Community Crunch 362: ARK 2 Wooden Structure Tier, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Showcase your architectural prowess in a whole new light! This preview of the wooden tier set offers a glimpse into a collection of actual player builds, showcasing just a few of the myriad ways you can put your creativity to the test in ARK 2's new building system.

ARK2_building_wood.png

Ark2 Promo_Structures.jpg

Download in full resolution in the Media Kit

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, May 22nd.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval,2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

ARKpocalyspe_title.png

ARKpocalyspe_art.jpg

ARKpocalypse servers have been wiped today!

What are ARKpocalypse and Beginner Servers?

• ARKpocalypse are monthly-wipe servers with higher than usual rates.
  • Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players.

Next wipe:

• ARKpocalypse: June 16th 2023
  • Beginner: June 16th 2023

You can join them by searching in the server browser! Happy Surviving!

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

IN MEMORIAM.png

ARK_inmemoriam_HGMods_870x870_V2.png

We were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Holger "Hulk" Geissler, a remarkable modder whose creations under the HG Mods banner left an indelible mark on the community. Hulk's mods reached far and wide, touching the hearts of players and transforming their gameplay experiences. 
We would like to extend our most sincere condolences to his loved ones.

As we bid farewell, we celebrate his ascension as a true survivor, forever inspiring us to reach new heights.

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Jimbob

Watch Jimbob build his dream Caballus townhouse and reveal it to his friends.

fanartblue.png

Running out of time by @TekARK3

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_TekARK3_19

Scenery by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_k3zk_627_1

Three Elements by Acodan

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Acodan_192

Kieran Ark by Rtappart

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Rtappart_1

Fjordhawk sketch by LycaosX

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_LycaosX_19

Therizinosaurus! by Alona103Z

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Alona103Z_

Tail Ride by StephDragonness

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_StephDrago

acreenshotsblue.png

Rock Drake by Jacob

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Jacob_1920

Lanovia the Unicorn by Lark

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Lark_1920x

Tropeognathus by Homelander

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_362_Homelander

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

RIP Hulk 

I find it a disappointment that we as a community are not shown further things/designs/ideas of ASA . Official servers are dead at this point but Wildcard still is keeping us wait until at least end of August! If not even longer then that. They should start to make longer Community Crunches with further more detailed information.

• Like 2

I'm shocked to learn about Hulk. I had heard that he was not going to be able to maintain the mods for health reasons, but I had no idea it was that bad. I didn't know him personally but like many, I used and loved his mods. My condolences to his family and friends.
WildCard, where are we on the Valguero shrine update, by the way ? We've had a lot of ascensions this year, and it's only May...

The building system in ARK2 is intriguing. I have questions... which probably won't get any answer anytime soon, but the questions are fun themselves (so many roof angles !). This is cool speculation, as opposed to a lot of speculation about ARK2 in the past 2 years. It's still "just" concept art, and of course it doesn't mean everything in it will be in the game eventually, but oh well.
(...and that's just ONE tier ?!)

You know what would be fun ? If you organized a few dev streams of live (re)modeling some assets or creatures for ASA. Since work is ongoing, it could be nice to see the work in progress, and get us invested in how much time it takes, what goes into it, etc. For assets we already know by heart (like the sleeping bag you presented last time, for instance), there is little to no need for secrecy anyway. Might as well show us the WIP, explain a bit how devs work day-to-day and/or approach the upgrade, maybe ask for feedback live ("too much fur ?"/"what do you survivors like about the current smithy ?" etc.) or, if your team is not comfortable with it, just have some quiet 3D work without looking at the chat with the game's soundtrack in the background. 

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diabolos said:

Unfortunately live streaming development isn't really doable. Take for example from above, a wooden wall. It takes roughly one day to get a prototype for a concept. They likely create a dozen slightly different prototypes and which then go by the department heads desk and either one gets approved or they submit different concept art to build off.

The above does not account for 3rd parties doing the 3d modelling, as ARK 2's assets are being developed by Digital Domain.

The WIP/Secrecy is because after lots is said and done, they need to piece it together and then do quality assurance, to make sure styles mesh well together. You wouldn't go out wearing an orange sweater with neon green pants would you? Developers don't want to bring something to your attention until they are sure that it's at least within acceptable tolerance of what they have envisioned.

I don't know, I've seen other studios do it and people loved it, as long as the limitations of the exercise were clear. It doesn't need to be the definitive version of the asset, anyway. Just involving us in the WIP, having the possibility to see why things take time (and as such, why things cost money, which includes paying for salaries ; a lot of people don't seem to have a clear grasp on that), having the opportunity to ask questions out of curiosity for dev work, and/or letting the community take part in the asset upgrade... that's nice in itself. It doesn't have to be the finished product. 
(I was specifically talking about ASA by the way, not ARK2)

Curious the building blocks seem same as in ASA ,on one hand they say ARK 2 would be complete different then they show us something very similar ,mixed emotions dont know if this is a good or bad sign,as the description of,souls like game seem like to me they were going the route, of a single player game, but from these housing its clearly ment for a community not just single players. Also they showed on Alien creatures on the trailer, but this structures pic, depicts few of the all recognized dinos: A Bronco, a couple of Ankys a Stego and a Para lying down, pteras obviously fill the skys and one landed on a roof. So really confusing pic about ARK2 ,I was hoping for a continuing of the story on an Alien planet ,its hard to read from this how different ARK 2 will be and or stay same as ASA. 
Side note,also noticed the Pillar in the room lol.. wonder if ARK 2 servers gone get pillared like in ASE,Its one thing I never experienced in other games and a hurdle to overcome..

All this effort spent on Ark 2 is going to be wasted. 

If you put up a poll, what percentage of your user base do you think will buy Ark 2? I bet you’d be shocked. With ASA I’ll never need Ark 2….why would anyone need Ark with no first person? 

Id wager that less than 25% of the userbase gives a damn about Ark 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't like it because it was like a Vikings mod and the bad thing about all this was for ark2 that we expect something more than this nonsense, they also do everything wrong, they didn't have to get anything from ark2, only new things from ASA now I don't know what do I buy ASA or wait until ark2 comes out because I'm disgusted with everything

Alot of good the Evo events are for me! Last event and this event I'm not getting any xp! I'm 3/4 of the way to lvl 143 and I'm not getting xp for crafting, gathering, tek pod, or shooting a dino. The only way I'm getting xp is by killing dinos while riding a dino. smh

What's the point of even playing anymore.....

Update; I'm getting xp in the tek pod while offline. So, off to FFXIV I go then.....

Edited by Rhaya

46 minutes ago, Harley4you said:

can you pls, PLS fix this in Asa?
https://ibb.co/1n7tvFx

2023-05-20_105452.jpg

What do you want fixed about it? You cant make it so the triangles are as long as the squares from top corner to middle of bottom edge. If you did that the left and right sides of it would be longer than the bottom side and longer than squares or walls. Thats just not how geometry works. If you want something to fill in that corner half way you need to ask for a new type of foundation, but the distance from one corner to the other is longer than a wall, so a new issue would come up there.

1 hour ago, acat said:

What do you want fixed about it? You cant make it so the triangles are as long as the squares from top corner to middle of bottom edge. If you did that the left and right sides of it would be longer than the bottom side and longer than squares or walls. Thats just not how geometry works. If you want something to fill in that corner half way you need to ask for a new type of foundation, but the distance from one corner to the other is longer than a wall, so a new issue would come up there.

exactly, but as you said yourself, it´s fixable, i don´t care how they do it
change size, add a type of wall that auto adjust it´s length etc, see any building game in the world for reference