Community Crunch 361: ASA Comparison, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's nothing personal. I'm just pointing out that you don't, in fact, speak for the majority. The majority of people playing this game don't come to this forum. Your stated experience with other people is nothing more than anecdotal.

In fact, from a numbers game, only a small handful of people on this forum are complaining about the situation.

As far as people using items and dinos in ways the devs "never thought of". Thats neither extraordinary nor new for any game. That's par for the course. 

So you can put that crown on your head as much as you like as if you are speaking for the majority. It doesn't make it true. It never will no matter how often you say it.

Number 1, I’m not putting a crown on my head, nor was I ever implying that to begin with.  I don’t appreciate your condescending tone to be honest, it is unwarranted and uncalled for.  I should have rephrased how I said that and that is on me, but it doesn’t give any one the right to talk to me in this fashion.  I should have said “I probably could speak to” or “I’m sure a vast majority”.  I am not implying nor was that my intent that I speak for the majority of the community, I ain’t the Lorax for crying in the mud.  If you miss my talking points that’s on you, and I do take this a little personal.  The reason is is because my main point of my whole post is lost in this useless, no solution pi**ing match because someone took one or two lines of what I said in a 1000 character post and wanted to be overly critical, instead of thinking about the point I was trying to make.  No one person speaks to the whole community and I was not placing a “crown” on my head, that’s just offensively absurd.

I’m not going to drag this out anymore, I have other things to do than to sit here and defend myself over something that I should have rephrased and having a tizzy over it.  I’m human and make mistakes, no I don’t “in fact” speak for the vast majority of the community.  Next time I’ll make sure my words are phrased so it doesn’t trigger this kind of a response, and it would be greatly appreciated if you would exercise a literal bit more tact in your rebuttal.  If the shoe was on the other foot and it was me being that way to you using the language you are I would have gotten myself banned already.  Let’s drop this absolutely silly debacle and move on, and take away the point of what I was talking about instead of how it was worded.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, IFF said:

At this point it's no longer a "community crunch"

this is just what you called "avoiding the stuffs the community wants to hear about and just say stuffs we want to say and show slightly better resources for a game you have to fully paid" crunch

Agreed a game we already paid for.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 10:43 PM, LovelyAngel87 said:

RIP Ark. I played for years since even before Abbarition came out and your charging us veterans that played this long for a slight better detailed Ark? Sure we have bit our tongue due to bugs, glitches, disconnections for all these years and all, but how will the details make Ark 2 a sucess? Your going to buy Ark 1 all over again with no changes just the same bugs, glitches, and disconnections with blue screens.

Exactly my point lovely exactly my point. It's absurd and sad.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

Well, there are mods that change the game a lot.
And how about playing very slowly and getting to know animals that you otherwise never use?

True, it might be interresting to use any level of boss with Rhyniognatha. Achatinas vere not working at all for this fun XD Viva la manti.  But not sure if it is worth of investment so far. 

6 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Exactly my point lovely exactly my point. It's absurd and sad.

RIP ark. Correct :(

Majority of players leaving (because of this shameful End of Ark - where for them nothing make a sense anymore) and new players only looting, not playing anymore. Thats sad.

Hoping that for Ark2 it will be again back in normal. This game is so fcking boring in single player. 

2 hours ago, krupi said:

True, it might be interresting to use any level of boss with Rhyniognatha. Achatinas vere not working at all for this fun XD Viva la manti.  But not sure if it is worth of investment so far. 

No, I don't mean using animals for bosses that no one has ever used, but play slowly, get one starting animal after the other, even if you can tame them, do without raptors and co. for a long time.

I play with The Hunted (tameable animals are very low level, character stats are changed, you can only tame animals passively or steal eggs. Animals don't eat all Kibel, but some of them start with the Superior Kibble. Eggs can only be hatched with certain nests, which are only available on three certain levels) and with the KangaMods (you lose XP when you die, there are various diseases, you wake up badly injured, etc.) züsätzlich I have so turned on the settings that you are dependent on animals, even a dodo can kill you with ease, your punches with your fist but do not have much effect.

I've been playing with the settings since October (still level 9 so far) and I'm getting to know the animals from a side I've never seen on them when I played normal Ark.

What is from The Hunted and what is vanilla, no idea besides there are also different bugs that I like more often but.
- Hesperornis hunt fish, but harvest it only if they are NOT into following and have killed it themselves before.
- Kangaroos help you to imprint the animals faster, but only if the female picks up the animal in the pouch and a guy is standing next to it
- Otters don't like to hunt so much, unless other animals attack with them, but they harvest meat and fish wonderfully by themselves, if they don't follow and stand on neutral. They even traipse over to the carcasses themselves as soon as they are near. Very eager workers!
- A Moschops is an absolute coward, but if he finds something to attack that does NOT fight back, he is happy first, circles you, pushes you around and only then he attacks it. 
- Dimorphodons are good fighters, but they always have to rest a little bit when they fight, so it doesn't matter if they are eaten or not (the rest is regulated by contract and is STRICTLY kept!).

