Wondering about wildcard

Nickevon

I wonder what creatures/dinosaurs/animals wild card has chosen for the story maps in asa 🤔

I also wonder how they chose 🤔

Did they pick creatures from all those creature votes that they liked or did they just choose a creature they thought would be neat idea to have in asa 🤔

And now that I think about it

I wonder if wildcard will have other  creature votes for the other story maps like they did with scorched earth 🤔

I mean these maps 

The Island

Scorched Earth

Aberration

Extinction 

Genesis part 1 

Genesis part 2 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Nickevon said:

I wonder what creatures/dinosaurs/animals wild card has chosen for the story maps in asa 🤔

I also wonder how they chose 🤔

Did they pick creatures from all those creature votes that they liked or did they just choose a creature they thought would be neat idea to have in asa 🤔

And now that I think about it

I wonder if wildcard will have other  creature votes for the other story maps like they did with scorched earth 🤔

I mean these maps 

The Island

Scorched Earth

Aberration

Extinction 

Genesis part 1 

Genesis part 2 

When was the release of the new

flying

Bug dino

again?

And didnt realize they are gonig to add more creatures...

Are they going to add new animals to the game each time a new

map 

is comming out?

I think I want to add a creature to the next creature submission.

A VERY CUTE shoulder pet that you can boost with "something". Maybe cuddling or feeding it random food like with imprinting, so it gains Affection. Similar mechanic as with the Noglin. Then the more it becomes affected, the more cute it becomes and it will give a taming effectiveness boost to nearby tames...

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

When was the release of the new flying Bug dino again?

And didnt realize they are gonig to add more creatures...

Are they going to add new animals to the game each time a new

The Rhyniognatha is coming in June for the games 8th anniversary.

They are adding 1 new creature with each canon DLC and also 4 new creatures with the brand new DLC.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GP said:

The Rhyniognatha is coming in June for the games 8th anniversary.

They are adding 1 new creature with each canon DLC and also 4 new creatures with the brand new DLC.

I just wish they would fix the darn procoptodon still.  As it stands, its the only dino we know of that helps with raising babies that will be there at launch, and it still drops babies under the floor if you leave render.

Instead of fixing it they just added maewings , which isn't going to help anyone in ASA...

14 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I just wish they would fix the darn procoptodon still.  As it stands, its the only dino we know of that helps with raising babies that will be there at launch, and it still drops babies under the floor if you leave render.

Instead of fixing it they just added maewings , which isn't going to help anyone in ASA...

Unless they rework breeding in general for ASA, I think they'll add Maes to the island.

The Mae is too much of a QOL improvement to breeding for us to have to wait until Gen 2 to get them again. It would be a massive step backwards.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Yeah, the Procoptodon is really anoying. Sometimes its even too hard to get the imprint option visible because of the movement or the animal inside the pouch is too small. Lots of trouble with that. Why isnt there an option on the Procoptodon itself to feed the animal inside the pouch directly? In the end its doable but its just a pain. Also the "remove from pouch" is anoying. You have to (occasionally?) click the option in the radial menu instead of just releasing your mouse when hoovering over it. I forget that a lot of times and I think its just stuck in the pouch... Other times its actually just stuck inside the pounch anyway...
Tip for that: You can cryo the baby inside the pouch, but with bad luck you end up cryoing the Momma Procoptodon, only Rockwell knows what might happen to the baby inside the pouch when you make that mistake...
Also, so many creatures that cant be picked up by it to have it in its pouch. I mean why?! Cant pick up a BABY Desmodus?! Why not?

31 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Unless they rework breeding in general for ASA, I think they'll add Maes to the island.

The Mae is too much of a QOL improvement to breeding for us to have to wait until Gen 2 to get them again. It would be a massive step backwards.

