Ark Riddle assistance

Alastoria

Could anyone help me with a riddle my friend gave me? He hid a creature for me and I've given up but he refuses to tell me. It can be on any map except Abberation

The Riddle is

I'd tell you to travel light, but you really don't have a choice. He's hanging with some playful pups

The clue is

You don't need a TP to get there, just use your guide

Edited by Alastoria
Had to add something

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Alastoria said:

I'd tell you to travel light, but you really don't have a choice. He's hanging with some playful pups

Bulbdog?

13 minutes ago, Alastoria said:

You don't need a TP to get there, just use your guide

Your guide is HLN-A, and she can be used to teleport on certain maps.

Edited by invincibleqc

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Alastoria said:

I dont use the forums much to reply 😭 so if I do something that deletes a reply, my apologies! So, Gen 1 or 2. Would it be in a bulbdog spawn? I don't really know their spawns on those maps

I'd say check the Lunar cave on Gen1.

8 hours ago, Alastoria said:

Do all the Lunar Caves spawn Bulbdogs or only one? I've checked the one that's  known to have Bulbdogs but it's not there 

Dont forget that Fjordur is a free Dlc, you can TP, and it has a SpaceCave also. and i think there are bulbdogs in there...

Only thing is on Fjordur it isnt really your "guide" thats Tping you, raher just your own ability.
AND... I think the most important part of the riddle is "But you really dont have a choice" The meaning of that may be the key  :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Dont forget that Fjordur is a free Dlc, you can TP, and it has a SpaceCave also. and i think there are bulbdogs in there...

Only thing is on Fjordur it isnt really your "guide" thats Tping you, raher just your own ability.
AND... I think the most important part of the riddle is "But you really dont have a choice" The meaning of that may be the key  :)

In space you dont have a choice because the gravity is less so youre lighter than normal.

18 hours ago, Alastoria said:

Do all the Lunar Caves spawn Bulbdogs or only one? I've checked the one that's  known to have Bulbdogs but it's not there 

As far as I know there's only 1 cave with bulbdogs on Gen 1.

There are also Lunar biome caves with Ravagers. Since it's a riddle it doesn't have to be strictly literal, "hanging with some playful pups" could also mean ravagers. Obviously that's not as safe a place to leave something for you as the bulbdog cave would be, but maybe he left you something tough enough that it can handle the ravagers when you show up.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:08 AM, Alastoria said:

'd tell you to travel light, but you really don't have a choice. He's hanging with some playful pups

So travel light could be zero G or NEED light because its an Aberration kinda biome, or just dark as in inside a cave. The fact that the "prize" is hanging with some playful pups, must be relevant. Bulb dogs and such don't much "hang" they hop. The new big bat was mentioned above - so that could be Fjorder, but that map invalidates the clue of "use your guide". Pups are generally off of some kind of mammal, and the only "playful" mammals that spawn are Beaver, Otter and Rhino (= friendly, not aggressive).

As above wee bats are known as pups - and bats have been in the game since forever, never mind the new big bat. Sharks also birth pups.  But none of that is playful!

The clue speaks to TP - which I guess is TelePort. Which as above "useing your guide" leads to HLNA. Which kinda restricts to Gen 1 or Gen 2.

I don't see a Rhino hanging much - so Beaver or Otter - preferably in the dark (a cave?) or in space on Gen 1 or Gen 2.

As a left field thought (I dunno if a toons "drag weight" can influence getting snatched into the air by a bog spider (bloodstalker) ) but maybe have a squiz through the swamp on Gen 1 where the spiders "hang". Or Gen 2 where bloodstalkers spawn - this map I am unfamiliar with altogether, so cannot comment exactly where.

Good Luck! And good riddle ..........