I have a teammate who just wanted to give it a try, and funnily enough he now thinks it's just as great as I do and comes up with more and more ideas on how to make it more cumbersome, realistic and slow.

The thrill is maintained so long.
How often do you experience in Vanilla that the Rex roars you down from his mount?

You have to find ways to live safely and protect your animals so they become strong enough to work for you (harvesting, carrying and other things) and save your butt. (The hunted has standard level 1 animals that are tameable, the untameable animals are adjusted to the server level and certain nest guardians, are even at least 60% higher than the server max. level. But these animals are untamable).
For me, the tamable level is 30, because I love to tame wild animals and pull together good values.

Building is possible at the beginning ONLY with straw. 
It presents a lot more challenges.
Small animals like to slide through the roof, which can be used as a ramp. 

There are also no cryo capsules on such low levels.
So you have to drag animals from A to B behind you.
Which can often end fatally

This is what I meant by playing slowly and using animals that you usually did NOT use.

I'm aware that most people don't like that.

But no matter if the animals were changed in The Hunted, the basic code is from WC, and only now I realize HOW useful all the animals can be.
I never experienced that before. Whereas I was never interested in Rex and co.

And for me it's much more pleasant to let off steam on the lower levels and discover all the possibilities there, to be able to breed to get the animals decent and the like.
After all, the Stone Age people didn't have their metal axes within five minutes, but had to walk around with stone axes for many years.

Still ignoring the Mammoth in the room hoping it'll go away, eh Wildcard? Still not paying $60 for something that was originally advertised as free, no matter how pretty you make it look. Especially since it isn't launching with all the maps anyway, my buddies and I play on Rag, Gen 2 and Fjordur. 

Where's the Rhyniognatha? We're halfway through May and still haven't seen anything more than a dossier. You're REALLY giving the guys on official (ultimately this doesn't affect me because I play on a private server cluster), very little time to play with your new creature before they're forced to abandon ship.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, GmanPlaysGames said:

Still ignoring the Mammoth in the room hoping it'll go away, eh Wildcard? Still not paying $60 for something that was originally advertised as free, no matter how pretty you make it look. Especially since it isn't launching with all the maps anyway, my buddies and I play on Rag, Gen 2 and Fjordur. 

Where's the Rhyniognatha? We're halfway through May and still haven't seen anything more than a dossier. You're REALLY giving the guys on official (ultimately this doesn't affect me because I play on a private server cluster), very little time to play with your new creature before they're forced to abandon ship.

They've previously said Rhyniognatha is coming with ARK's 8th Anniversary which is early June.

As for ignoring the mammoth in the room, well there's not much else for them to say because nothing's going to change. People either got to accept it for what it is or move on. May sound harsh, but life is too short to complain and wait for something that won't change.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Diabolos said:

TL;DR Masochism.

I just find it more exciting than when you're jumping around overpowered and not much can happen anyway.

And getting to know and using such animals is much more interesting than having a Rex or Giga that slaughters everything that gets in its way.

It also makes building less boring, because you keep getting new structures and the house keeps changing.

Especially I always wondered why there are stone tool building plans at all, if no one uses them anyway. and the stone tools are usually in the corner after a few days and no one is interested anymore.

I find it a pity when so many things are skipped.

And with the slingshot or the boomerang to kill a spino is rare, but if you make it you are proud like Oskar.

17 hours ago, krupi said:

RIP ark. Correct :(

Majority of players leaving (because of this shameful End of Ark - where for them nothing make a sense anymore) and new players only looting, not playing anymore. Thats sad.

Hoping that for Ark2 it will be again back in normal. This game is so fcking boring in single player. 

Yes it is. 😔.  They could just downsize on the servers in my opinion. But WC/SG are not telling or listening at all. To leave Ark ASE the way is broken glitchy etc is so unfair. 😔

On 5/14/2023 at 11:08 AM, Vaskur said:

So... there´s a new Skyrim remaster, edition whatever every few years and nobody bats an eye. But if Ark get´s an update to a higher tier of engine, everyone loses their mind.

Vaskur but that is a game that has one or or two dlcs. And didn't cost almost 200 dollars. 

Edited by ladymarina

On 5/18/2023 at 12:18 PM, Dienstbier said:

No, I don't mean using animals for bosses that no one has ever used, but play slowly, get one starting animal after the other, even if you can tame them, do without raptors and co. for a long time.