Well, Im a OG Ark player. I raised with 4hour imprint interval, while rates where 0.5 and no cryos excisted yet. I think I can live with it as of 2023, just without Maewing/Incubator... Just oldschool Conditioners and/or Otters/Dimetrodons.
Though, Maybe they could add a map (Lost Island) sooner than Gen2. I dont really find the Maewing suitable for The Island. Maybe only if it will be a rare spawn...
Besides that, the start of ASA could be giving a Back to Oldschool with Basics/Classics feeling/vibe that I think I wouldnt really be bothered by AT ALL... The new dlcs will come out for ASA soon enough...
(Though it could make bases bigger than needed again and all, not sure if that would be a server problem issue for ASA servers)
(Though I feel they should really add things like creature grab and lasso grab for example for PvE...)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Though, Maybe they could add a map (Lost Island) sooner than Gen2. I dont really find the Maewing suitable for The Island. Maybe only if it will be a rare spawn...

The reason (probably - my guess anyway) around why there is a staggered implementation is to allow them time to "transform" all the bits of a map - one at a time. So one is the whole "Map" itself - the the other is the reworked creatures for that map. So without doing the Genesis "conversion" the creatures won't be ready yet .....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Yeah, the Procoptodon is really anoying. Sometimes its even too hard to get the imprint option visible because of the movement or the animal inside the pouch is too small. Lots of trouble with that. Why isnt there an option on the Procoptodon itself to feed the animal inside the pouch directly? In the end its doable but its just a pain. Also the "remove from pouch" is anoying. You have to (occasionally?) click the option in the radial menu instead of just releasing your mouse when hoovering over it. I forget that a lot of times and I think its just stuck in the pouch... Other times its actually just stuck inside the pounch anyway...
Tip for that: You can cryo the baby inside the pouch, but with bad luck you end up cryoing the Momma Procoptodon, only Rockwell knows what might happen to the baby inside the pouch when you make that mistake...
Also, so many creatures that cant be picked up by it to have it in its pouch. I mean why?! Cant pick up a BABY Desmodus?! Why not?

Well, Im a OG Ark player. I raised with 4hour imprint interval, while rates where 0.5 and no cryos excisted yet. I think I can live with it as of 2023, just without Maewing/Incubator... Just oldschool Conditioners and/or Otters/Dimetrodons.
Besides that, the start of ASA could be giving a Back to Oldschool with Basics/Classics feeling/vibe that I think I wouldnt really be bothered by AT ALL... The new dlcs will come out for ASA soon enough...
(Though it could make bases bigger than needed again and all, not sure if that would be a server problem issue for ASA servers)
(Though I feel they should really add things like creature grab and lasso grab for example for PvE...)

I've played from the beginning on playstation too. Doesn't mean I want to go back to an inferior, time consuming, annoying way of breeding again.

Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Maewings are a must-have creature now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I've played from the beginning on playstation too. Doesn't mean I want to go back to an inferior, time consuming, annoying way of breeding again.

Cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Maewings are a must-have creature now.

Yeah, was just going to replay to DirkInSA, but its the same for a lot of content you have gained control over time. The harsh pain of loosing everything is still something I cry about every day :) Seriously a bit lol. But in reality, I couldnt imagen now having no skiff neither, what about the leash or (for PvP) Ammobox or the fixsave for crowded servers (ocean)platforms or ... Ok, in a nutshell, there is so much content thats limited to "future" dlcs that are really gamechanging... Every gamechanging thing from the past eg. Wyverns. Are now out of the question again...
You either like it or dont. I I bet high money that a lot of people will not like it and rather play Ark1.0 again...
Though there might be a chance the breeding will be all that less interesting, when they fix the mutation limiting as I have heard of i believe...
So there wouldnt be lines of houndreds of babys to force mutations into offspring and all...
Getting the 100% imprint, and mixing a few good lines up should be doable without maewings, right?
But... If there is any chance they can speed up things, they should add Fjordur or Lost Island to the dlcs, if they would even ever...
I would hate waiting for a lot of contect also, even though I like going "oldschool"

• Like 1

Agree! I (from plain "I'm fed up and wanna get rid of steam and wildcard altogether") spent effort to get an older version of Ark running on my lan. It only goes as far as Extinction. And the difference in interface / view / game play is not noticeable to the current version. But the kit that is not available is huge. Incubator is probably 1st on the "lack" list. For my playstyle the Sino out of Lost Island is probably 2nd. And sure - Maewing really is a breeding game changer!

