details are not given.  And since ASE is still a defective product, as evidenced by server shutdowns, a free update is due.

As long as you're trying to sell two of the same maps as a different game, it's ridiculous.  If it was already a completely different map then I'll admit it's a different game.  You will continue to retouch more DLCs and sell them as new but they will still be the same DLC

ASE                                ASA

Gen2                   ->        Gen2

Scorched earth  -> Scorched earth

Theisland -> Theisland

Etc.. 

They aren't selling it as a new game, they are selling it as a remaster.

Plus ASA will get brand new content with new DLCs. ASA is bringing ARK out of the 2015 dark ages into 2023. It will be glorious. 😂

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Can you actually ignore people here in the forum, so that their texts are no longer displayed?

I find it very difficult to read the comments here, because constantly come the same negative statements. 
I personally find this very annoying. (If I were WC I would probably not post anything more to ASA out of Prinziep, even if it also punishes the positive thinking or curious).
Instead of bringing ideas into the suggestion channel, or voting for them, the special complainers only grumble anyway. 

I'm looking forward to ASA and am SUPER curious, but my patience is being really spoiled.

How ASA will be, you see anyway only when it comes out. I would like to wait for it in peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 4