I play with The Hunted (tameable animals are very low level, character stats are changed, you can only tame animals passively or steal eggs. Animals don't eat all Kibel, but some of them start with the Superior Kibble. Eggs can only be hatched with certain nests, which are only available on three certain levels) and with the KangaMods (you lose XP when you die, there are various diseases, you wake up badly injured, etc.) züsätzlich I have so turned on the settings that you are dependent on animals, even a dodo can kill you with ease, your punches with your fist but do not have much effect.

I've been playing with the settings since October (still level 9 so far) and I'm getting to know the animals from a side I've never seen on them when I played normal Ark.

What is from The Hunted and what is vanilla, no idea besides there are also different bugs that I like more often but.
- Hesperornis hunt fish, but harvest it only if they are NOT into following and have killed it themselves before.
- Kangaroos help you to imprint the animals faster, but only if the female picks up the animal in the pouch and a guy is standing next to it
- Otters don't like to hunt so much, unless other animals attack with them, but they harvest meat and fish wonderfully by themselves, if they don't follow and stand on neutral. They even traipse over to the carcasses themselves as soon as they are near. Very eager workers!
- A Moschops is an absolute coward, but if he finds something to attack that does NOT fight back, he is happy first, circles you, pushes you around and only then he attacks it. 
- Dimorphodons are good fighters, but they always have to rest a little bit when they fight, so it doesn't matter if they are eaten or not (the rest is regulated by contract and is STRICTLY kept!).

I have a teammate who just wanted to give it a try, and funnily enough he now thinks it's just as great as I do and comes up with more and more ideas on how to make it more cumbersome, realistic and slow.

The thrill is maintained so long.
How often do you experience in Vanilla that the Rex roars you down from his mount?

You have to find ways to live safely and protect your animals so they become strong enough to work for you (harvesting, carrying and other things) and save your butt. (The hunted has standard level 1 animals that are tameable, the untameable animals are adjusted to the server level and certain nest guardians, are even at least 60% higher than the server max. level. But these animals are untamable).
For me, the tamable level is 30, because I love to tame wild animals and pull together good values.

Building is possible at the beginning ONLY with straw. 
It presents a lot more challenges.
Small animals like to slide through the roof, which can be used as a ramp. 

There are also no cryo capsules on such low levels.
So you have to drag animals from A to B behind you.
Which can often end fatally

This is what I meant by playing slowly and using animals that you usually did NOT use.

I'm aware that most people don't like that.

But no matter if the animals were changed in The Hunted, the basic code is from WC, and only now I realize HOW useful all the animals can be.
I never experienced that before. Whereas I was never interested in Rex and co.

And for me it's much more pleasant to let off steam on the lower levels and discover all the possibilities there, to be able to breed to get the animals decent and the like.
After all, the Stone Age people didn't have their metal axes within five minutes, but had to walk around with stone axes for many years.

:) Very possitive approach. Hope you will keep it. It is nice

5 hours ago, krupi said:

:) Very possitive approach. Hope you will keep it. It is nice

Yes, it will be maintained.
The more I play this way the more excited I am.
I have never had so much fun in Ark. (My teammate is also unexpectedly happy about the settings and also brings ideas himself, how everything can be made even more suitable).

I've played over 9000 hours, never laid a boss, and realize that THIS is exactly the way I want to play.
But it took me over two years to be able to implement it. Because before I had no idea how to set up servers correctly, different players always wanted to play much faster and I compromised.

The Kangamods, which are now compatible with The Hunted, allow me to customize even more how I want to play.

The server I have now after the separation of other players, designed only for ME. Everyone who wants to play there has to adapt to ME. I don't make compromises anymore, where I lose my joy of playing. 
I have done that far too often, the players were mostly gone and I was dissatisfied.

But I always find more what I want to adjust, so that everything is much more coherent, whether I move engrams, adjust recipes or make individual tamed animals weaker.

Actually, I didn't want to start all over again, because I assumed that everything fits well.
This was a misconception.
However, I'm really looking forward to the new beginning, but until then I have to wait for certain mods and tinker with the server even more to make it as perfect as possible.

But hopefully someday I'll manage to get to level 100 even with this way of playing. :D

I love playing with people, but I'd rather play alone than have to play as fast as before.
Luckily I found someone who is as crazy as me.
Maybe with time more people will get the taste.

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, dtablitz said:

With the official servers being wiped in August what is to stop you from wiping again once ark 2 comes out is there really any point starting over again and again

Because they've already said ASA is being developed for people that don't want to move on to ARK 2. It is to be developed in parallel with ARK 2. So they are hardly going to wipe and close ASA servers when ARK 2 releases.

People need to stop treating ASA as a stop gap until ARK 2 releases.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:37 AM, Talon468 said:

THAT!!!!!!

No one responding to what happened doesn't look good for Wildcard. Snail Games is a horrible company. They never made anything good aside trying to make Ark clones that went horribly wrong. Wildcard needs to distance themselves from them or they will go down with the ship when it sinks.

Wildcard are just as bad if they are not addressing the situation 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...