But I think they plan on Scorched at "release" - so a Wyvern should be available .............. But plans oft go awry ............ Especially w software development.

2 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Dudes its a NEW game at NEW game prices. Pony up and play from the "beginning". There ain't no history here.

(don't shoot me guys :) )

Oh, its definitly not a new game :) But slight chances can have HUGE impact on overall experience. As for me, my first 3-4k hours were on official hardcore mode... Its like single player without singleplayer setting... Try defeating Dragon solo that way and all... ( Iplayed pretty much solo) And struggles with whatever wildlife are a walk in the park now. Just yesterday, I ended up without my Basilo (In front of the Brute cave) on the bottom of the ocean (It decided to just swim off) while I was attacked by an alpha Megalodon and a Dunkle and a swarm of mantas. I dont know how, but I just managed to get on land and survived. Its the little movement to the left and right at specific times to dodge attacks that somehow now go automaticly... I know now what to do in whatever situation and what my best options are. Like a wild Giga encounter? I just, for example find high ground, whistle my dinos passive into one direction and run into other direction and parachute over other wildlife or trees. Point is, most of us have maybe even 10k hours into this game. There is this 10k rule for mastering expertises. I think it counts for a lot of us. No way most of us wil be baffled by whatever chances they add/make to make it anywhere near a new game...

But yeah, im looking forward to ASA. Im not discouraged by the starting fresh and all. Ark seemingly is the right game for me... I bothered looking for another game for the long run, but only games I ended up at where eg. Monster Hunter. But it lacks so much personallyfication (Is that a word in English? Edit: Personification) that id rather wait for Ark2. Though my fear is that Ark2 will actuallly be a lot like... Monster Hunter :( 
A lot of games have pretty much the same "content" available for everyone. If you look at other's Garages for example in GTA, in the end its all the same stuff in the same building everyone has. In Ark your base, your dinos can be really "yours" At least thats how I feel about it...

I only think there should be a different level of gamecontent added to ASA, thats going to fill up the feeling which is "Oh Ive seen it all before"

Edited by SunsetErosion
  • Like 1

@SunsetErosionDunno whether to laugh or like - So this is both ......... Yeah other games do not cut it. I've tried at lot if stuff from ranging from Grounded to Tarkov. And keep coming back to Ark. So yeah - the experience around how stuff works is not lost - But I think that {some / many} will be very heartsore to lose those several k of hours spent breeding this or building that ..........

P.S. - I don't care if it is english - I like your "personallyfication"

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Times of sleepless nights to do imprinting in gigantus. Get up at night every 3 hours to feed Gigantus and that's on basic engrams.  It was tough but it got through.  However, it was never possible to perform 100% Gigantus rusl imprinting too quickly, there were always seconds missing. You now have a dino that feeds the dino for you, an incubator that allows you to see the stats of the colors, which allows you to breed and perform other tasks stress-free. The challenge was to make 100% of the print without assistance.  New players (who unknowingly buy ASE!) are in a better breeding situation than they were 7 years ago.  Now ASA is back in the stone age.  A bit not how they should do it (let's give them 4 more months and wr remove all players, they will want to play ASA a lot).  (80% of friends have already removed themselves from the game, bases have disappeared, and online friends are decreasing day by day) ASA is the same as ASE only after a facelift and none of us will answer the question of whether ASA will be able to make a 100% inprinting.  I suspect nothing will change after the facelift.  The bugs will remain as they are, let's face it, despite our bug complaints, 90% of them have yet to be fixed in the ASE.  Even an ambiguous written guarantee that ASA will be free of these defects will not convince me to buy ASA.